- 1 hr ago MG Astor First Look Review — The Most Advanced MG Yet Is Quite Impressive
- 15 hrs ago Volkswagen Polo And Vento Waiting Period Reach 5 Months; Bookings On Some Variants Stopped
- 18 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Will Receive A New Fuel Pump; Plans For A Recall & Replacements To Be Made Free Of Cost
- 21 hrs ago Ola Electric Scooter Portal To Open On November 1. Pre-Bookings Open
- Lifestyle Ananya Panday Is Here To Set The Gram On Fire Yet Again With Her Brown Bralette
- Technology Week 38, 2021 Launch Roundup: Apple iPhone 13 Pro, 13 Pro Max, iPhone 13, 13 Mini, Realme C25Y, And More
- Sports IPL 2021: Lasith Malinga recalls time with four-time champions Mumbai Indians
- News Rahul Gandhi takes dig at govt over record COVID-19 vaccinations
- Finance How To Buy Silver In India? Different Investing Options In Silver
- Movies Mohit Raina Spills The Beans About His Role In Shiddat; 'Hoping People Will Love It'
- Education REET Admit Card 2021 Released, Download At reetbser21.com
- Travel 8 Appealing Winter Holiday Destinations In India
The new Mahindra Thar was expected to be a runaway success and it has done just that in style with 50,000+ bookings in just 6 months. The SUV has taken the market by storm with its bold design, feature-packed interiors and powerful engine options and has now crossed this new milestone.
The previous-generation Mahindra Thar was a game-changer for the brand as it further strengthened Mahindra's roots and spread an aura of adventure throughout its product portfolio. For most people, the old Thar was more of a blank canvas than a complete painting. It was a vehicle that welcomed customization so that it could be the reflection of the user's personality.
However, with changing times consumer trends changed and it was evident from the sales numbers themselves. Also, the Mahindra Thar needed a revamp. To cope up with the new consumer trends and to breathe fresh life into the Thar, Mahindra began working on the next-generation.
The news of the new Thar spread like wildfire amongst enthusiasts, but Mahindra took their own sweet time in unveiling the new Mahindra Thar to the public. Finally, Mahindra launched the new-generation Thar towards the end of 2020. It impressed people from all backgrounds and had enthusiasts scampering to own one.
Within a span of just six months, the Mahindra Thar has racked up 50,000 bookings and that is fabulous performance for a lifestyle off-roader in a country filled with hatchbacks and entry-level sedans.
The new Mahindra Thar is available with a choice of one petrol and one diesel engine. The 2.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine produces 150bhp and 320Nm of torque, while the 2.2-litre diesel engine produces an identical torque output with a slightly lower peak power of 130bhp. A 6-speed manual transmission is available across the range as standard, while there is a 6-speed automatic transmission also on offer with both petrol and diesel engines.
The new Mahindra Thar gets independent front suspension and multi-link suspension at the rear, which vastly improves the on-road manners over its predecessor. It also has shift-on-the-fly 4X4, a mechanical locking differential, brake locking differential and electromechanical driveline disconnect to suit the demands during off-roading.
Thoughts On The New Mahindra Thar Crossing 50,000+ Bookings Milestone
It isn't surprising to see the Mahindra Thar completing 50,000+ bookings within 6-months. Overall, the new Mahindra Thar has become a more mature, sophisticated, and well-rounded package that appeals to a wider audience without losing an ounce of its soul in the process.