- 26 min ago Mahindra Thar Adorned With Amitabh Bachchan Dialogues Grabs The Attention Of Mahindra Chairman
- 5 hrs ago Ola Hypercharger Launched: Test Rides For Ola Electric Scooters Will Commence From November 10
- 2 days ago Dual-Tone Colours For TVS Radeon Launched Ahead Of Festive Season; Priced Slightly Higher
- 2 days ago Mercedes-Benz Creates The Most Transparent Retail Experience
- Technology iQOO 8, iQOO 8 Legend India Launch Imminent; What All To Expect?
- News Coimbatore: KMCH opens 750-bed Medical College General Hospital
- Sports T20 World Cup 2021: Virender Sehwag comes out in support of Mohammad Shami following online attack on pacer
- Travel Top Ten Winter Destinations In Odisha
- Finance PhonePe Starts Charging Transaction Fees on Mobile Recharge
- Movies Aryan Khan Drugs Case: Ananya Panday Fails To Appear Before NCB
- Education ICAR AIEEA 2021 Score Card Released, Here’s How To Check ICAR AIEEA UG, PG, PhD Scores Provisional Here
- Lifestyle Karwa Chauth 2021: Mira Rajput Kapoor, Yami Gautam Dhar, And Sonali Bendre Wow Us With Their Looks
Jaguar has announced the launch date for its first-ever electric-SUV, the I-Pace in the Indian market. The new Jaguar I-Pace electric SUV will go on sale in India from 23 March 2021. The launch has been delayed from the previous 9 March, as previously stated.
Bookings for the electric SUV in India officially began last year itself. Customers can book the electric SUV either online or by visiting company dealerships across the country. Deliveries for the Jaguar I-Pace will commence soon after the SUV's launch in the market.
Jaguar has also announced that their retailer network has started gearing up for the launch of the electric SUV. The company announced that 22 dealerships in 19 cities across India are now EV ready, in terms of charging infrastructure, as well as sales & after-sales support.
The charging infrastructure from Jaguar Land Rover extensively covers the metro cities and other key urban hubs as well. Retailers across the country have also received in-depth training and dedicated courses on EV by JLR, enabling them to cater to all customer requirements & queries.
Jaguar Land Rover has currently set up over 35 EV chargers at their retailer facilities across India. The Jaguar I-Pace can be charged using Tata Power's EZ charge network, which has over 200 charging points across India. These charging networks have been installed at convenient locations such as malls, restaurants, offices, residential areas and even on the highways.
Rohit Suri, President & Managing Director, Jaguar Land Rover India said,
"Electric Vehicles will not just be a new mobility solution, but owning one will also be a new ownership experience. We recognise this and have worked relentlessly with our Retailers to ensure that owning an EV is truly a hassle-free experience for our customers."
Talking about the electric SUV itself, the upcoming Jaguar I-Pace is said to offer a host of features and equipment. The I-Pace SUV will be offered in a range of three variants: S, SE and HSE; featuring LED headlamps, 19-inch alloy wheels, dual touchscreen system, full-length glass roof, four-zone climate control, air purifier, heads-up display and many more.
The Jaguar I-Pace will come powered by a 90kWh battery pack, sending power to two electric motors. Combined the electric powertrain is said to produce 400bhp and 696Nm of peak torque.
Jaguar claims the I-Pace will be able to accelerate from 0 - 100km/h in 4.8 seconds and hit a top speed of 200km/h. While there is no ARAI-certified range figure yet, the official WLTP-rated range of the I-Pace on a single charge is 470km.
As mentioned before, the Jaguar I-Pace can be charged via the charging points set up at the brand's retailer network or use the EZ Charge network of Tata Power. The British carmaker will also offer customers a complimentary 7.5kW AC wall-mounted charger as well.
Thoughts On The New Jaguar I-Pace India Launch & Dealership Preparation
The Jaguar I-Pace will be the second premium all-electric SUV to be launched in the Indian market, post its rival, the Mercedes-Benz EQC. The I-Pace will also take on the upcoming Audi e-Tron, which is also expected to go on sale very soon.