- 5 hrs ago Piaggio Opens EV Three Wheeler Experience Centre in Mumbai
- 6 hrs ago Tata Motors Unveils 21 New Commercial Vehicles Including An Electric Bus
- 7 hrs ago Bajaj Pulsar N250 and F250 Launched in India — Prices Start At Rs 1.38 Lakh
- 10 hrs ago Hero Electric Opens New Dealership In Mysore — Second Showroom In Sandalwood City
- Movies Meet Actress Nisha Rawal Tests Positive For COVID-19; Requests Fans To Take Precautions
- News Rajinikanth admitted to Chennai hospital for ‘routine check-up’
- Finance 7th CPC: DR Hiked To 31% For Central Government Pensioners/Family Pensioners
- Lifestyle Halloween 2021: Front Man And The VIP Guests’ Mask Costumes From Squid Game Discussed Spoilers Inside
- Sports Narender enters pre-quarters at the 2021 AIBA Men’s World Boxing Championships
- Technology Honor X30i With Dimensity 810 5G SoC, 90Hz Display Officially Announced; Price, Full Specifications
- Education Deepawali 2021: Essay On Diwali - The Festival Of Lights For Students
- Travel Karnataka's Ten Best Winter Destinations
The Lamborghini Urus has set a new top-speed record on ice. Lamborghini's super SUV set the record during the Days of Speed held during the month of March on the icy lake of lake Baikal in Russia.
The Record speed of 298kmph was set by Andrey Leontyev, a Russian driver and 18-time record holder of Days of Speed. This record has been recognised by the Russian Automobile Federation (RAF).
Andrey Leontyev was quoted as saying, "When I saw the frozen Lake Baikal for the first time I immediately realized that it was a perfect track. Records were being set on impeccable-quality asphalt roads and salt lakes around the world but in Russia, we don't have any of that. Instead, we have a lot of ice and that's how the idea came to me. So I once decided to come to Baikal with a friend and did some racing."
"Nobody thought this would get us anywhere, but we were determined to make it something big. In the past ten years, we gained FIA recognition to make our ice-track records official. We fully abide by all FIA regulations and we have a legitimate record-setting arena." added the Russian driver.
Unlike driving over asphalt or salt lakes, driving on a frozen lake is a lot trickier and dangerous. Firstly, there is the danger of extremely low traction, then there is the danger of driving over the lake itself. Any misjudgement or miscalculations can prove to be fatal.
Despite having a 650hp 4.0-litre twin-turbo engine, the chances of losing traction on the surface of Lake Baikal were minimal due to the use of a trick all-wheel-drive system. On a good day, the Lamborghini Urus can catapult itself from 0 to 100kmph in just 3.6 seconds and onto 200kmph in 12.8 seconds.
The official top speed of the Lamborghini Urus is recorded as 305kmph. The Russian driver, Andrey also praised the handling abilities and flexibility of the Lamborghini Urus.
Thoughts On Lamborghini Urus Taking The Record For Highest Top-Speed On Ice At Lake Baikal
Lake Baikal is the deepest freshwater lake in the world. Situated in the southern Siberian region of Russia, the lake is slightly larger than the entire country of Belgium. During winter the temperature can go as low as -19 °C, thus the river is frozen during the winter season.
What Andrey Leontyev has achieved is nothing short of remarkable, as it is one thing to drive on ice and it is a completely different ball game to cover 82m/sec on ice, as the slightest twitch can send the car sliding and out of control.