- 7 hrs ago Ola Electric CEO Hints Electric Car: Next Big Step For Ola?
- 8 hrs ago 2022 Honda CBR 650R Launched In India: Prices Start From Rs 9.35 Lakh
- 11 hrs ago Komaki Ranger & Venice Electric Two Wheelers Launched In India: Prices Start From Rs 1.15 Lakh
- 13 hrs ago Five Things You Should Know About The 2022 Toyota Camry Hybrid: Generation, Design & More
- News PM Modi committed to honouring real heroes: Amit Shah on Padma awards
- Movies Bro Daddy Twitter Review: Did Mohanlal-Prithviraj Sukumaran's Film Impress The Audience?
- Finance Union Budget 2022-23: Here's What The Insurance Industry Expects
- Sports ISL 2021-22: Super-sub Irshad earns NorthEast United FC draw against Mumbai City FC
- Education Republic Day 2022: Interesting Facts About Republic Day Parade
- Technology Oppo Reno7 5G India Pricing Tipped Ahead Of February 4 Launch
- Lifestyle Know About Tongue Thrust In Newborns And Children: Causes, Symptoms And Treatment
- Travel National tourism Day 2022: Explore South India And Reclaim Your Post-Lockdown Freedom
South Korean carmaker Kia Motors has revealed the Carens three-row SUV. The Carens is the fourth offering from Kia for the Indian market.
Speaking at the global unveiling of the Kia Carens, Ho Sung Song, President and CEO at Kia Corporation stated, "With its bold design, high-tech features, and industry-leading safety systems, the Kia Carens is set to create a completely new segment and industry benchmark for family vehicles. Kia is especially honoured to launch Carens in India, where new ideas and innovations are taking shape. We are confident that the Kia Carens will deliver meaningful experiences to modern families both in their daily and leisure life."
Tae-Jin Park, Managing Director and CEO, Kia India, said, "India is diverse, and the people here have different preferences. I believe this is the most exciting insight we tried to unlock while developing the Carens. It's safe, feature-rich has artistry in its design, and is comfortable and classy; it packs everything a modern Indian family would want in their vehicle. The Carens, in all aspects, is another true customer-centric offering from Kia. The vehicle is all set to revolutionize and redefine family commuting, it is another game-changing product dedicated to our discerning Indian customers."
The Kia Carens is a three-row SUV and will be available with multiple engines and transmission options. The Kia Carens will be offered with a turbocharged petrol engine with a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox and a diesel engine with a 6-speed torque converter automatic gearbox.
Watch Kia Carens First Look & Walkaround Video Here
The Kia Carens sports a bold design. Up front, the Carens features the latest iteration of the carmaker's Tiger Face grille. Also seen is the design of the split headlamps with the 'Star Map' LED daytime running lights up top and the LED headlights sitting underneath. The Taillights also feature the 'Star Map' design.
The Kia Carens also feature quite a bit of chrome with the shiny stuff on the front and rear bumpers and doors. The Kia Carens sits on stylish dual-tone crystal cut 16-inch alloy wheels.
The insides of the Kia Carens are quite catchy. The Indigo and beige colour theme looks quite premium. The Carens features ventilated front seats, a 102.5-inch infotainment display that is connected to an 8-speaker Bose Sound system.
The Carens also feature 64 colour ambient lighting and a large sunroof. The Kia Carens has the longest wheelbase in its class and comes with three rows of seats with the second row tumbling down to allow easy entry into the rear seating area at the touch of a button.
The Kia Carens comes packed with safety features including 6 airbags, ABS with EBD, all wheel disc brakes, Hill Assist control, electronic stability control and a tyre pressure management system as standard.
Kia is planning to launch the Carens in the first quarter of 2022.
Thoughts On the Kia Carens
The Kia Carens is the fourth offering from the South Korean carmaker for the Indian market and it looks to be yet another market disruptor. The Kia Carens is expected to arrive in the first quarter of 2022 and will go against the likes of the Maruti XL6 and the Hyundai Alcazar.