- 1 day ago Piaggio Ape HT Three-Wheelers Launched In India At Rs 2.24 Lakh: Cargo & Passenger CNG Available
- 1 day ago Dakar Rally 2022: Audi RS Q e-Tron Unveiled For The Rally Race: Battery Capacity, Specs & Other Details
- 1 day ago 2021 Tata Tiago NRG Launching Soon — Design, Features & Other Details
- 1 day ago SSC Tuatara’s 500+Km/h Top Speed Record Proven Wrong; SSC Admits To Botched Up Figures
- Technology Amazon Prime Day Sale 2021: Discount Offer On Top Trending Smartphones
- Movies Veteran Actress Savita Bajaj, Who Was In Dire Need Of Financial Help, Gets Discharged From Hospital
- Sports India vs Sri Lanka 1st T20I: Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Suryakumar Yadav star in India's 38-run win over Sri Lanka
- News PM Modi cleared roadblocks to NE peace, development: Amit Shah
- Finance 3 Best Performing And High-Rated Gilt Funds To Start SIP In 2021
- Education CGBSE 12th Marksheet: Check CG 12th Result Name Wise And Roll Number
- Lifestyle Cancer Centre Successfully Initiates Neuro-Monitoring Technique For Spinal Cord Surgery, A First In Mumbai
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In August
Jaguar has announced the launch date for its first-ever electric-SUV, the I-Pace in the Indian market. The new Jaguar I-Pace electric SUV will go on sale in India from 23 March 2021. The launch has been delayed from the previous 9 March, as previously stated.
Bookings for the electric SUV in India officially began last year itself. Customers can book the electric SUV either online or by visiting company dealerships across the country. Deliveries for the Jaguar I-Pace will commence soon after the SUV's launch in the market.
Jaguar has also announced that their retailer network has started gearing up for the launch of the electric SUV. The company announced that 22 dealerships in 19 cities across India are now EV ready, in terms of charging infrastructure, as well as sales & after-sales support.
The charging infrastructure from Jaguar Land Rover extensively covers the metro cities and other key urban hubs as well. Retailers across the country have also received in-depth training and dedicated courses on EV by JLR, enabling them to cater to all customer requirements & queries.
Jaguar Land Rover has currently set up over 35 EV chargers at their retailer facilities across India. The Jaguar I-Pace can be charged using Tata Power's EZ charge network, which has over 200 charging points across India. These charging networks have been installed at convenient locations such as malls, restaurants, offices, residential areas and even on the highways.
Rohit Suri, President & Managing Director, Jaguar Land Rover India said,
"Electric Vehicles will not just be a new mobility solution, but owning one will also be a new ownership experience. We recognise this and have worked relentlessly with our Retailers to ensure that owning an EV is truly a hassle-free experience for our customers."
Talking about the electric SUV itself, the upcoming Jaguar I-Pace is said to offer a host of features and equipment. The I-Pace SUV will be offered in a range of three variants: S, SE and HSE; featuring LED headlamps, 19-inch alloy wheels, dual touchscreen system, full-length glass roof, four-zone climate control, air purifier, heads-up display and many more.
The Jaguar I-Pace will come powered by a 90kWh battery pack, sending power to two electric motors. Combined the electric powertrain is said to produce 400bhp and 696Nm of peak torque.
Jaguar claims the I-Pace will be able to accelerate from 0 - 100km/h in 4.8 seconds and hit a top speed of 200km/h. While there is no ARAI-certified range figure yet, the official WLTP-rated range of the I-Pace on a single charge is 470km.
As mentioned before, the Jaguar I-Pace can be charged via the charging points set up at the brand's retailer network or use the EZ Charge network of Tata Power. The British carmaker will also offer customers a complimentary 7.5kW AC wall-mounted charger as well.
Thoughts On The New Jaguar I-Pace India Launch & Dealership Preparation
The Jaguar I-Pace will be the second premium all-electric SUV to be launched in the Indian market, post its rival, the Mercedes-Benz EQC. The I-Pace will also take on the upcoming Audi e-Tron, which is also expected to go on sale very soon.