- 9 hrs ago Volvo India Introduces Subscription Plans — Here’s How You Can Subscribe To A Volvo Car In India
- 14 hrs ago Dubai Police Gets The New Toyota Land Cruiser LC300 — Rugged Workhorse Added To Exotic Fleet
- 16 hrs ago 2021 Duster Facelift Revealed: Will Renault Bring The New Duster To India?
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Car Prices Increase — Company’s Third Price Hike Of 2021 Coming Soon
- Technology Amazon Gaming Gadgets Sale: Discount Offer On Gaming Devices
- Sports Euro 2020: Slovakia vs Spain: Statistical Highlights: Enrique's side notch thumping 5-0 win to enter knockouts
- News PM Modi's meeting with Jammu and Kashmir leaders: Kashmir Valley on alert | Top Developments
- Movies Kareena Kapoor Khan And Taimur Have A Mid-Week Movie Night With A Special Treat!
- Finance FMCG Companies Log Sales Growth After Unlock 2.0:
- Education Lucknow University To Offer Course In Philosophical Counselling
- Lifestyle Jyeshtha Purnima 2021: Muhurat, Rituals And Significance Of This Day
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu and Kashmir In July
In its latest annual Analyst Meet for 2021, Mahindra announced that the Thar 5-door version of the SUV will be launching in 2023. At the time of the new-gen Thar launch last year, there were speculations about the company launching the 5-door version of the Thar SUV.
The news quickly died down due to the 3-door SUV's success in the Indian market. However, the 5-door version of the Thar has now been greenlit by Mahindra. No further details of the upcoming Thar 5-door were revealed by the company.
The Thar 5-door version is expected to carry the design, features and platform from the current 3-door version of the SUV. Due to the 5-door layout, the Thar SUV could be permanently sold as a hardtop.
The advantages of having two additional doors are important for the Indian market. This enhances the practicality of the off-road SUV with easy ingress and egress to the second-row seating. It could also result in a bigger and practical boot of the SUV.
The powertrain options on the Thar 5-door is expected to remain the same as the current 3-door SUV. This includes both the 2.0-litre T-GDi mStallion turbo-petrol engine and the 2.2-litre mHawk diesel unit.
The turbo-petrol engine produces a maximum of 150bhp and a peak torque of 320Nm. While the diesel unit dishes out 130bhp and 300Nm of torque.
Both engines come mated to either a six-speed manual or a six-speed torque-converter automatic transmission. All varaints come equipped with Shift-On-Fly four-wheel-drive system with mechanical locking differentials as standard.
A recent media report also states that the company will soon begin testing the Thar 5-door version in India. However, the testing of the Thar 5-door could be done using the Bolero to keep a lowkey on the upcoming product offering.
Mahindra also announced that along with the Thar 5-door, it will be launching a total of nine SUVs in the Indian market by 2026 — here are all details.
Mahindra Thar 3-Door Bookings
The Mahindra Thar has achieved yet another milestone for the brand. The off-road SUV has received over 55,000 bookings since its launch last year in the Indian market. The company has received an amazing response for the off-road SUV.
According to the company, nearly 47 per cent of the total bookings belong to the automatic variants of the Thar. This translates to around 25,000 customers choosing the automatic transmission over the manual gearbox.
The company also announced that, as a result of the overwhelming response, there is a waiting period ranging between 5 and 7 months on the all-new Thar. However, due to the ongoing Covid-19 lockdown restrictions, the waiting period has gone up by almost 10 months now.
The new-generation Thar off-road SUV was launched back in October last year. It is currently offered in two variants: AX and LX. The new Thar now retails between Rs 12.11 lakh and Rs 14.16 lakh, (ex-showroom, Delhi).
Thoughts About The Mahindra Thar 5-Door India Launch & 3-Door SUV Bookings Crossing 55,000 Units Mark
The Mahindra Ther 5-door will cater to buyers looking for a more partial off-road SUV. The 5-door version will be an excellent addition to Thar's line-up, which can attract more sales for the brand. Speaking of which, the 3-door version achieves another milestone for Mahindra.