- News Why such anger against Kashmiris for celebrating Pakistan's win: Mehbooba Mufti
- Sports Inclusion of two new IPL teams will bring more domestic cricketers from our country to global stage: Ganguly
- Movies Salman Khan-Starrer Antim: The Final Truth's Trailer Is Out
- Education Punjab MARKFED Admit Card 2021 Released, Here’s How To Download
- Finance Bharti Airtel Confirms Accepting 4-Year Moratorium On Spectrum
- Technology Apple iPhone 13 Review From A Long-Term Android User: Should You Make The Switch?
- Travel Nagaland's Best Winter Destinations
- Lifestyle All You Need To Know About Mosquirix, The First Vaccine For Malaria Approved By The WHO
Lexus recently tested their LC Convertible inside an industrial deep freezer by exposing their convertible to a brain freezing 18֠ C below zero. What Lexus has done with their rigorous testing shows the world once again how cars made by the brand are built to take on the toughest of conditions without breaking into pieces.
The test was conducted inside a large climatic chamber measuring almost 4.68 lakh litres. This large climatic chamber is located at the Millbrook Proving Ground in the UK and it is regularly used to test the endurance of defence equipment and vehicles.
The chamber can replicate temperatures ranging from -60֠C to 85֠C. However, for this test Lexus chose to stick with -18֠ C, which is cold enough to turn rubber into a solid piece-destroying its elastic properties.
For this test, engineers at Lexus kept the roof down and sprayed a layer of Water before freezing the car for 12-hours. This process formed a thin layer of ice all over the car, and putting the car's internals under a lot of stress, this includes the interiors as well as the mechanicals.
After 12-hours of exposure to -18֠ C temperature, professional stunt driver Paul Swift took the car to the proving grounds. The high-power drive around the test track with its challenging route filled with curves and climbs barely affected the Lexus.
He noted that the Lexus's 457bhp LC Convertible had no adverse effects post freezing, as all the gauges and controls immediately sprung back to life after the car was turned ON. He also noted that Lexus's Climate Concierge feature detected the inhospitable conditions of the cabin and responded to it by automatically heating the cabin.
Thoughts On The Lexus LC Convertible Being Subjected To Freeze Testing
This whole test can be likened to proving the existence of gravity to kids. The quality was always there with Lexus. All they did was ‘drop an apple' to prove it. Ludos to Lexus and its brilliant cars. This makes us wonder how many modern cars can survive such tests.