- 11 hrs ago ‘Built To Order’ Platform Allows For The Customisation Of Apache RR 310; First Batch Sold Out
- 16 hrs ago TVS Gearing Up For The Launch Of A New Scooter On October 7th; Rumours Point Towards Jupiter 125
- 19 hrs ago Pravaig Extinction MK2 India Launch First Phase In 2022: To Be Introduced As Fleet Service Initially
- 20 hrs ago Tata Motors Achieves 10000 Unit EV Sales Milestone; Dominates The EV Segment With 70% Market Share
- Sports IPL 2021: PBKS had clear plans on Sharjah wicket and stuck to them, says Aiden Markram
- Technology Flipkart Big Billion Days Sale 2021: Great Offers On Google Pixel 4A, Infinix Hot 10s And Oppo A53s 5G
- Movies Super Singer Season 8 Winner: Anirudh Ravichander Has A Surprise In Store!
- News Cyclone ‘Gulab’ likely to make landfall in Odisha today; several trains cancelled, diverted
- Finance Diesel Gets Expensive; Petrol Unchanged On September 26: Check Latest Diesel Rates
- Lifestyle From Suits To Skirt Sets, Divyanka Tripathi Dahiya Has Fashion Goals For Every Occasion
- Travel World Tourism Day 2021: 5 Breathtaking Natural Wonders Of The World To See – Part 2
- Education UPSC CSE 2020: IAS Topper Tina Dabi’s Sister Ria Dabi Gets Rank 15 In Civil Services Exam
Automobili Lamborghini has announced their sales report for the year 2020. The Italian manufacturer had to tackle tricky conditions during the Covid-19 pandemic, which had a major effect in the country.
Despite the first half of the year 2020 facing production challenges, the brand has come out on a positive note. The company delivered 7,430 cars worldwide in 2020. It is a mere decrease of only 9 per cent as compared to the sales numbers from the year 2019.
The company has to shut down operations for 70 days in the wake of pandemic during H1 of 2020. However, the second six months saw record sales figures, resulting in the best second half-year for deliveries-to-customers in the company's history.
According to the company's report, the United States was confirmed as the top market with 2,224 cars, followed by Germany taking 607 cars. Mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau received over 600 Lamborghini's last year, while customers in Japan took delivery of 600 units. The brand shipped 517 units to the United Kingdom and delivered 347 to the home market.
The company also reports that South Korea and Germany are the two countries with the highest growth of 75 per cent and 8 per cent, respectively. The Urus SUV continues to be the most successful model for the brand with 4,391 cars delivered during last year. Additionally, the sale of the V10 Huracán and the V12 Aventador grew by a substantial margin.
The company also launched six new products during the last year globally. This includes the Lamborghini Huracán EVO RWD coupé and the Spyder, Sián Roadster, Essenza SCV12, Huracán STO and the SC20. The Sián Roadster was a super limited-edition model with a production size of just 19 units for the world.
Last year the company also achieved a couple of production milestones. This includes both the Urus and the Aventador completing a production run of 10,000 units. Other achievements include the new customization options with the introduction of further Ad Personam colours for Urus and Huracán.
Also, the biggest event for the brand in the year 2020 has to be the change in the company's leadership. In December, Stephan Winkelmann became the new President and CEO for the brand, taking over from Stefano Domenicali while maintaining the presidency of Bugatti.
Stephan Winkelmann, President and CEO of Automobili Lamborghini, commented: "The 2020 results are a clear demonstration of the excellent work that, despite the difficulties of a year of global challenges, was carried out by the entire Lamborghini team with enormous dedication and a spirit of resilience.
It is a great honour for me to again be part of our future: the sense of community felt so strongly during the past year, along with the values of social responsibility and the drive toward innovation that has always distinguished Lamborghini, will be the basis for confronting a challenging 2021, to consolidate the product range, seeking new business prospects, and further strengthening the brand."
Thoughts About The Lamborghini Cars Sales In The Year 2020
Italy was one among the hard-hit countries during the Covid-19 pandemic. However, Lamborghini has overcome the challenges and post its all-time sales record for the second half of 2020. The Lamborghini Urus continues to be the brand's best-seller due to the growing demand for SUVs in the world.