- 6 hrs ago Mahindra Trademarks XUV100, XUV400, XUV700 & XUV900 Names For Future SUVs
- 7 hrs ago 2021 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Detailed Review — The Perfect Entry-Level Performance Motorcycle?
- 7 hrs ago Aprilia SXR 125 Prices Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All The Details!
- 8 hrs ago FAME II Certification Validity Extended: Will It Benefit EV Market In India?
- Technology Amazon Smartphone Upgrade Days 2021: Discount Offers On Premium Mobiles
- Sports IPL 2021: Glenn Maxwell likens Royal Challengers Bangalore role to one at Australia
- Movies Dulquer Salmaan Turns Playback Singer For Hey Sinamika; Pictures Take Social Media By Storm!
- News Pakistan working on single-dose COVID-19 vaccine with China’s help: Official
- Finance How to find IFSC Code?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In April
- Education Karnataka: No Online Exams For Higher Classes, Says Dy CM Ashwath Narayan
- Lifestyle Pretty In Pink! Alaya F’s Shimmery Eye Lids And Matte Lips Make For The Perfect Makeup Look For Date Night!
Kia has released the first official images of its all-new EV6 — the brand's first dedicated BEV (Battery Electric Vehicle). While the company already has a few EV products in its portfolio, the new Kia EV6 will debut a brand new platform, developed specifically for their future EVs.
As mentioned by Kia, the new EV6 will be part of the brand's next-generation BEV offerings. IT will also feature a new design philosophy which along with the new E-GMP (Electric-Global Modular Platform) embodies the brand's shifting focus to electrification.
To further advance the brand's transition, Kia will have a new naming strategy in place. This will allow the brand to have consistency to its EV nomenclature across global markets. As part of the new naming strategy, all future BEVs will receive the ‘EV' prefix, clarifying it is a full-electric offering from Kia. The number at the end corresponds to the model's position in the line-up.
Karim Habib, Senior Vice President and Head of Kia Global Design Center, said,
"EV6 is the embodiment of both our brand purpose, ‘Movement that inspires', and our new design philosophy. It has been designed to inspire every journey by offering an instinctive and natural experience that improves the daily lives of our customers, and provide user ownership that is simple, intuitive and integrated.
He further added, "Our aim is to design the physical experience of our brand and to create bold, original and inventive electric vehicles."
As seen from the official teaser images released, the new Kia EV6 is expected to feature a sleek silhouette. The images reveal a coupe-like sloping roofline at the back, which ends with an integrated spoiler.
The EV6 could also feature a slight ducktail too, as seen near the sleek LED taillights at the back, which compliments the slim looking LED headlamps at the front. The Kia EV6 will also feature the brand's new logo at the centre of the bonnet.
Thoughts On The All-New Kia EV6 BEV
Kia has announced that the all-new EV6 battery electric vehicle will have its world premiere sometime during the first quarter of 2021. The EV6 will usher in the next-generation of BEVs from the brand, which currently has the e-Niro and Soul-EV in its all-electric portfolio.