- 6 hrs ago Chevrolet Monsoon Camp Second-Phase To Begin Next Week In India: Here Are All The Details
- 7 hrs ago Tata Nexon EV Now On Sale In Nepal — Prices Start At NPR 35.99 Lakh
- 7 hrs ago Bajaj Chetak Bookings Reopen: High Demand For The Electric Scooter Continues In These Cities
- 8 hrs ago Ducati Opens New Showroom In Pune: Multistrada V4 Showcased For The First Time In India
- Technology List Of Best Smartphones Launched In July Month 2021
- Sports India vs Sri Lanka T20I Series 2021: Full List of Award Winners, Records and Statistics
- Movies Thittam Irandu Movie Review: Aishwarya Rajesh’s Convincing Performance Doesn’t Help This Whodunit Thriller
- News Assam government issues advisory; Urges residents to not travel to Mizoram
- Lifestyle International Tiger Day 2021: Perceptions Around Tiger And Leopard-Patterned Outfits
- Education NEP 2020: PM Modi Launches ‘AI For All’ Initiative, Aims To Train 1 Million Indians In A Year
- Finance 3 High-Rated Aggressive Hybrid Mutual Funds To Start SIP In 2021
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
Land Rover has launched the powerful Defender V8 globally. The new Land Rover Defender V8 puts out 518bhp making it the most powerful Defender ever to hit series production. The Defender V8 provides a unique combination of performance and capability, with bespoke chassis settings delivering new levels of driver engagement and agility both on and off-road.
David Hemming, Chief Product Engineer, Jaguar Land Rover stated, "The introduction of our V8 powertrain adds a new dimension of driving engagement and off-road capability to Defender. Fast and fun to drive, it represents the pinnacle of the Defender family and is as rewarding on the road as it is capable off it. We've also broadened the appeal of the entire Defender line-up with new derivatives, option packs and enhanced connectivity, so there really is a Defender for everyone."
On the inside, the Defender gets the state-of-the-art Pivi Pro touchscreen infotainment is now available with a range of desirable new features, including the option of a larger 11.4-inch touchscreen, wireless device charging with the integrated signal booster is now fitted as standard with the Comfort and Convenience Pack for improved convenience and call quality.
Iain Gray, Senior Manager, Powertrain Advanced Engineering, Jaguar Land Rover said, "The 5.0-litre V8 supercharged engine further enhances the unique character of the Defender. It sounds fantastic and delivers incredible performance - providing new levels of driver appeal. Our engineering focus has been to optimise powertrain calibration for Defender to deliver both responsive on-road performance and fine control off-road - all without compromising Defender's unstoppable all-terrain capability and wading ability."
Powering the Land Rover Defender is a 5.0-litre supercharged 'AJ' V8 engine that produces 518bhp of power, making it the most powerful Defender yet to reach series production. As far as performance goes, the V8 Defender can catapult from 0 to 100km/h in just 5.2 seconds and has a top speed of 240km/h in the short-wheelbase, three-door variant.
Thoughts About The Land Rover Defender V8
This is the most powerful Defender ever to hit series production. Sadly, there is no news about the new Defender V8 hitting the Indian Shores anytime soon, but we would definitely want it to be launched here in the near future.