- 6 hrs ago New Royal Enfield Classic 350 India Launch: Available Without Tripper Navigation, New Colours & More
- 9 hrs ago Revolt RV300 To Be Replaced By RV1 Electric Motorcycle: Here Are All The Details
- 13 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki XL7 India Launch Expected Soon: Price, Expected Specs, Features & Other Details
- 15 hrs ago Ford Aspire Automatic India Launch Expected Soon: Likely To Be A 6-Speed Torque Converter
- Movies Mimi Movie Review: Kriti Sanon Delivers A 'Param Sundar' Performance Which Tugs At Your Heartstrings
- Technology Amazon Prime Day Sale: Special Discount Offers On New Budget Smartphones
- News Mirabai Chanu created history, entire nation is proud of her: Sports Minister Anurag Thakur
- Sports Tokyo 2020: 'Mirabai Chanu's medal has inspired the entire nation,' says sports minister Anurag Thakur
- Finance 2 Banking Stocks To Buy With An Upside Target of 28%
- Education TNGASA 2021: Tamil Nadu Arts And Science College Application Process Begins
- Lifestyle Princess Diana's Niece Lady Kitty Spencer Looks Gorgeous In Her Victorian Lace Wedding Gown
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
Lamborghini launches the Huracan STO in India at Rs 4.99 Crore, ex-showroom (India). The STO is abbreviated as the Super Trofeo Omologata, which means it is a street homologated version of the Huracan Super Trofeo track-only car.
Engine, Transmission & Performance
Lamborghini Huracan STO comes powered by a 5.2-litre V10 engine, which is the same as the standard Huracan. The power is sent to the rear wheels via a seven-speed dual-clutch LDF (Lamborghini doppia frizione) gearbox.
- Max power: 630bhp @ 8,000rpm
- Peak torque: 565Nm @ 6,500 rpm
- Acceleration (0 to 100kmph): 3.0 seconds
- Acceleration (0 to 200kmph): 9.0 seconds
- Top Speed: 310kmph (electronically limited)
- Climate control
- Large instrument cluster
- Steering mounted control
- Paddle shifters
- Aluminium switches
- STO badge on centre console
The Huracan STO features three drive modes: STO (road), Trofeo (track), & Pioggia (rain).
Exterior & Aerodynamics
The Huracán STO is jointly developed by Lamborghini's R&D, Squadra Corse, and Centro Stile departments. As a result, the dark art of aerodynamics is used extensively throughout the car to reduce drag.
The STO's hood, fenders, and bumper are made into a single piece. As a result, the STO is 43 kilograms lighter than the standard Huracan. Also, the bonnet features new air ducts that cool the engine and provide additional downforce.
The front bumper also gets a new splitter which directs airflow to the rear diffuser. Finally, the STO has a new rear fender that features a NACA air intake for the engine. They also adjust to provide additional downforce, especially while cornering.
Interiors & Technology
The Huracan STO uses a hybrid aluminium and carbon fibre chassis. The dry weight of the Supercar is rated at 1339 kilograms. The suspension duties are handled by Magneto-rheological units on all ends.
Braking on the STO is done via CCM-R 390mm and 360mm carbon-ceramic disc brakes at the front and rear respectively. The Supercar rides on 20-inch carbon fibre wheels shod with Bridgestone Potenza Sport tyres of section 245/30 (front) and 305/30 (rear).
As a result, the braking from 100kmph to 0 is done in under 30meters, while the braking distance from 200kmph to 0 take 110meters.
Thoughts About The Lamborghini Huracan STO Launched In India
As the name suggests, the Lamborghini Huracan STO is a track monster living in the streets. The Supercar features enhanced aerodynamics to keep it planted on the road at all times. For sure, the Indian streets are going to sound so much better thanks to the V10 engine and the performance exhaust.