- 4 hrs ago Top 3 Tata Punch Alternatives
- 14 hrs ago Citroen C3: Few Things You Should Know
- 16 hrs ago Tata Punch Launched: Prices Start From Rs 5.49 Lakh
- 1 day ago New Ducati Multistrada V2 And V2 S Revealed
- Technology Flipkart Big Diwali Sale 2021 Discount Offers: Ultimate Place To Buy Best Selling Smartphones
- Movies Aha To Premiere Shekar Kammula’s Record-Breaking Super Hit - Love Story Starring Naga Chaitanya, Sai Pallavi
- News Rain fury sweeps through India: 27 dead in Kerala, 5 in Uttarakhand; several other states affected
- Sports T20 World Cup: India vs England Warm-Up Game, Highlights: Rahul, Kishan shine as India notch up 7-wicket win
- Education CBSE Term I Date Sheet 2021 Update: CBSE Class 10 And 12 Term I Date Sheet Released On CBSE.Gov.In Site
- Lifestyle Headphones, AirPods And Cancer: Is There A Link?
- Finance 4 Big Ipos Lined Up To Open For Public Subscription Soon
- Travel International Travel News: US To Ease Travel Curbs For Fully Vaccinated Foreigners From November 8
Mahindra has silently introduced a new base variant to its Scorpio SUV in the Indian market. The new Mahindra Scorpio variant comes in the form of S3+ trim, positioned below the previous entry-level trim, the S5.
The new Mahindra Scorpio S3+ variant is priced at Rs 11.99 lakh, which is Rs 68,000 more affordable than the S5 trim priced at Rs 12.67 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi). Bookings for the new trim can be made either online or via any of the brand's dealership across India. Deliveries for the same are expected to start shortly.
The S3 trim on the Scorpio was previously discontinued, during the SUV's transition to BS6. However, the variant has now been brought back, offering the SUV at a more affordable starting price.
The new Scorpio S3+ carries forward most of the features and equipment available on the S5 trim. However, the new entry-level trim does miss out on a couple of them, including a side-step, speed-sensing door lock, vinyl seat upholstery and unpainted body cladding on the front and rear bumpers.
The Scorpio S3+ does continue to offer equipment such as a set of 17-inch steel wheels, manual central locking, tilt adjust steering, manual HVAC, engine start/stop and rear parking sensors. Mahindra will be offering the new Scorpio S3+ with either a 7 or 9-seater configuration. The SUV will come with side-facing bench seats on the last row.
The new entry-level trim of the Mahindra Scorpio will come powered by the same 2.2-litre mHawk diesel engine. However, similar to the lower-spec trims, the S3+ will come with a de-tuned version producing 120bhp and 280Nm of peak torque. It will come mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox, powering the rear wheels.
The new Mahindra Scorpio S3+ variant continues to be offered in the same four paint schemes as the S5. This includes Diamond White, Dsat Silver, Molten Red Rage & Napoli Black.
Thoughts On The New Mahindra Scorpio S3+ Variant Launch
The new Mahindra Scorpio S3+ variant now comes as a more affordable option in the model's lineup. The Scorpio is one of the most popular SUVs in the Indian market, bringing in consistent sales month-on-month. Mahindra will be hoping that the inclusion of the more affordable variant, will help improve sales even further.