- 3 hrs ago Connected Cars & Their Internet Requirements: Faster & More Secure Internet Tech Needed?
- 6 hrs ago Mercedes Partners With ProLogium To Develop Next-Gen Solid-State EV Batteries
- 7 hrs ago Here Is A List Of Genuine Accessories For Toyota Hilux In India: Scuff Plates, Canopy & More
- 9 hrs ago TVS Buys 75% Stake In SEMG — Forays into E-Bike Market
- Technology Realme 9 Pro+ Confirms The The Use Of 50MP Sony Sensor In A Cryptic Way
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Puducherry In Winter Of 2022
- News Uttarakhand polls 2022: Harak Singh Rawat not in contest for first time in two decades
- Sports Australian Open: 'Novak will be watching' - Medvedev blocks path to record 21st slam for Nadal
- Finance These 2 Top-Ranked Liquid Funds Are Good To Start SIP In 2022
- Movies Ananya Panday: I Wanted An Ideal Man Who Would Be Madly In Love With Me And Look At Me With Love Struck Eyes
- Lifestyle NeoCov: Wuhan Scientists Warn of New Coronavirus Strain With High Death, Infection Rate
- Education Lala Lajpat Rai Birth Anniversary: Some Lesser-Known Facts About Punjab Kesari
Jeep has revealed the all-new Jeep Commander in Brazil, and it is a three-row SUV based on the Jeep Compass. Jeep accommodated the third-row seats on the Jeep Compass by stretching the platform and using a slightly more upright rear end.
Recently, our country saw a new breed of three-row SUVs based on two-row SUVs like the new Hyundai Alcazar and Tata Safari. The Jeep Meridian is also one such creation with a longer body to accommodate a third row of seats.
Design-wise, the Jeep Meridian looks far more premium than the Jeep Compass; which it is based on. One of the reasons for the premium appeal can be credited for using design elements from Jeep's larger and more premium jeep SUVs such as the new Jeep Grand Cherokee.
Even though looks are subjective, the design language on the Jeep Meridian feels thoroughly modern and sophisticated with the use of various elements like all-led slim headlights, a longer rear overhang and an upright tailgate.
Since the pricing on the new Jeep Meridian will be higher than the existing Jeep Compass customers, the Jeep has decided to make the Meridian as premium as possible. On the inside, the new Jeep Meridian feels almost like a copy of the company's models from the 1980s.
That being said, Jeep has not revealed any details regarding the engine options that will be available in Brazil at the time of launch. However, we expect Jeep Meridian to offer a 1.3-litre turbocharged petrol motor.
There have also been many rumours in the Industry regarding Jeep will introduce a 2.0-litre turbocharged diesel in India. We expect Jeep Meridian's engine will be re-tuned to take care of more weight. However, we can be sure that Jeep's uprated 2.0-litre turbocharged diesel engine will push out an incredible 200PS of power.
However, it is unclear though when Jeep will launch the Compass based three-row SUV in India.
Thoughts About The Jeep Commander (Meridian) Unveiled Globally Ahead Of India Launch
The Jeep Compass is a good SUV, but it falls short on certain things. The Jeep Meridian is one such SUV designed to keep as simple as possible. We expect Jeep to launch the Meridian with a different name in India.