- 33 min ago Okinawa Partners With Welectric To Supply Electric Two-Wheelers For Last-Mile Delivery: Read More!
- 2 hrs ago Volkswagen Polo TSI Comfortline Variants Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.41 Lakh
- 3 hrs ago Upcoming Yamaha FZ-X Specs Leaked: Here Is Everything You Need To Know About The Motorcycle!
- 3 hrs ago Hyundai Aura Updated In India: New Prices & Features
- Technology Airtel Plans To Upgrade 4G Network To Offer 5G Services In India
- Movies Anupamaa Spoiler Alert! Vanraj Lashes Out At Kavya For Revealing His Divorce Date To Shah Family
- News Karnataka CM Yediyurappa admitted to Ramaiah Memorial Hospital in Bengaluru
- Lifestyle Ajeeb Daastaans Promotions: Konkona Sensharma Beckons Us To Drape An Earthy Tone Saree And Stay At Home
- Sports IPL 2021: PBKS vs CSK: AR Rahman dedicates Lagaan, Rangeela songs to MS Dhoni, Suresh Raina
- Finance Ashoka Buildcon Surges On Winning Gujarat Rail Infrastructure Project
- Education Bihar Police Result 2021: CSBC Releases Home Guards And Driver Constable Result
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Goa In April
Land Rover has launched the powerful Defender V8 globally. The new Land Rover Defender V8 puts out 518bhp making it the most powerful Defender ever to hit series production. The Defender V8 provides a unique combination of performance and capability, with bespoke chassis settings delivering new levels of driver engagement and agility both on and off-road.
David Hemming, Chief Product Engineer, Jaguar Land Rover stated, "The introduction of our V8 powertrain adds a new dimension of driving engagement and off-road capability to Defender. Fast and fun to drive, it represents the pinnacle of the Defender family and is as rewarding on the road as it is capable off it. We've also broadened the appeal of the entire Defender line-up with new derivatives, option packs and enhanced connectivity, so there really is a Defender for everyone."
On the inside, the Defender gets the state-of-the-art Pivi Pro touchscreen infotainment is now available with a range of desirable new features, including the option of a larger 11.4-inch touchscreen, wireless device charging with the integrated signal booster is now fitted as standard with the Comfort and Convenience Pack for improved convenience and call quality.
Iain Gray, Senior Manager, Powertrain Advanced Engineering, Jaguar Land Rover said, "The 5.0-litre V8 supercharged engine further enhances the unique character of the Defender. It sounds fantastic and delivers incredible performance - providing new levels of driver appeal. Our engineering focus has been to optimise powertrain calibration for Defender to deliver both responsive on-road performance and fine control off-road - all without compromising Defender's unstoppable all-terrain capability and wading ability."
Powering the Land Rover Defender is a 5.0-litre supercharged 'AJ' V8 engine that produces 518bhp of power, making it the most powerful Defender yet to reach series production. As far as performance goes, the V8 Defender can catapult from 0 to 100km/h in just 5.2 seconds and has a top speed of 240km/h in the short-wheelbase, three-door variant.
Thoughts About The Land Rover Defender V8
This is the most powerful Defender ever to hit series production. Sadly, there is no news about the new Defender V8 hitting the Indian Shores anytime soon, but we would definitely want it to be launched here in the near future.