- 46 min ago Yamaha Aerox 155 Launched In India; Powered By R15 Sourced 155cc Engine With VVA
- 4 hrs ago New Yamaha R15 V4.0 Launched In India; R15M And Aerox 155 Launched Along
- 8 hrs ago Audi E-Tron GT Launch Tomorrow; Audi Claims 383 Km Range
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Introduces ‘Make It Yours’ Riding Jackets; Available Soon At Dealership Level
- News US military power must be our tool of last resort, not our first: Biden at UN
- Sports With good balance of youth and experience, head coach Bozidar is confident of CFC’s chances in ISL 2021-22
- Movies Kamya Panjabi Regrets Not Meeting Sidharth Shukla Post Bigg Boss 13, Says ‘We Used To Laugh So Much’
- Education SBI Clerk Prelims Result 2021 Declared, Check Direct Link
- Technology Realme GT Neo2 Price Revealed Ahead Of Launch; New Dimensity 1200AI SoC Variant Also Tipped
- Lifestyle Emma Corrin’s Emmy’s 2021 Costume Is Surprising And There Could Be Salem Witch Trials Angle To It
- Finance How To Choose ELSS Fund To Save Tax And Create Wealth?
- Travel 8 Beautiful Long Drive Routes In India
Jeep has revealed the all-new Jeep Commander in Brazil, and it is a three-row SUV based on the Jeep Compass. Jeep accommodated the third-row seats on the Jeep Compass by stretching the platform and using a slightly more upright rear end.
Recently, our country saw a new breed of three-row SUVs based on two-row SUVs like the new Hyundai Alcazar and Tata Safari. The Jeep Meridian is also one such creation with a longer body to accommodate a third row of seats.
Design-wise, the Jeep Meridian looks far more premium than the Jeep Compass; which it is based on. One of the reasons for the premium appeal can be credited for using design elements from Jeep's larger and more premium jeep SUVs such as the new Jeep Grand Cherokee.
Even though looks are subjective, the design language on the Jeep Meridian feels thoroughly modern and sophisticated with the use of various elements like all-led slim headlights, a longer rear overhang and an upright tailgate.
Since the pricing on the new Jeep Meridian will be higher than the existing Jeep Compass customers, the Jeep has decided to make the Meridian as premium as possible. On the inside, the new Jeep Meridian feels almost like a copy of the company's models from the 1980s.
That being said, Jeep has not revealed any details regarding the engine options that will be available in Brazil at the time of launch. However, we expect Jeep Meridian to offer a 1.3-litre turbocharged petrol motor.
There have also been many rumours in the Industry regarding Jeep will introduce a 2.0-litre turbocharged diesel in India. We expect Jeep Meridian's engine will be re-tuned to take care of more weight. However, we can be sure that Jeep's uprated 2.0-litre turbocharged diesel engine will push out an incredible 200PS of power.
However, it is unclear though when Jeep will launch the Compass based three-row SUV in India.
Thoughts About The Jeep Commander (Meridian) Unveiled Globally Ahead Of India Launch
The Jeep Compass is a good SUV, but it falls short on certain things. The Jeep Meridian is one such SUV designed to keep as simple as possible. We expect Jeep to launch the Meridian with a different name in India.