- 1 day ago Dual-Tone Colours For TVS Radeon Launched Ahead Of Festive Season; Priced Slightly Higher
- 2 days ago Mercedes-Benz Creates The Most Transparent Retail Experience
- 2 days ago Tata Punch Vs Tata Nexon; Did Tata Accidentally Kill The Nexon?
- 3 days ago MG Astor Bookings Opened: First Batch Gets Sold Out Within 20 Minutes
- Movies Jimmy Sheirgill Reveals Why He Was Intimidated Being Directed By Gulzar In Maachis
- Technology Week 43, 2021 Launch Roundup: Nokia C30, Vivo T1, OPPO K9s, iQOO Z5x, And More
- Sports 'Lucky 13': Babar Azam lords in style as India lose to Pakistan for first time in World Cup
- News NCB's Sameer Wankhede writes to Mumbai top cop, seeks protection from action on 'false charges'
- Finance Government May Present 2 Major Financial Sector Bills In Winter Session
- Lifestyle Over 104.5 Crore COVID-19 Vaccine Doses Provided To States, UTs: Centre
- Travel Himachal Pradesh's Best Winter Destinations
- Education ICSE, ISC Board Exams Revised Datesheet 2021-22 Released By CISCE, Check Time Table Here
The Kia Seltos Nightfall edition has been launched in America. Kia has launched the new Nightfall Edition of its 5-seater SUV, Seltos, in the USA. The introduction of the new limited-edition comes just days after Kia updated the Seltos and Sonet line-up in India.
The Nightfall Edition features Kia's new logo and along with it there are some minor variations on its exterior and interior to differentiate it from the standard top-end model. The exterior carries a few styling revisions such as a blacked-out grille, black side sills, black roof rails and a set of 18-inch alloy wheels.
However, the same dark theme is not carried over to the inside. The seats and roof still use a light shade of beige to make the cabin feel spacious. On the equipment front, the new Nightfall Edition gets an adjustable steering wheel, automatic climate control, ventilated leather seats, power windows, and a large 10.25-inch infotainment system with UVO connectivity.
The new 2021 update for the US market brings with it plenty of tech in terms of safety. These new features include auto emergency braking, lane-keeping assist, forward collision assist with pedestrian detection, lane-keeping assist, rear blind spot collision avoidance assist, etc. These features make the US version of KIA Seltos a lot safer than its Indian counterpart.
Another big change in the US version compared to the Indian version is the motor under the ‘hood'. The Indian version gets three options for propulsion, which includes a 1.5-litre naturally aspirated motor, a 1.5-litre turbocharged diesel engine, and a more powerful 1.4-litre turbocharged petrol engine. These engines pump out 113bhp, 113bhp and 138bhp respectively.
The US version gets a more powerful 2.0-litre naturally aspirated engine that puts out 146bhp and 179Nm. Kia even provides a more powerful turbocharged 1.6-litre turbocharged engine with 175hp and a mammoth 264Nm.
The new Nightfall edition is priced at $27,865 (around Rs 20.3 lakh), this includes US$ 1,175 worth of overhead cost of handling, destination, and dealer charges.
Thoughts On The Kia Seltos Nightfall Edition Being Launched
It is quite clear that the American market is getting a more value-for-money product with the Kia Seltos. It comes with more powerful engine options and comes loaded with more safety as well. We can only wish for Kia to launch the bigger engines in India. But wanting some of those fancy safety features is more reasonable.