- 35 min ago MoEVing Partners With Hero Electric To Accelerate The Growth Of Electric Delivery Vehicles
- 1 hr ago Tata HBX Interior Exterior Design & Features Spied Ahead Of India Launch: Pics & Details
- 2 hrs ago Hero MotoCorp Extends Warranty, Free Service & AMC Period In India Due To Covid-19
- 3 hrs ago MG Motor India & Devnandan Gases Increase Medical Oxygen Production By 31%: Read More!
- News TN invites Expression of Interest to set up oxygen, vaccines
- Sports India tour of Sri Lanka 2021: Nitish Rana feels ready for international cricket, awaits "that one call"
- Finance Logistics Shares Buzzing In Trade On May 18, 2021; Gati Hits 20% Upper Circuit
- Technology Google I/O 2021 Event Tonight: Live-Stream Details And Expected Features
- Education IIT Delhi Offering Six-Month Online Certificate Course In Data Science And Machine Learning
- Movies Salman Khan's Body Double Parvez Kazi's Resemblance To The Megastar Will Leave You Stunned
- Lifestyle This Pharma Allocates COVID Relief Fund To Support Underserved Communities, Patients In India
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In May
Jaguar is all set to launch its first all-electric SUV, the I-Pace in the Indian market. The company will be launching the luxury electric-SUV on March 9, 2021. The launch will take place via a unique and immersive digital launch event, says Jaguar.
Ahead of its launch, the company is accepting pre-launch bookings for the I-Pace electric SUV in the country. The Jaguar I-Pace will be offered in three varaints: S, SE, and HSE. Deliveries of the performance electric-SUV are expected to begin from March 2021.
Rohit Suri, President & Managing Director, Jaguar Land Rover India said, "After the fabulous response to the digital launch of the Land Rover Defender, we are excited about curating yet another digital experience for the launch of Jaguar I-PACE in India. This immersive & engaging digital event will provide a peek into a future-facing urban metropolis that is practically designed from the perspective of a sustainable ecosystem, uses innovative technologies and supports efficient modes of mobility like electric vehicles."
He further added, "I am certain that members of the media, our esteemed customers and fans of the brand will thoroughly enjoy the virtual experience being offered through this unique, futuristic and eclectically designed launch event."
The first I-Pace electric-SUV landed at (JNPT) Jawaharlal Nehru Port near Mumbai in the last month. At the time, the company stated that the first unit will be used for extensive testing and validation ahead of launch in the country.
Additionally, Jaguar also announced that it will be providing a couple of options to the I-Pace customers for charging the SUV. It will be providing office and home charging solutions to I-Pace customers in the country. Additionally, Tata Power has installed 200+ charging points across the country as part of its ‘EZ Charge' EV The charging network.
Customers will have access to these EZ Charge' EV Charging network, which are placed at convenient locations inside a city. This includes locations such as malls, restaurants, offices, residential complexes and along the highways. It will also be offered with a 7.4 kW AC wall-mount charger as standard.
Speaking about the Jaguar I-Pace, the luxury electric SUV is powered by two electric motors placed on either axel and are coupled to a 90kWh Lithium-ion battery pack. The electric powertrain produces a maximum of 395bhp and a peak torque of 696Nm.
This gives the I-Pace a maximum driving range of up to 470km on a single battery charge. The electric SUV can sprint from 0 to 100kmph in 4.8 seconds, and reach an electronically-limited top speed of 200kmph.
Since its debut, the Jaguar I-Pace has won several accolades and over 80 global awards. This includes the prestigious 2019 World Car Of The Year, World Car Design Of The Year, and World Green Car. It was the first car ever to win all three World Car titles together.
Thoughts About The Jaguar I-Pace Electric SUV India Launch
The demand for green vehicles has increased substantially across all segments. Jaguar is all set to launch the I-Pace which will cater to customers looking for a luxury yet zero-pollution vehicle in the country. Once launched, the Jaguar I-Pace will rival the Mercedes-Benz EQC, the upcoming Audi e-Tron, Volvo XC40 Recharge and the Tesla Model 3 in the country.