- 1 hr ago Isuzu MU-X BS6 Launched In India With New Powertrain: Prices Start At Rs 33.23 Lakh
- 1 hr ago Suzuki Burgman Street Electric Scooter Spied Testing Once Again: Here Are All The Details!
- 1 hr ago Isuzu D-Max V-Cross & Hi-Lander BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.98 Lakh
- 3 hrs ago Tata Nexon & Altroz Prices Increased Across Variants: Here Are The New Prices!
- Sports Babar Azam, Alyssa Healy voted ICC players of the month
- Finance JSPL Makes Prepayment To Lenders, Plans To Be Net Debt Free: Shares Hit 52-Week High
- Movies Seth Rogen Has No Plans Of Working With James Franco Post Sexual Misconduct Allegations
- News Lockdown-like restrictions in Karnataka kick in; Policemen wielding lathis on violators in Bengaluru
- Technology What Is Airtel's Superhero Program And How To Access It
- Lifestyle On 2 Years Of Student Of The Year 2, Fashion Lessons From Ananya Panday And Tara Sutaria From The Film
- Education Mera Doordarshan Mera Vidyalaya: DD Bihar Begins Virtual Classes For Students
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
The Mahindra Marazzo has been spotted testing in the country. The company is expected to introduce a couple of new powertrain options in the MPV's line-up. This includes a new turbo-petrol unit or an automatic transmission option.
The latest set of spy images from Gaadiwaadi, reveal an undisguised mule of the Marazzo MPV carrying out latest rounds of testing. The test mule could be either testing a new petrol engine that is expected to be introduced sometime later this year.
Mahindra had showcased the upcoming BS6 powertrain at the 2020 Auto Expo ahead of its debut. The new 1.5-litre ‘G15' turbo petrol engine is expected to make its India debut on the Marazzo MPV.
The 1.5-litre turbo-petrol unit is expected to produce 162bhp and 280 Nm of torque. The engine is likely to come mated to a six-speed manual gearbox, with an optional automatic transmission offered at a later date.
This particular engine is expected to make its debut on the Marazzo MPV this year. It is also expected to power a host of models including the upcoming SUVs and MPVs from the brand. This particular engine is already being offered in international markets powering the SsangYong Korando SUV.
Alternatively, the test mule could be testing the new automatic transmission that also expected to be introduced on the Marazzo later this year. The automatic gearbox on the MPV could be a six-speed torque converter unit, as seen on the all-new Thar.
Once launched, the Mahindra Marazzo automatic variant will be an all-new offering for the segment. Currently, there are no MPVs with an automatic transmission option, which are priced within 20 lakhs and have three-row seating with ample boot space.
Due to the rise in demand for automatic transmission in the country, Mahindra is could introduce the new gearbox soon on the MPV. The new gearbox could make its debut with the new turbo-petrol engine.
Currently, the Mahindra Marazzo MPV comes powered by a BS6-compliant 1.5-litre diesel engine. It produces a maximum of 121bhp and a peak torque of 300Nm. The engine comes mated to a six-speed manual gearbox as standard.
Thoughts About The Mahindra Marazzo Petrol Variant Spied Testing Ahead Of India Launch
The Mahindra Marazzo is a popular MPV model from the brand. However, the MPV is offered with a single engine and transmission option in the country. As a result, Mahindra is expected to introduce a new turbo-petrol engine option and an automatic gearbox, both of which are in-line with the current market trend and demand.