- 9 hrs ago Mahindra Trademarks XUV100, XUV400, XUV700 & XUV900 Names For Future SUVs
- 10 hrs ago 2021 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Detailed Review — The Perfect Entry-Level Performance Motorcycle?
- 10 hrs ago Aprilia SXR 125 Prices Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All The Details!
- 11 hrs ago FAME II Certification Validity Extended: Will It Benefit EV Market In India?
- Movies Vakeel Saab Day 6 Box Office Collection: Here’s How Much Pawan Kalyan Starrer Has Earned So Far
- Technology Amazon Smartphone Upgrade Days 2021: Discount Offers On Premium Mobiles
- Sports IPL 2021: Glenn Maxwell likens Royal Challengers Bangalore role to one at Australia
- News Pakistan working on single-dose COVID-19 vaccine with China’s help: Official
- Finance How to find IFSC Code?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In April
- Education Karnataka: No Online Exams For Higher Classes, Says Dy CM Ashwath Narayan
- Lifestyle Pretty In Pink! Alaya F’s Shimmery Eye Lids And Matte Lips Make For The Perfect Makeup Look For Date Night!
The results for one of the most prestigious car awards in the country are out - the Indian Car of the Year 2021. Among the nine contenders on the list, the Hyundai i20 has come out on top to win by a close margin.
The Hyundai i20 premium hatchback is now the winner of the Indian Car of the Year 2021 (ICOTY). The hatchback which was launched late last year, beat the likes of the Kia Sonet and the Mahindra Thar to secure the win, registering 104 points in total. The Kia Sonet came in second with 91 points, while the Mahindra Thar completed the podium positions in third with 78 points, respectively.
The voting process involves each jury member carrying 25 points. The points are distributed among the top-five shortlisted models, with each jury member announcing their winner for each category, the results of which are collaborated to decide the actual winner.
The Hyundai i20 is currently in its third-generation iteration and comes with a completely new design, featuring a sharper, aggressive and sporty styling, in-line with its global philosophy. The new i20 also comes with a completely refreshed cabin and dashboard layout, giving it a much more premium and upmarket feel than before.
The interiors of the car are also packed with a bunch of features, equipment and technology. This includes a large touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and connected tech, ambient lighting, wireless charging, automatic climate control, electric sunroof, electrically-adjustable driver's seat and plenty more.
Representing the Hyundai i20, S.S. Kim, MD & CEO, Hyundai Motor India Limited said,
"It is a moment of great pride for all of us at Hyundai. We are honoured to win this most prestigious automotive award - ‘Indian Car of the Year 2021' for the all-new i20. The all-new i20 has once again redefined standards in the premium hatchback segment and today depicts a strong expression of the progressive spirit of the new age Indian customers."
He further added, "Envisioning India at the heart of global manufacturing and commerce, Hyundai, began its journey with the country 25 years ago towards mutual progress. Today, it gives us immense pride to have come this far together, developing a sustainable and thriving ecosystem leading to collective evolution of the Indian Automotive Industry."
"Winning the 7th ICOTY award symbolizes the trust and faith of customers in the Hyundai brand. We thank all our Customers, Partners, Government, Media and Jurors for choosing the all-new i20 as the Indian Car of the Year 2021."
Thoughts On The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Winner, The Hyundai i20
The Hyundai i20 offers a host of features and equipment, which combined with the aggressive design and the strong performing engines, is an extremely attractive offering in the Indian market. Congrats to Hyundai for securing the award!