- 29 min ago Toyota Retains World’s Largest Car Manufacturer Title For 2021: Over 10.5 Million Units Sold
- 56 min ago Tata Safari Top Trim Feature Update: Receives Ventilated Front & Second Row Seats
- 2 hrs ago Cyborg GT 120 Electric Sports Bike Revealed — 180km Range & 125Km/h Top Speed
- 3 hrs ago BYD e6 Deliveries Begin In India: Electric MPV Ready To Hit The Streets In Six Cities
- News SBI withdraws controversial circular on pregnant women candidates
- Sports Tata Open Maharashtra 2022: Prajnesh, Arjun handed wildcard entries to main draw
- Movies Naagin 6: Adaa Khan Is All Set To Play Naagin Again In The Ekta Kapoor Show; Hints About Show’s Premiere Date
- Finance Budget Top Picks: 10 Stocks To Buy For Medium-Term: ICICI Securities
- Technology Micromax In Note 2 Vs Realme 9i: Is Indian Better Than Chinese Rival?
- Lifestyle Minnie Mouse Takes To Power Dressing; Disney Character To Wear Blue Pantsuit Instead Of Red Polka-Dot Dress
- Education UPTET 2021 Answer Key Released: Check How To Download, Raise Objections Till February 1
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Puducherry In Winter Of 2022
Mahinda & Mahindra Group recently announced its efforts to help the nation during the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. At the helm of the recent relief measures announced by the group is Anand Mahindra himself.
The company has announced a new initiative called 'Oxygen On Wheels', which is aimed at helping fill the huge demand for Medical Oxygen in the State of Maharastra. Mahindra Group will be using a big line-up of Bolero commercial trucks filled with jumbo oxygen cylinders.
These trucks will be controlled via an operation control centre that will form a bridge between hospitals and oxygen prodcution centres in the state. This move will ensure the timely delivery of oxygen to hospitals and overcome current logistical challenges in the transportation of medical oxygen.
Announcing the news on his Twitter handle Mr Anand Mahindra, Chairman, Mahindra & Mahindra Group, said, "Today, Oxygen is the key to reducing mortality. The problem is not of oxygen production but its transportation from producing plants to hospitals & homes. We're attempting to bridge this gap with "Oxygen on Wheels" a project implemented via Mahindra Logistics."
He further added, "The 'Oxygen on Wheels' uses trucks in local shuttle routes to connect oxygen producers with hospitals/homes. An operations control Centre has been established. The storage location is replenished from the local refilling plant. A direct-to-consumer model is being conceived."
Explaining the commitment to the initiative, Mr Mahindra further added, "I made a commitment to the Chief Minister of Maharashtra on Tuesday. Within just 48 hours of committing, the Mahindra Logistics team launched the program in Pune & Chakan with 20 Boleros. 61 Jumbo cylinders have already been delivered to 13 hospitals in urgent need. I'm deeply grateful to the team."
He further added, "The rollout plan includes Mumbai, Thane, Nashik, Nagpur going live with another 50-75 Bolero pickups on the road in the next 48 hours. We have started in Maharashtra but will expand this through the country relying on the support of our trusted dealership network & the assistance of local administrations to succeed."
Joining the company's efforts is also the Tech Mahindra group. The company has turned its Cafeteria at its Noida facility, into a 40-bed Covid-19 facility. Tech Mahindra has partnered with Fortis to set up beds at the Nodia office.
Thoughts About The Mahindra 'Oxygen On Wheels' Initiative Launched To Fight Ongoing Covid-19 Pandemic
The company aims to overcome the current logistical challenges in the supply of medical oxygen with the new initiative. Mahindra Group has been an active participant to help the Covid9 pandemic in the country with various relief measures. The company continues its support during the second wave of the Covid-19 virus spread in the country.