- 13 hrs ago 2021 KTM RC200 Arrives At Dealership: Gets Dual-Channel ABS As Standard
- 18 hrs ago Top 5 Safest Cars In India: All of them are manufactured by Indian automobile manufacturers
- 24 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Jimny Teased; Launch Soon
- 1 day ago BMW 3 Series Gran Limousine Iconic Edition Launched In India For Rs 53.50 Lakh
- News Will work for poor, shun wrong path, Aryan Khan tells officials during counselling in prison
- Sports R Ashwin has shown a lot of courage against power-hitters: Virat Kohli on off-spinner's selection for T20 WC
- Technology Apple Has A Plan To Make Your Existing MacBooks Look Old: MacBook Pro With Notch Incoming?
- Finance 4 IT Stocks To Buy As Suggested By HDFC Securities
- Movies Kotigobba 3 Day 2 Box Office Collection: Kichcha Sudeep Starrer Shines Bright!
- Lifestyle Eid-e-Milad-un-Nabi Mubarak 2021: Greetings, Wishes, Status, Quotes, Messages And Images
- Travel Rajasthan's Ten Best Winter Destinations
- Education CBSE Class 10, 12 Term Exam Dates Tentative Announced, Check CBSE Class X, XII Date Sheet Release Details
Kia has trademarked the name 'Kia Soul' in the Indian market. Earlier, the company was evaluating the launch of the Kia Soul for the Indian market. Both Soul and Soul EV models of the Soul were being considered for the launch.
According to media reports, the company began evaluating the launch after Kia receiving customer feedback at the 2020 Auto Expo. Now, Kia seems to have decided on bringing the crossover SUV to the Indian market.
The Kia Soul is currently sold in various international markets. The crossover SUV is offered with both IC engine and electric powertrain options. The Soul EV was awarded the 2020 World Urban Car Of The Year.
Speaking about the Soul's powertrain options, the petrol variant of the crossover SUV feature two engine options. This includes the 2.0-litre, four-cylinder, naturally-aspirated unit that produces a maximum of 146bhp and a peak torque 132Nm of torque; mated to either a six-speed manual or an IVT automatic transmission.
The top-spec variants of the SUV are offered with a 1.6-litre turbocharged engine that dishes out a maximum of 200bhp and a peak torque of 195Nm; mated to a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission as standard.
Due to the increasing demand for electric vehicles in the country, the company could also bring the Soul EV crossover SUV to India. The Kia Soul EV is offered in two variants in international markets.
The lower-spec variants feature a 39.2kWh battery pack that produces a maximum of 135bhp and 395Nm of peak torque. The maximum driving range is rated at 277km on a single charge as per the WLTP cycle.
On the other hand, the top-spec variant of the Soul EV features a larger 64kWh battery pack that produces a maximum of 201bhp and 395Nm of peak torque. It features a (WLTP) maximum claimed driving range of 452km on a single charge.
The Soul features a modern and sleek looking design with a tall-riding stance making for a roomier cabin. It features sleek-looking LED headlamps with integrated DRLs. At the rear the C-shaped tail lamps have merged with a light bar running at top of the boot lid, giving the crossover compact SUV a modern look.
Most of the design features are shared between the Soul and the Soul EV with subtle changes made to the electric SUV. Most of the design changes on the Soul EV are made on the front to create a more aerodynamic design.
Other features on the Soul includes a 10.25 touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and the brand's UVO connected technology, fully digital OLED display for the instrument console, wireless charging, ventilated seats, ambient lights, emergency braking, lane keep assist, wireless phone charger, a head-up display, and blind-spot monitoring system; among a host of other features.
Thoughts About The Kia Soul Name Trademarked In India
Kia recently did a complete brand makeover in the Indian market with a new logo and brand name. The company is looking to follow that up with the introduction of the Soul crossover SUV.
The demand for SUV and electric models are increasing by the day in India. Whether Kia India will launch the Soul EV in the country, remains to be seen.