- 2 hrs ago Volkswagen Polo TSI Comfortline Variants Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.41 Lakh
- 2 hrs ago Upcoming Yamaha FZ-X Specs Leaked: Here Is Everything You Need To Know About The Motorcycle!
- 2 hrs ago Hyundai Aura Updated In India: New Prices & Features
- 4 hrs ago Hero HF 100 Launched In India At Rs 49,400: The Most Affordable Bike From The Brand
- Lifestyle Jennifer Winget Raises The Oomph Factor In A Grey Dress But Her Chunky Golden Neck Piece Steals The Spotlight
- News Popular Tamil actor Vivekh hospitalised
- Finance Ashoka Buildcon Surges On Winning Gujarat Rail Infrastructure Project
- Movies Anushka Sharma Shares Some Priceless Moments From Last Year With Virat Kohli, See Video
- Sports IPL 2021: How golf swing helped Chris Morris in his big-hitting prowess
- Technology Moto G60, Moto G40 Fusion To Be Flipkart-Exclusives; India Launch Officially Confirmed
- Education Bihar Police Result 2021: CSBC Releases Home Guards And Driver Constable Result
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Goa In April
The Land Rover Defender has been crowned the Supreme Winner Women's World Car of the Year 2021. This is the first time a Land Rover has won the top prize at the awards and is the latest in a series of international honours for the most capable Land Rover ever made. The Defender remains true to the pioneering spirit that has been a Land Rover hallmark for over 70 years.
Nick Collins, Executive director, vehicle programmes, Jaguar Land Rover said, "This is a huge honour for the whole team and a reward for the hard work that has gone into creating such a capable vehicle. Defender has won more than 50 international awards already, which tells us that our original vision for a 21st century Defender was the right one. New Defender combines an unmistakable silhouette with state-of-the-art technology in a design that respects its heritage and delivers authentic Land Rover capability. The result is a family of 4x4s that lives up to the Defender name with durable commercial derivatives, an efficient plug-in hybrid powertrain and our potent new Defender V8."
The Women's World Car of the Year (WWCOTY) awards are the only car awards in the world with a jury composed exclusively of women, with 50 motoring journalists from 38 countries on 5 continents recognising the best new models available. The new Defender was named Best Medium SUV 2021 at the awards before being awarded.
Marta Gracia, Executive President woman's world car of the year stated, "The legend has been updated. The Land Rover Defender is no longer just a SUV to cross the Amazon or go into the desert. Its latest reinvention invites you to travel by road in the same comfort as a luxury saloon. For this reason, and for its technology and comfort it has been chosen as the Best Car of the Year by the Women's World Car of the Year."
Thoughts On The Land Rover Defender SUV
The Land Rover Defender is an iconic SUV and is known for its extreme off-roading capabilities. The new Land Rover Defender in India will take on rivals such as the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon and the Mercedes-Benz G-Class.