- 3 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Exports Commences To Nepal, Indonesia & South Africa: Details
- 6 hrs ago 2021 Jaguar F-Pace SVR Bookings Open In India: High-Performance SUV Coming Soon
- 18 hrs ago Top-Selling Bikes In India (May 2021): Hero Splendor & Hero HF Deluxe Take Top Two Spots
- 22 hrs ago Fast & Furious Toyota Supra Auctioned For Rs 4.07 Crore; Becomes Most-Expensive Supra
- News PM Modi to interact with participants on Toycathon 2021
- Education IIT Kharagpur Offering Free Online Course On Internet Of Things
- Movies Shah Rukh Khan And Akshay Kumar's Throwback Picture From Dil To Pagal Hai Sets Will Make You Nostalgic!
- Technology Reliance Jio, Airtel Introduce Strategies To Increase APRU: Check Details Here
- Finance Auto Component Suppliers To See 70% Dip In Operating Profits In Q1 Due To COVID Restrictions: Icra
- Lifestyle Nushrat Bharucha And Sunny Leone’s Crop Top And Pants Combo Make For The Best Outfits For Job Interviews
- Sports UEFA has no plans to move Euro 2020 semi-finals and final from Wembley
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
Kia India has pledged Rs 5 Crore to support the Andhra Pradesh government during the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic in the country. The funds will be used to improve the health care system in the state.
The State Government will be procuring essential medical equipment to hospitals. This would include High Flow Nasal Oxygen machines, Bipap machines, Oxygen concentrators, PPE kits and other medical consumables.
The company stated that it is taking all necessary measures to fight the second wave of the Covid-19 pandemic. It will continue to support the country, governments and is committed to being a partner in the national fight against coronavirus.
Kookhyun Shim, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, Kia India, said, "The surge in cases during the second wave of Covid-19 has taken all of us by surprise. As Kia India, we thank the Government of Andhra Pradesh for its tireless efforts in preventing the spread of the virus and extend our support of R 5 crore in the fight against the pandemic."
He further added, "The funds will be deployed towards meeting the increased requirement of essential medical equipment, including oxygen concentrators, ventilators, cryogenic tankers and D4 type medical grade cylinders, in hospitals. We will continue to extend complete support to the government and health authorities to fight the pandemic and come out of it safely."
Kia India has also announced an extension on the free service period by two months. The brand's dealers across the country are following the safety guidelines provided by the government to protect its workforce.
As a result, the workshops are either operating with very little manpower or have been shut due to the lockdown. During the lockdown period, customers would face difficulty in reaching service centres to claim free service for Kia vehicles.
Thoughts About Kia India Pledging Rs 5 Crore To Andhra Pradesh Government To Fight The Pandemic
Kia India prodcution facility is in Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh. The company aims to aid the state government and help the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. Apart from announcing relief measure to the general public, the company is also supporting its customers across the country by an extension on the free service period.