- 2 hrs ago Hyundai Ioniq 5 Electric Vehicle Displayed In India; India Launch Likely If Import Duty Is Reduced
- 2 hrs ago Toyota Hybrid Battery Warranty Extended: Toyota Camry & Vellfire Get 8 Years Battery Warranty
- 6 hrs ago 2021 Skoda Kodiaq Spied Undisguised Ahead Of India Launch: Pics & Details
- 7 hrs ago Bajaj-Triumph Motorcycle Prototype Ready; Launch Delayed Due To COVID-19
- Sports India vs Sri Lanka 2nd T20I: Here's the probable India XI as 8 key players ruled out of remaining games
- Movies Mahesh Babu’s Next With Rajamouli To Go On Floors In Summer 2022?
- Technology Nokia T20 Specifications Leaked: HMD Global's First Tablet?
- Lifestyle Saiyami Kher Wears An Embellished Yellow Gown And Sets Some Festive-Wear Goals
- News West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee meets Congress President Sonia Gandhi amid Opposition unity move
- Finance HDFC Bank Offers Senior Citizens Up To 6.25% Returns On FD: Check Current Rates Here
- Education Kerala Plus Two Result School Wise And District Wise Pass Percentage
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
Tata Motors completes setting up India's largest solar car park at its facility in Pune. The solar setup is capable of producing over 86 lakh kWh of electricity annually.
The company has collaborated with Tata Power to add solar panels to the stockyard spanning 30,000 sq. meters at its manufacturing facility in Chikhali, Pune. The new solar plant establishment is part of the brand's net-zero carbon goal for 2039.
Both companies entered into a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) on August 31, 2020. Despite the ongoing Covid-19 challenges, the partnership managed to commission the project in a record time of 9.5 months.
The 6.2 MWp solar stockyard is estimated to reduce 7,000 tons of carbon emissions annually and 1.6 lakh tons over its lifecycle. Also, cars parked under the solar panel will be offered additional protection.
Mr Shailesh Chandra, President, Passenger Vehicle Business Unit, Tata Motors, said, "At Tata Motors, we have consciously anchored sustainability in every aspect of our business by striving for more meaningful ways to reduce our impact on the planet, whilst providing exciting products and sustainable solutions to our customers.
We have always been conscious of the need to conserve energy and are committed to achieving 100% renewable energy source for all our operations. Our partnership with Tata Power to deploy India's largest solar carport at our car plant in Pune is a step in that direction."
Dr Praveer Sinha, CEO & MD, Tata Power, said, "As One Tata initiative, we are proud to partner with Tata Motors and inaugurate India's largest solar carport. Our partnership is a testament to our collective efforts to lower the carbon footprint and provide innovative and future-focused green energy solutions. We will continue to explore new ways to harness clean resources and offer them to our partners and customers."
Thoughts About India's Largest Solar Car Park In Pune Setup By Tata Motors
Auto manufactures are committing towards eco-friendly manufacturing to reduce the carbon footprint in the country. The new solar car park from Tata Motors will generate a substantial amount of clean energy, which will be used for the operation of the production facility.