- 1 hr ago Volkswagen Polo TSI Comfortline Variants Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.41 Lakh
- 1 hr ago Upcoming Yamaha FZ-X Specs Leaked: Here Is Everything You Need To Know About The Motorcycle!
- 1 hr ago Hyundai Aura Updated In India: New Prices & Features
- 3 hrs ago Hero HF 100 Launched In India At Rs 49,400: The Most Affordable Bike From The Brand
- Finance OCI Card: Renewal Rules Of OCI Cards Relaxed
- Movies Karan Wahi Receives Death Threats For Commenting On Naga Babas Gathering At Kumbh Mela
- News Monsoon to be normal this season, says government
- Sports Rumour Has It: Barca and Madrid wary of Haaland price
- Technology Vi Pays Remaining Licence Fee To DoT After Show-Cause Notice
- Education ICSE, ISC Exam 2021: CISCE Reconsiders Class 10, 12 Board Exam Dates, Check Details
- Lifestyle Stunner! Nora Fatehi Makes A Strong Case For The Orange Hue With Her Bodycon Dress
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Goa In April
Land Rover has silently introduced their Defender SUV with a diesel-powered engine. The new Land Rover Defender diesel versions are available on both the 90 and 110 models in the country. Prices for the diesel-powered Land Rover Defender starts at Rs 94.36 lakh and goes up all the way to Rs 1.08 crore. All prices are ex-showroom (India).
The Land Rover Defender diesel is offered in a range of four variants: SE, HSE, X-Dynamic HSE & X. As mentioned above, all four variants will be available on both the three-door (90) and five-door (110) models of the SUV.
|Land Rover Defender||Price|
|90 SE||₹94.36 Lakh|
|90 HSE||₹98.37 Lakh|
|90 X-Dynamic HSE||₹101.57 Lakh|
|90 X||₹108.16 Lakh|
|110 SE||₹97.03 Lakh|
|110 HSE||₹101.04 Lakh|
|110 X-Dynamic HSE||₹104.24 Lakh|
|110 X||₹108.19 Lakh|
The diesel-powered variants of the Land Rover Defender look identical to their petrol-powered counterparts. All models carry forward the same features, equipment and design elements as before, without any significant changes.
This includes features such as LED headlamps with LED DRLs, LED taillights, heated and power-operated ORVMs, rain-sensing wipers, reverse parking camera, push-button start/stop, 12.3-inch fully-digital instrument cluster, 10-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, heads-up display and many more.
The diesel-powered Defender also features the brand's All-Terrain Response System with air suspension, cruise control, traction control, six airbags, hill-hold assist, wade sensors and driver monitoring system; among others.
The only change is the addition of the diesel engine. This comes in the form of a 3.0-litre four-cylinder turbocharged unit producing 298bhp at 4000rpm and 650Nm of peak torque between 1500 - 2500rpm. It is further mated to a standard eight-speed automatic transmission unit.
Land Rover also claims that the diesel version of the Defender 90 is capable of accelerating from 0 - 100km/h in 6.7 seconds. While the Defender 110 diesel variants complete a 0 - 100km/h in 7 seconds. Both the diesel-powered 90 and 110 models come with an electronically-limited top speed of 191km/h.
Thoughts On The Land Rover Defender Diesel-Powered Variants
The Land Rover Defender is now available in both petrol and diesel engines, expanding its customer range in the market. The new Defender though continues to rival the likes of the Mercedes-Benz G 350d and the Jeep Wrangler in the country.