- 13 hrs ago Chevrolet Monsoon Camp Second-Phase To Begin Next Week In India: Here Are All The Details
- 14 hrs ago Tata Nexon EV Now On Sale In Nepal — Prices Start At NPR 35.99 Lakh
- 14 hrs ago Bajaj Chetak Bookings Reopen: High Demand For The Electric Scooter Continues In These Cities
- 15 hrs ago Ducati Opens New Showroom In Pune: Multistrada V4 Showcased For The First Time In India
- News Death of district judge in Dhanbad: Jharkhand HC takes cognisance
- Sports Tokyo Olympics: Manu Bhaker, Rahi Sarnobat fail to enter 25M Pistol final
- Technology List Of Best Smartphones Launched In July Month 2021
- Movies Thittam Irandu Movie Review: Aishwarya Rajesh’s Convincing Performance Doesn’t Help This Whodunit Thriller
- Lifestyle International Tiger Day 2021: Perceptions Around Tiger And Leopard-Patterned Outfits
- Education NEP 2020: PM Modi Launches ‘AI For All’ Initiative, Aims To Train 1 Million Indians In A Year
- Finance 3 High-Rated Aggressive Hybrid Mutual Funds To Start SIP In 2021
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
Hyundai India SUV sales have crossed over the 1 million units mark in the country. The company has produced over 10 lakh 'Made in India' SUVs that are sold in the domestic market and are exported to various international markets as well.
The company currently offers a host of SUV that caters to different segment buyers. This includes the Venue compact SUV, the Creta mid-size SUV, and the Tucson premium mid-size SUV. Hyundai is also offering the Kona EV electric crossover SUV.
To commemorate the achievement, Hyundai has launched the ‘No.1 SUV Maker' national campaign. The Hyundai Creta has contributed the most to the overall SUV sales from the brand in India.
The Hyundai SUV supremacy campaign has been released which showcases the Hyundai current SUV portfolio in their individual natural habitats and brand imagery. The thought behind the campaign is to showcase the imagery of the Hyundai SUV customers.
Since its launch in the year 2015, Creta has been a best seller for HMIL, recording the cumulative sale of over 5.9 lakh units in the domestic market and over 2.2 lakh units in the export market.
Like the Creta, its younger sibling, the Venue has also been well-received in the market. The Venue is currently a popular choice in the compact-SUV segment.
It comes equipped with many segment-first and best features like Blue Link Connected Technology, 1.0-litre Turbo-GDi petrol engine and 7-Speed DCT; among others. HMIL has already sold over 1.8 lakh units of VENUE in the domestic market.
The Hyundai Kona EV is one of the few electric four-wheelers that are on sale in the country. The Kona EV caters to aspirational eco buyers in the country offering a decent driving range on a single battery charge.
Apart from the current portfolio of Hyundai SUVs, the company is gearing up to launch another new three-row seating SUV called the Alcazar. The upcoming SUV will soon be unveiled to the world revealing all its design, features and powertrain options.
Commenting on the landmark achievement, Mr Tarun Garg, Director (Sales, Marketing & Service), Hyundai Motor India Ltd., said, "We are extremely grateful for the love and trust our customers have presented in Hyundai branded SUVs. As frontrunners in the introduction of revolutionary technologies, we continue to establish new milestones and redefine benchmarks across segments.
With over 1 Million cumulative SUV sales in domestic and export markets, we have reiterated the promise of Make-in-India over nearly two and a half decades of our presence in India."
He further added, "This achievement also epitomises our manufacturing excellence and the unconditional admiration for the Hyundai brand in India. Our journey towards SUV leadership was initiated by brands such as TUCSON, SANTA FE and TERRACAN.
Now we have witnessed exponential growth in the segment with the launch of contemporary brands like CRETA and VENUE that have quickly gone on to become well-established household names."
Thoughts About The Hyundai SUV Sales Crossing 1 Million Units Mark In India
The demand for practical four-wheelers is increasing at a rapid pace in the country. The overall sales of SUVs have increased over the years across the world. Hyundai offers feature-packed products that are offered with multiple powertrain options to suit most buyers in the country.