- 3 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki WagonR Xtra Edition Launched In India — Priced At Rs 23,000 More Than VXi Variant
- 5 hrs ago No More Registration Fee For Electric Vehicles — EVs To Become More Accessible In India
- 23 hrs ago All Cars In India To Feature Minimum 2 Airbags. Who Invented The Airbags, Importance…& More
- 1 day ago No Reduction In Import Duties For Tesla Says Government — Tesla Cars To Remain Expensive In India
- News Karnataka CM Basavaraj Bommai to allocate portfolios to Ministers on August 6
- Technology Realme GT Master Edition Special Variant Coming To India; Here's What's Different
- Movies Kate Winslet Hints 'Some Cool Ideas' For The Second Season Of Her Crime Series Mare Of Easttown
- Sports Tokyo 2020: Former Pakistan players hail India's historic Olympic hockey bronze medal win
- Education Tokyo Olympics: Wrestler Ravi Kumar Dahiya Wins Silver, Know 10 Facts About Him
- Finance Government Of India Amends Income Tax Act, Retro Tax Demands Nullified
- Lifestyle Kiara Advani, Vidya Balan, And Nora Fatehi Flaunt Sarees; Whose Saree Did You Find The Prettiest?
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In September
India's largest public EV charging station commences its operation in Navi Mumbai. The EV charging station is equipped with four DC chargers and 17 AC chargers, and it is built by the Mumbai-based Magenta group. The charging station is expected to help ease the range anxiety of EV owners in the city.
As of now, last-mile logistic companies are racing towards electrification as it is not only economical but can help companies achieve a carbon-neutral footprint. Mirroring this trend is the public transport segment. Adding to this is the ever-increasing number of private electric vehicles in the country.
In case of private vehicles, the electric two-wheeler segment is growing at a faster rate in tier 1 and tier 2 cities especially due to steeply rising fuel prices. EVs have become the default choice for many buyers looking for a city-friendly two-wheeler.
EVs in the four-wheeler category are also picking up pace pretty quickly. Some premium manufacturers have also introduced their premium EVs in the Indian market as CBUs. All of these EVs need one thing in common — charging stations.
This is where large charging stations like this one in Navi Mumbai come into the picture. They contribute largely to the EV ecosystem.
Maxson Lewis, Co-founder and Managing Director of Magenta Group was quoted as saying, "We have a total outlay of 4,000 chargers to be installed this year and close to around Rs 55 crore capex has been earmarked for this." He further added that, out of the 4,000 upcoming chargers, 1,000 units are to be put up in collaboration with HPCL.
Thoughts On India's Largest Electric Vehicle Charging Station Commencing Operations
India's EV segment is fast-growing and many non-automotive companies are eyeing this booming sector. Magenta Group is one such brand that has capitalised on the opportunity provided by electric vehicles.