- 3 min ago Okinawa Partners With Welectric To Supply Electric Two-Wheelers For Last-Mile Delivery: Read More!
- 2 hrs ago Volkswagen Polo TSI Comfortline Variants Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.41 Lakh
- 2 hrs ago Upcoming Yamaha FZ-X Specs Leaked: Here Is Everything You Need To Know About The Motorcycle!
- 3 hrs ago Hyundai Aura Updated In India: New Prices & Features
- Lifestyle Jennifer Winget Raises The Oomph Factor In A Grey Dress But Her Chunky Golden Neck Piece Steals The Spotlight
- News Popular Tamil actor Vivekh hospitalised
- Finance Ashoka Buildcon Surges On Winning Gujarat Rail Infrastructure Project
- Movies Anushka Sharma Shares Some Priceless Moments From Last Year With Virat Kohli, See Video
- Sports IPL 2021: How golf swing helped Chris Morris in his big-hitting prowess
- Technology Moto G60, Moto G40 Fusion To Be Flipkart-Exclusives; India Launch Officially Confirmed
- Education Bihar Police Result 2021: CSBC Releases Home Guards And Driver Constable Result
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Goa In April
The Mahindra eKUV100 has been in the pipeline for a long time. The EV was first showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo. However, eKUV100's launch has been delayed owing to various reasons. The EV was spotted recently conducting its latest rounds of testing ahead of launch.
The Mahindra eKUV100 has been spotted testing in Bangalore wearing a partial camouflage. The test mule of the upcoming EV was covered on the grille and the rear badging. Further confirming the test mule to be EV is the front charging port placed on the left side fender.
Also, the test mule seems to be of a lower-variant with steel wheels and the absence of fog lamps at the front. The rest of the EV's exterior design remains similar to its gasoline-powered counterpart. The SUV is also expected to feature several blue accents to indicate the electric powertrain under the bonnet.
Speaking about the eKUV100, the electric-SUV is priced at Rs 8.25 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). This makes the eKUV100 one of the most affordable electric vehicles available in the Indian market. Once launched, the eKUV100 is expected to be the cheapest eSUV sold in the Indian market.
The company also announced that initially, eKUV100 will be available for fleet operators. However, the SUV will also be offered to private buyers looking to switch to green mobility in the country.
The Mahindra eKUV100 will be powered by a 40kW electric motor paired to a 15.9kWh lithium-ion battery pack. The eclectic powertrain produces a maximum of 53bhp and a peak torque of 120Nm. The eKUV100 can travel a maximum of 120 kilometres on a single battery charge.
Mahindra will be offering the eKUV100 with both standard and fast-charging options. The charge times of the eKUV100 is yet to be revealed by the company. However, using a DC fast charger the SUV is expected to charge up to 80 per cent within an hour.
On the Inside, the Mahindra eKUV100 will feature a similar cabin layout that is seen on its gasoline-powered models. This includes the same dashboard-mounted gear selector, multifunction steering wheel with mounted controls and climate controls.
However, the eKUV100 could feature a larger touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. The digital instrument cluster will also be updated to provide more relevant data related to electric vehicle use. This includes the range, battery temperature, electric motor speed and more.
Thoughts About The Mahindra eKUV100 Spied Testing In Bangalore Ahead Of Launch
With rising prices of petrol and diesel fuel, Indian auto buyers are opting for an electric powertrain. As a result, Mahindra eKUV100 is one of the most-awaited launches in the Indian market. The Mahindra eKUV100 is an important model in the EV space as it unlocks the affordability factor for aspirated EV buyers in the country.