- 58 min ago Yamaha R3 BS6 India Launch Expected Soon: Could Come With New Design & Features
- 2 hrs ago Pure EV Electic Scooter Warranty Extended For Battery, Motor & Controller: Here Are All The Details
- 4 hrs ago Hyundai Ioniq 5 Electric Vehicle Displayed In India; India Launch Likely If Import Duty Is Reduced
- 5 hrs ago Toyota Hybrid Battery Warranty Extended: Toyota Camry & Vellfire Get 8 Years Battery Warranty
- News Cloudburst in Jammu and Kashmir: Amit Shah speaks to Lieutenant Governor to take stock of situation
- Sports India vs Sri Lanka 2nd T20I: Padikkal, Gaikwad, Rana, Sakariya debut as SL invite Dhawan to bat first
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A52s Geekbench Listing Reveals Key Specs; Here's The Expected Price
- Education Government Likely To Offer OBC, EWS Reservation In AIQ For Medical Colleges Admissions
- Finance Rakesh Jhunjhunwala To Start New Airline; Starting With 70 Planes
- Lifestyle Friendship Day 2021: Things Only Best Friends Can Relate To
- Movies Swara Bhasker's Next Is A Murder Mystery Titled Mimamsa
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
Mahindra teases the Bolero Neo ahead of its launch in India. The upcoming Bolero Neo will another compact SUV offering, which is essentially a TUV300. However, Mahindra has renamed the SUV to Bolero Neo for the BS6 era.
Speaking about the teaser videos, the upcoming SUV is shown in glimpses along with the new features. Also, there is a form, which interested buyers can use to get a launch reminder for the Bolero Neo.
As mentioned earlier, the Bolero Neo is the TUV300 in BS6 format with a couple of changes to make it look like its elder sibling. This includes an updated headlamp design with integrated (DRLs) Daytime Running Lights and a six-slat chrome grille.
Other exterior changes
- New bumpers and fog lamp design
- Dual-tone Alloy wheels
- No roof rails
However, the SUV continues to feature a tail-gate mounted spare tyre now with a Bolero Neo badging. As a result, not many changes are expected to be made to the rear of the SUV. The overall boxy silhouette and upright stance of the TUV300 have been carried forward on the Bolero Neo.
Interior & Safety Updates
From the video teaser, a few of Bolero Neo's interior features have been revealed. This includes the texture seat upholstery, the headrest for second-row seats, a blacked-out steering wheel and the semi-digital instrument cluster.
However, more changes are expected to be revealed at the time of launch. This includes:
- Updated infotainment system
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Climate control
- Rear sensors & parking camera
- Rear AC vents
- Mobile charging sockets
Regarding safety, the Bolero Neo is expected to feature an improved package over the TUV300. This includes driver and co-driver airbag, ABS with EBD and ISOFIX mounts offered as standard across variants.
Engine & Transmission
The SUV will come with a BS6-compliant 1.5-litre mHawk diesel engine; paired to a 5-speed manual gearbox. The company could also offer an optional five-speed AMT. However, a petrol engine is unlikely to make it to the SUV.
1.5-litre diesel engine
- Max power: 100bhp
- Peak torque: 240Nm
Thoughts About The Mahindra Bolero Neo India Launch Teased
With the website listing and a series of teaser videos, the Mahindra Bolero Neo's India launch looks imminent. The company is looking to bank on the successful Bolero name to drive more sales to the upcoming compact SUV. It will rival the Mahindra XUV300, Hyundai Venue, Kia Sonet and the Tata Nexon; among others in India.