- 13 hrs ago Hero MotoCorp To Resume Operations From May 17 In A Staggered Manner In The Country
- 14 hrs ago Rs 18,100 Crore Production Linked Incentive Scheme For ACC Batteries Approved
- 14 hrs ago Yamaha R7 Images Leaked Ahead Of Launch: Global Reveal On 18 May
- 14 hrs ago 2021 Kia Sonet & Seltos Deliveries Started Across India: Waiting Periods Set To Increase
- Sports Juventus 3-2 Inter: Cuadrado scores twice as Bianconeri keep top-four hopes alive
- News Covid-19 vaccine: India to have 51.6 crore doses by July, says Harsh Vardhan
- Movies Dhanush's D43: Here Is An Exciting Update On The Karthick Naren Directorial!
- Finance This Third QSR Entity Files For Rs. 1400 Crore IPO
- Education IIIT-Delhi Announces Season 5 Of The Summer Camp For Government School Students
- Lifestyle Akshaya Patra Starts COVID-19 Relief Feeding Centre In Bengaluru, Home Minister of Karnataka Launches the Prog
- Technology Oppo Find X3 Pro Mars Exploration Edition With 65W Charging Launched: Coming To India?
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In May
Mahinda & Mahindra Group recently announced its efforts to help the nation during the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. At the helm of the recent relief measures announced by the group is Anand Mahindra himself.
The company has announced a new initiative called ‘Oxygen On Wheels', which is aimed at helping fill the huge demand for Medical Oxygen in the State of Maharastra. Mahindra Group will be using a big line-up of Bolero commercial trucks filled with jumbo oxygen cylinders.
These trucks will be controlled via an operation control centre that will form a bridge between hospitals and oxygen prodcution centres in the state. This move will ensure the timely delivery of oxygen to hospitals and overcome current logistical challenges in the transportation of medical oxygen.
Announcing the news on his Twitter handle Mr Anand Mahindra, Chairman, Mahindra & Mahindra Group, said, "Today, Oxygen is the key to reducing mortality. The problem is not of oxygen production but its transportation from producing plants to hospitals & homes. We're attempting to bridge this gap with "Oxygen on Wheels" a project implemented via Mahindra Logistics."
He further added, "The ‘Oxygen on Wheels' uses trucks in local shuttle routes to connect oxygen producers with hospitals/homes. An operations control Centre has been established. The storage location is replenished from the local refilling plant. A direct-to-consumer model is being conceived."
Explaining the commitment to the initiative, Mr Mahindra further added, "I made a commitment to the Chief Minister of Maharashtra on Tuesday. Within just 48 hours of committing, the Mahindra Logistics team launched the program in Pune & Chakan with 20 Boleros. 61 Jumbo cylinders have already been delivered to 13 hospitals in urgent need. I'm deeply grateful to the team."
He further added, "The rollout plan includes Mumbai, Thane, Nashik, Nagpur going live with another 50-75 Bolero pickups on the road in the next 48 hours. We have started in Maharashtra but will expand this through the country relying on the support of our trusted dealership network & the assistance of local administrations to succeed."
Joining the company's efforts is also the Tech Mahindra group. The company has turned its Cafeteria at its Noida facility, into a 40-bed Covid-19 facility. Tech Mahindra has partnered with Fortis to set up beds at the Nodia office.
Thoughts About The Mahindra ‘Oxygen On Wheels' Initiative Launched To Fight Ongoing Covid-19 Pandemic
The company aims to overcome the current logistical challenges in the supply of medical oxygen with the new initiative. Mahindra Group has been an active participant to help the Covid9 pandemic in the country with various relief measures. The company continues its support during the second wave of the Covid-19 virus spread in the country.