- 1 hr ago MG Astor First Look Review — The Most Advanced MG Yet Is Quite Impressive
- 16 hrs ago Volkswagen Polo And Vento Waiting Period Reach 5 Months; Bookings On Some Variants Stopped
- 19 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Will Receive A New Fuel Pump; Plans For A Recall & Replacements To Be Made Free Of Cost
- 22 hrs ago Ola Electric Scooter Portal To Open On November 1. Pre-Bookings Open
- News RBI decision to allow NBFCs apply for Aadhaar-e-KYC Authentication Licence to promote digitisation
- Sports IPL 2021: Gill, Rana are about to shock the world, says KKR chief mentor Hussey
- Lifestyle Ananya Panday Is Here To Set The Gram On Fire Yet Again With Her Brown Bralette
- Technology Week 38, 2021 Launch Roundup: Apple iPhone 13 Pro, 13 Pro Max, iPhone 13, 13 Mini, Realme C25Y, And More
- Finance How To Buy Silver In India? Different Investing Options In Silver
- Movies Mohit Raina Spills The Beans About His Role In Shiddat; 'Hoping People Will Love It'
- Education REET Admit Card 2021 Released, Download At reetbser21.com
- Travel 8 Appealing Winter Holiday Destinations In India
Mahindra launched the new-generation Thar in October 2020. The new off-road SUV has been well-received in the country. At the time of launch, there were speculations about the company launching the 5-door version of the Thar SUV.
Images are for representation purpose only.
The news quickly died down to the 3-door version's huge success in the Indian market. However, the rumours of the 5-door Thar SUV are back with a recent report from TeamBHP. According to the report, Mahindra could soon start testing the 5-door version of the Thar SUV.
The report also suggests that the 5-door Thar SUV could use the Bolero body for testing. The company could dupe the 5-door Thar test mules as the Bolero to keep a lowkey on the upcoming product offering. It will also not affect the ongoing demand for the 3-door version of the Thar SUV.
The advantages of having two additional doors are important for the Indian market. This enhances the practicality of the off-road SUV with easy ingress and egress to the second-row seating. It could also result in a bigger and practical boot of the SUV.
However, due to the 5-door layout, the Thar SUV could be permanently sold as a hardtop. These are just speculation and rumours that have surfaced in recent times. Mahindra is yet to confirm the developments of the 5-door version of the Thar.
Apart from the additional doors and a roomier cabin on the 5-door Thar SUV, the rest of the features, design and powertrain options are expected to remain the same as the 3-door SUV.
The new-gen Thar is offered in petrol and diesel engine options. This 2.0-litre T-GDi mStallion turbo-petrol engine produces a maximum of 150bhp and a peak torque of 320Nm. While the 2.2-litre mHawk diesel unit dishes out 130bhp and 300Nm of torque.
Engines come mated to either a six-speed manual or a six-speed torque-converter automatic transmission. All varaints come equipped with Shift-On-Fly four-wheel-drive system with mechanical locking differentials as standard.
Due to the practical application of the 5-door Thar SUV, it is expected to be offered in the top-specs LX variant. It is also expected to be fully loaded with all features. This includes a seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system, steering-mounted controls, cruise control,semi-digital instrument cluster, and roof-mounted speakers; among others.
Thoughts About The Mahindra Thar 5-Door Testing Expected To Begin Soon In India
The new-generation Mahindra Thar has become a sensational hit in the Indian market. The SUV has already garnered 50,000 bookings since its launch. However, the company could launch the 5-door version of the off-road SUV to take on the other mid-size SUVs available in the market.
If launched, the Mahindra Thar 5-door SUV will rival the upcoming Maruti Suzuki Jimny 5-door SUV that is also rumoured to launch in India.