- 4 min ago Ducati Streetfighter V4 Teased Ahead Of India Launch: Set To Arrive In The Coming Weeks
- 1 hr ago Ola To Provide Oxygen Concentrators For Free: Partners With GiveIndia
- 2 hrs ago Mahindra XUV900 Will Be The First Coupe SUV From The Brand: Here Are All Details
- 15 hrs ago Amara Raja Batteries Restarts Production After 10 Days: Amaron Is Back In Business
- Education AEEE Result 2021 Declared For Phase 1, Check Results At amrita.edu
- Sports We benefited from video analysis during successful tours of Europe and Argentina: Rohidas
- Technology Is Amazon Delivering Products During Lockdown In India? Can You Place Regular Orders?
- News Maharashtra CM Uddhav Thackeray has become family doctor: Shiv Sena's 'Saamana'
- Movies Ekta Kapoor’s Kkusum Starring Nausheen Ali Sardar & Anuj Saxena To Have A Digital Sequel: Report
- Finance Top 10 Banks Giving Higher Returns On 5-Year Tax Saving Fixed Deposits
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi Sparkles In A Sequin Multicolour Pantsuit And Looks Oh-So-Sizzling In Her Latest Instagram Post
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
The new-generation Mahindra Thar continues to be the talk of the town after its launch in November 2020. The off-road SUV has created a massive buzz with its all-new design that offers ease of use and makes for an ideal urban cruiser.
According to the reports from Autocar India Professional, Mahindra has received over 6,500 bookings of the all-new Thar in December 2020. As a result, the company will be increasing the production of the SUV with suppliers being asked to deliver more parts.
The Executive Director of Auto and Farm Sectors, M&M, Rajesh Jejurikar stated that the new Thar continues its overwhelming response in December 2020. The demand is increasing every day and as a result, Mahindra has increased the production at all the suppliers.
He further stated that the automatic version of the Thar has been a massive hit. Nearly 50 per cent of the total sales of the off-road SUV have come from the Automatic variants. This has helped the brand to market the off-road SUV as an upmarket mainstream Mahindra product.
The company recently made some changes to the variants of the SUV sold in the country. According to the company's reports, a majority of customers opted for the top-spec LX variant. This influenced the decision to axe the base-spec variant from the off-road SUV's line-up.
The Mahindra Thar retailed at a starting price of Rs 9.80 lakh for the base-spec variant. Based on the updated brochure, the Thar now retails at a starting price of Rs 11.90 lakh. While the pricing for the top-spec LX remains unchanged at Rs 13.75 lakh. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The Thar SUV added another feather to its cap by securing a 4-star safety rating from Global NCAP. The SUV scored 12.52 points out of 17 for adult occupant safety and an impressive 41.11 points out of 49 for child occupant protection.
The second-gen SUV is available with two engine options: a 2.0-litre T-GDi mStallion petrol engine and a 2.2-litre mHawk diesel unit. The petrol unit produces 150bhp and 320Nm of peak torque while the diesel engine churns out 130bhp and 300Nm of torque.
Engines come mated to either a six-speed manual or a six-speed torque-converter automatic transmission. All varaints come equipped with Shift-On-Fly four-wheel-drive system with mechanical locking differentials as standard.
Thoughts About The Mahindra Thar Bookings Crossing 6,500 Units In December 2020
The all-new Thar has become one among the successful four-wheeler model sold in the Indian market. The updated SUV is well-received by off-road enthusiast and the general public. The added convenience of having an optional automatic has become the key factor for SUV's success in the market.