- 14 hrs ago Chevrolet Monsoon Camp Second-Phase To Begin Next Week In India: Here Are All The Details
- 14 hrs ago Tata Nexon EV Now On Sale In Nepal — Prices Start At NPR 35.99 Lakh
- 15 hrs ago Bajaj Chetak Bookings Reopen: High Demand For The Electric Scooter Continues In These Cities
- 15 hrs ago Ducati Opens New Showroom In Pune: Multistrada V4 Showcased For The First Time In India
- News Alarm sounded as Delta variant contributes to 4th wave in Middle East
- Finance 2 Stocks To Buy With Upside Potential of 17%, Says ICICI Direct
- Lifestyle Fatima Sana Shaikh Slays It In Her Two Stunning Outfits; Which Look Did You Like More
- Sports Tokyo Olympics: Manu Bhaker, Rahi Sarnobat fail to enter 25M Pistol final
- Technology List Of Best Smartphones Launched In July Month 2021
- Movies Thittam Irandu Movie Review: Aishwarya Rajesh’s Convincing Performance Doesn’t Help This Whodunit Thriller
- Education NEP 2020: PM Modi Launches ‘AI For All’ Initiative, Aims To Train 1 Million Indians In A Year
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
Land Rover has silently introduced their Defender SUV with a diesel-powered engine. The new Land Rover Defender diesel versions are available on both the 90 and 110 models in the country. Prices for the diesel-powered Land Rover Defender starts at Rs 94.36 lakh and goes up all the way to Rs 1.08 crore. All prices are ex-showroom (India).
The Land Rover Defender diesel is offered in a range of four variants: SE, HSE, X-Dynamic HSE & X. As mentioned above, all four variants will be available on both the three-door (90) and five-door (110) models of the SUV.
|Land Rover Defender||Price|
|90 SE||₹94.36 Lakh|
|90 HSE||₹98.37 Lakh|
|90 X-Dynamic HSE||₹101.57 Lakh|
|90 X||₹108.16 Lakh|
|110 SE||₹97.03 Lakh|
|110 HSE||₹101.04 Lakh|
|110 X-Dynamic HSE||₹104.24 Lakh|
|110 X||₹108.19 Lakh|
The diesel-powered variants of the Land Rover Defender look identical to their petrol-powered counterparts. All models carry forward the same features, equipment and design elements as before, without any significant changes.
This includes features such as LED headlamps with LED DRLs, LED taillights, heated and power-operated ORVMs, rain-sensing wipers, reverse parking camera, push-button start/stop, 12.3-inch fully-digital instrument cluster, 10-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, heads-up display and many more.
The diesel-powered Defender also features the brand's All-Terrain Response System with air suspension, cruise control, traction control, six airbags, hill-hold assist, wade sensors and driver monitoring system; among others.
The only change is the addition of the diesel engine. This comes in the form of a 3.0-litre four-cylinder turbocharged unit producing 298bhp at 4000rpm and 650Nm of peak torque between 1500 - 2500rpm. It is further mated to a standard eight-speed automatic transmission unit.
Land Rover also claims that the diesel version of the Defender 90 is capable of accelerating from 0 - 100km/h in 6.7 seconds. While the Defender 110 diesel variants complete a 0 - 100km/h in 7 seconds. Both the diesel-powered 90 and 110 models come with an electronically-limited top speed of 191km/h.
Thoughts On The Land Rover Defender Diesel-Powered Variants
The Land Rover Defender is now available in both petrol and diesel engines, expanding its customer range in the market. The new Defender though continues to rival the likes of the Mercedes-Benz G 350d and the Jeep Wrangler in the country.