- 1 day ago Dual-Tone Colours For TVS Radeon Launched Ahead Of Festive Season; Priced Slightly Higher
- 2 days ago Mercedes-Benz Creates The Most Transparent Retail Experience
- 2 days ago Tata Punch Vs Tata Nexon; Did Tata Accidentally Kill The Nexon?
- 3 days ago MG Astor Bookings Opened: First Batch Gets Sold Out Within 20 Minutes
- Movies Karwa Chauth 2021: Shilpa Shetty Kundra, Yami Gautam, Sonali Bendre And Others Share Adorable Pictures
- Sports Madrid wins 2-1 at Barcelona in first post-Messi "clásico"
- News NCB's Sameer Wankhede writes to Mumbai top cop, seeks protection from action on 'false charges'
- Finance Government May Present 2 Major Financial Sector Bills In Winter Session
- Technology How To Check Jio Number: USSD Codes, SMS, MyJio App And More
- Lifestyle Over 104.5 Crore COVID-19 Vaccine Doses Provided To States, UTs: Centre
- Travel Himachal Pradesh's Best Winter Destinations
- Education ICSE, ISC Board Exams Revised Datesheet 2021-22 Released By CISCE, Check Time Table Here
Tata Motors completes setting up India's largest solar car park at its facility in Pune. The solar setup is capable of producing over 86 lakh kWh of electricity annually.
The company has collaborated with Tata Power to add solar panels to the stockyard spanning 30,000 sq. meters at its manufacturing facility in Chikhali, Pune. The new solar plant establishment is part of the brand's net-zero carbon goal for 2039.
Both companies entered into a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) on August 31, 2020. Despite the ongoing Covid-19 challenges, the partnership managed to commission the project in a record time of 9.5 months.
The 6.2 MWp solar stockyard is estimated to reduce 7,000 tons of carbon emissions annually and 1.6 lakh tons over its lifecycle. Also, cars parked under the solar panel will be offered additional protection.
Mr Shailesh Chandra, President, Passenger Vehicle Business Unit, Tata Motors, said, "At Tata Motors, we have consciously anchored sustainability in every aspect of our business by striving for more meaningful ways to reduce our impact on the planet, whilst providing exciting products and sustainable solutions to our customers.
We have always been conscious of the need to conserve energy and are committed to achieving 100% renewable energy source for all our operations. Our partnership with Tata Power to deploy India's largest solar carport at our car plant in Pune is a step in that direction."
Dr Praveer Sinha, CEO & MD, Tata Power, said, "As One Tata initiative, we are proud to partner with Tata Motors and inaugurate India's largest solar carport. Our partnership is a testament to our collective efforts to lower the carbon footprint and provide innovative and future-focused green energy solutions. We will continue to explore new ways to harness clean resources and offer them to our partners and customers."
Thoughts About India's Largest Solar Car Park In Pune Setup By Tata Motors
Auto manufactures are committing towards eco-friendly manufacturing to reduce the carbon footprint in the country. The new solar car park from Tata Motors will generate a substantial amount of clean energy, which will be used for the operation of the production facility.