- News BJP MLA from Ayodhya sentenced to 5 years in prison for producing fake mark sheet to get college admission
- Movies Varun Dhawan Celebrates His 9-Year Milestone In Bollywood, Says 'Thank You For Believing'
- Education RSMSSB Fireman And AFO 2021 Exam Date Announced For 629 Posts On RSMSSB.Rajasthan.Gov.In, Check Details Here
- Sports Kamalpreet Kaur aims to break her national record to prepare for World Championships, CWG, Asian Games
- Finance 1 Large-Cap And Small-Cap Stock To Buy As Suggested By ICICI Securities
- Technology Google Pixel Launch Event Today: Here's How To Watch Livestream In India
- Lifestyle Long Covid May Not Be As Fatal As Acute COVID-19 But Can Worsen Existing Ailments, Say Experts
- Travel International Travel News: US To Ease Travel Curbs For Fully Vaccinated Foreigners From November 8
The new-generation Mahindra Thar continues to be the talk of the town after its launch in November 2020. The off-road SUV has created a massive buzz with its all-new design that offers ease of use and makes for an ideal urban cruiser.
According to the reports from Autocar India Professional, Mahindra has received over 6,500 bookings of the all-new Thar in December 2020. As a result, the company will be increasing the production of the SUV with suppliers being asked to deliver more parts.
The Executive Director of Auto and Farm Sectors, M&M, Rajesh Jejurikar stated that the new Thar continues its overwhelming response in December 2020. The demand is increasing every day and as a result, Mahindra has increased the production at all the suppliers.
He further stated that the automatic version of the Thar has been a massive hit. Nearly 50 per cent of the total sales of the off-road SUV have come from the Automatic variants. This has helped the brand to market the off-road SUV as an upmarket mainstream Mahindra product.
The company recently made some changes to the variants of the SUV sold in the country. According to the company's reports, a majority of customers opted for the top-spec LX variant. This influenced the decision to axe the base-spec variant from the off-road SUV's line-up.
The Mahindra Thar retailed at a starting price of Rs 9.80 lakh for the base-spec variant. Based on the updated brochure, the Thar now retails at a starting price of Rs 11.90 lakh. While the pricing for the top-spec LX remains unchanged at Rs 13.75 lakh. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The Thar SUV added another feather to its cap by securing a 4-star safety rating from Global NCAP. The SUV scored 12.52 points out of 17 for adult occupant safety and an impressive 41.11 points out of 49 for child occupant protection.
The second-gen SUV is available with two engine options: a 2.0-litre T-GDi mStallion petrol engine and a 2.2-litre mHawk diesel unit. The petrol unit produces 150bhp and 320Nm of peak torque while the diesel engine churns out 130bhp and 300Nm of torque.
Engines come mated to either a six-speed manual or a six-speed torque-converter automatic transmission. All varaints come equipped with Shift-On-Fly four-wheel-drive system with mechanical locking differentials as standard.
Thoughts About The Mahindra Thar Bookings Crossing 6,500 Units In December 2020
The all-new Thar has become one among the successful four-wheeler model sold in the Indian market. The updated SUV is well-received by off-road enthusiast and the general public. The added convenience of having an optional automatic has become the key factor for SUV's success in the market.