- 19 hrs ago Tata Motors Has Registered Total Sales Of 62,192 Units In November 2021
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki To Launch 5 New SUVs Within Next 3 Years
- 1 day ago Spy Pics: Undisguised Yezdi Roadking Adventure Spotted Testing
- 1 day ago BMW Concept XM SUV Unveiled — Previews Most Powerful M Division Vehicle
- News Iran-Taliban forces clash at border: Misunderstanding says Tehran
- Movies Katrina Kaif And Vicky Kaushal To Tie The Knot In A Court Marriage Today Or Tomorrow?
- Sports With Saha being fit, who will Virat Kohli replace in the India playing 11? Skipper answers!
- Finance NSE Indices Launches New Nifty "Bharat" Bond Index
- Education RBI Summer Internship 2022: Opportunity For Indian, Foreign Students To Apply For RBI Internship. See Details
- Technology Researchers Develop Nano Camera Size Of Salt Grain: Future Of Smartphone Cameras?
- Lifestyle Rashmika Mandanna And Sanjana Sanghi Have Travel Fashion Goals For Us
- Travel Budget Friendly Winter Places To Visit Around Shillong
The results for one of the most prestigious car awards in the country are out - the Indian Car of the Year 2021. Among the nine contenders on the list, the Hyundai i20 has come out on top to win by a close margin.
The Hyundai i20 premium hatchback is now the winner of the Indian Car of the Year 2021 (ICOTY). The hatchback which was launched late last year, beat the likes of the Kia Sonet and the Mahindra Thar to secure the win, registering 104 points in total. The Kia Sonet came in second with 91 points, while the Mahindra Thar completed the podium positions in third with 78 points, respectively.
The voting process involves each jury member carrying 25 points. The points are distributed among the top-five shortlisted models, with each jury member announcing their winner for each category, the results of which are collaborated to decide the actual winner.
The Hyundai i20 is currently in its third-generation iteration and comes with a completely new design, featuring a sharper, aggressive and sporty styling, in-line with its global philosophy. The new i20 also comes with a completely refreshed cabin and dashboard layout, giving it a much more premium and upmarket feel than before.
The interiors of the car are also packed with a bunch of features, equipment and technology. This includes a large touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and connected tech, ambient lighting, wireless charging, automatic climate control, electric sunroof, electrically-adjustable driver's seat and plenty more.
Representing the Hyundai i20, S.S. Kim, MD & CEO, Hyundai Motor India Limited said,
"It is a moment of great pride for all of us at Hyundai. We are honoured to win this most prestigious automotive award - ‘Indian Car of the Year 2021' for the all-new i20. The all-new i20 has once again redefined standards in the premium hatchback segment and today depicts a strong expression of the progressive spirit of the new age Indian customers."
He further added, "Envisioning India at the heart of global manufacturing and commerce, Hyundai, began its journey with the country 25 years ago towards mutual progress. Today, it gives us immense pride to have come this far together, developing a sustainable and thriving ecosystem leading to collective evolution of the Indian Automotive Industry."
"Winning the 7th ICOTY award symbolizes the trust and faith of customers in the Hyundai brand. We thank all our Customers, Partners, Government, Media and Jurors for choosing the all-new i20 as the Indian Car of the Year 2021."
Thoughts On The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Winner, The Hyundai i20
The Hyundai i20 offers a host of features and equipment, which combined with the aggressive design and the strong performing engines, is an extremely attractive offering in the Indian market. Congrats to Hyundai for securing the award!