- 14 hrs ago Ola Introduces Electric Vehicle Taxi Rides In London
- 16 hrs ago 2021 Mercedes-Maybach S680 Revealed: Epitome Of Luxury & V12 Power
- 20 hrs ago Datsun Cars Offers & Discount For May 2021: Up To Rs 40,000 Benefits Across Models
- 1 day ago Hero MotoCorp To Resume Operations From May 17 In A Staggered Manner In The Country
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In May
- News Oxygen concentrator hoarding: Absconding Businessman Navneet Kalra arrested
- Movies Amitabh Bachchan Gets The Second Dose Of COVID-19 Vaccine; Shares The News On Social Media
- Sports West Brom 1-2 Liverpool: Alisson keeps Reds' Champions League hopes alive
- Finance 10 Top Gainers And Losers In Last 7 Trading Sessions Of Nifty
- Technology How To Update GB WhatsApp On Your Android Smartphones?
- Education Industry Leaders Cobble Up COVID Widows Initiative To Help Women Who Lost Their Partners To Pandemic
- Lifestyle On Vicky Kaushal’s Birthday, His Super-Cool Hairstyles From Masaan, Manmarziyaan And Sanju
The much-awaited Mahindra Marazzo automatic variant is expected to go on sale soon in the Indian market. The MPV is currently placed between the Maruti Suzuki's Ertiga and the premium Toyota Innova Crysta.
According to the latest report from Autocar India, Mahindra is expected to launch the Marazzo automatic in the coming weeks. The automatic gearbox in question will be a six-speed AMT mated to the same 1.5-litre diesel engine.
There were speculations about a torque converter unit from the Thar. However, it seems like the company could have opted for an AMT gearbox option to make it affordable along with enhanced fuel efficiency figures over the torque converter.
The diesel-automatic version of the MPV has also been spotted several times testing in the country ahead of its launch. The report also suggests that the automatic MPV will be available in three trim options: M2, M4+ and M6+. All of the features on the respective trims will be carried over from their manual counterpart.
Currently, the Mahindra Marazzo MPV comes powered by a BS6-compliant 1.5-litre diesel engine. It produces a maximum of 121bhp and a peak torque of 300Nm. The engine comes mated to a six-speed manual gearbox as standard. The same power and torque figures are expected to be carried forward on the automatic variant.
Some of the highlighted features of the Marazzo MPV include LED headlamps with integrated LED DRLs, LED taillights, front and rear fog lamps, shark fin antenna, 17-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels, rearview parking camera with adaptive guidelines and more.
The MPV also features a seven-inch infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, automatic climate control, rear AC vents, follow-me-home headlamps, cruise control, ABS with EBD, traction control and a host of others as well. Mahindra Marazzo has also been awarded a four-star safety rating from the Global NCAP.
The MPV is also expected to receive a new engine update as well along with the current diesel engine. It will be an all-new 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine, which will make its debut on the Marazzo MPV. The new engine is derived from the SsangYong Korando. It produces 162bhp and 280Nm of torque.
The turbo-petrol engine is expected to be offered with both manual and automatic transmission options. The company is yet to confirm the launch timeline of the turbo-petrol engine on the Marazzo MPV.
Thoughts About The Mahindra Marazzo Automatic Launching Soon In India
Mahindra will be launching a slew of new vehicles in the Indian market. Due to the growing demand for practical vehicles with automatic transmission options, the company is looking to increase sales of the MPV with a new automatic variant launching in the Indian market.