- 1 day ago Piaggio Ape HT Three-Wheelers Launched In India At Rs 2.24 Lakh: Cargo & Passenger CNG Available
- 1 day ago Dakar Rally 2022: Audi RS Q e-Tron Unveiled For The Rally Race: Battery Capacity, Specs & Other Details
- 1 day ago 2021 Tata Tiago NRG Launching Soon — Design, Features & Other Details
- 1 day ago SSC Tuatara’s 500+Km/h Top Speed Record Proven Wrong; SSC Admits To Botched Up Figures
- Technology Amazon Prime Day Sale 2021: Discount Offer On Top Trending Smartphones
- Movies Veteran Actress Savita Bajaj, Who Was In Dire Need Of Financial Help, Gets Discharged From Hospital
- Sports India vs Sri Lanka 1st T20I: Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Suryakumar Yadav star in India's 38-run win over Sri Lanka
- News PM Modi cleared roadblocks to NE peace, development: Amit Shah
- Finance 3 Best Performing And High-Rated Gilt Funds To Start SIP In 2021
- Education CGBSE 12th Marksheet: Check CG 12th Result Name Wise And Roll Number
- Lifestyle Cancer Centre Successfully Initiates Neuro-Monitoring Technique For Spinal Cord Surgery, A First In Mumbai
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In August
Kia has released the first official images of its all-new EV6 — the brand's first dedicated BEV (Battery Electric Vehicle). While the company already has a few EV products in its portfolio, the new Kia EV6 will debut a brand new platform, developed specifically for their future EVs.
As mentioned by Kia, the new EV6 will be part of the brand's next-generation BEV offerings. IT will also feature a new design philosophy which along with the new E-GMP (Electric-Global Modular Platform) embodies the brand's shifting focus to electrification.
To further advance the brand's transition, Kia will have a new naming strategy in place. This will allow the brand to have consistency to its EV nomenclature across global markets. As part of the new naming strategy, all future BEVs will receive the ‘EV' prefix, clarifying it is a full-electric offering from Kia. The number at the end corresponds to the model's position in the line-up.
Karim Habib, Senior Vice President and Head of Kia Global Design Center, said,
"EV6 is the embodiment of both our brand purpose, ‘Movement that inspires', and our new design philosophy. It has been designed to inspire every journey by offering an instinctive and natural experience that improves the daily lives of our customers, and provide user ownership that is simple, intuitive and integrated.
He further added, "Our aim is to design the physical experience of our brand and to create bold, original and inventive electric vehicles."
As seen from the official teaser images released, the new Kia EV6 is expected to feature a sleek silhouette. The images reveal a coupe-like sloping roofline at the back, which ends with an integrated spoiler.
The EV6 could also feature a slight ducktail too, as seen near the sleek LED taillights at the back, which compliments the slim looking LED headlamps at the front. The Kia EV6 will also feature the brand's new logo at the centre of the bonnet.
Thoughts On The All-New Kia EV6 BEV
Kia has announced that the all-new EV6 battery electric vehicle will have its world premiere sometime during the first quarter of 2021. The EV6 will usher in the next-generation of BEVs from the brand, which currently has the e-Niro and Soul-EV in its all-electric portfolio.