- 2 hrs ago MoEVing Orders 1,000 Euler Motors HiLoad EVs
- 4 hrs ago Komaki Ranger Electric Cruiser Teased Ahead of Launch - Promises 250km Range
- 6 hrs ago BigRock DirtPark Trail Attack 2021 Set For 11th & 12th December - Get Ready For An Offroading Adventure
- 9 hrs ago Five Things To Know About The Bounce Infinity E1 Electric Scooter
- News Govt issues FAQs on Omicron: Are existing vaccines effective against this variant?
- Sports 'Hopefully he got the date wrong' - Tuchel laughs off Rangnick claim over Chelsea job offer
- Lifestyle Lokmat Most Stylish Awards 2021: Ananya Panday, Sara Ali Khan, And Other Actresses In Their Fashionable Best
- Movies Chloe Zhao, Scarlett Johansson Listed Among FT's 25 Most Influential Women
- Education CBSE Class 12 Term 1 English Exam Answer Key 2021, Download Unofficial CBSE Class 12 English Answer Key Here
- Technology Moto G51 5G India Launch Officially Teased; First Phone With Snapdragon 480+ Chip
- Finance InFinity Forum- India's beyond-Boundaries FinTech Event
- Travel Budget Friendly Winter Places To Visit Around Shillong
South Korean carmaker Kia has revealed the EV9 concept SUV at the 2021 LA Auto Show. The Kia EV9 concept previews Kia's upcoming flagship electric SUV. The Kia EV9 concept previews the South Korean brand's upcoming flagship electric SUV that will bear the same name.
The EV9 concept is massive when it comes to its dimensions. The EV9 is 4,928mm long, 2,057mm wide and 1,778mm tall. The EV9 concept SUV's wheelbase is 3,099mm long.
The Kia EV9 concept features an all-electric powertrain though Kia hasn't revealed the exact details about the actual motors or battery pack. Kia claims that the EV9 concept will deliver a driving range of up to 483 kilometres on a single charge. The company states that the EV9 supports the 350kW fast DC charging which it claims will replenish the battery from 10 to 80 per cent in around 20 to 30 minutes.
The Kia EV9 backs up its massive dimensions with a boxy design that wouldn't look out of place in the current car market. The front end features a reinterpretation of Kia's signature Tiger Face facade.
This digital Tiger Face facade means that there is a body-coloured panel instead of the traditional grille found in internal combustion vehicles. The section hosts an intricate star cloud pattern display that is completely hidden behind the body panel when not in use. When the SUVs owners approach the vehicle these lights form sequential patterns to welcome them. On the move, these lights work as position lamps. The KIA EV9 SUV concept features a pair of vertical LED daytime running lights on either side of the front end.
The bonnet sports a vented duct section which plays host to a solar panel that charges the batteries even when they are not plugged in.
The sides of the Kia EV9 Concept are dominated by the large wheel arches that play host to machined 22-inch alloy wheels with triangular aero design pieces.
Like many other concepts, the EV9 features a set of suicide doors, something which isn't expected to be present when the SUV enters production. The taillights follow the contours of the vertical boot lid and form a y-shape.
The Kia EV9's interiors are as bonkers as the SUV's exterior with lounge-style seats. The driver and front passenger's seats can swivel 180 degrees. The SUV features a massive slab of glass (a 27-inch widescreen display) that displays information to the driver and also acts as the display for the infotainment system. The Kia EV9 concept features a massive panoramic sunroof that lets in lots of natural light. Other features include swivelling third-row seats, a second row of seats that can transform into a table and the use of vegan leather and recycled materials like fishnets, wool and plastic bottles.
The production-spec Kia EV9 is expected to arrive in a few years time as Kia has promised to have seven battery-powered cars by 2027.
Thoughts On the Kia EV9 Concept
The Kia EV9 Concept previews a massive SUV that will be the Korean carmaker's flagship in markets like the United States and the Middle East. While we don't expect the EV9 to hit India anytime soon, Kia EV6 coupe crossover is set to arrive on our roads soon and we can't wait to see what else the Korean carmaker has in store for us.