- 9 hrs ago New Kia Sonet With Updated Logo Arrives At Dealerships Ahead Of India Launch: Pics & Details
- 9 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Railway Transportation Milestone Mark Achieved: Ships Over 7.2 Lakh Vehicles
- 11 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Could Be Rebadged & Sold As The Toyota Belta: Here Are All The Details!
- 12 hrs ago Bajaj Pulsar NS 125 Launched In India At Rs 93,690: The Naked-Street Enters The 125cc Segment
- Movies Sushant Singh Rajput's Father KK Singh Moves To Delhi HC To Ban Films On The Late Actor's Life
- Sports European Super League: Breakaway competition appears to crumble as Chelsea, Man City lead reported exodus
- News Indian COVID variant still under investigation in UK, not yet of concern: Boris Johnson
- Finance Short Of Money Amid Covid 19: Easy And Low Cost Borrowing Options
- Education Maharashtra Class 10 Board Exams 2021 Cancelled: Minister Varsha Gaikwad
- Technology Realme X7 Pro Extreme Might Debut As Realme X7 Max In India; Expected Price, Specs
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In April
- Lifestyle 8 Beauty Lessons You Need To Take From Bhumi Pednekar’s Instagram Feed
Hyundai has announced that its new i20 premium hatchback has received over 35,000 bookings in the Indian market, since its launch. The new-generation Hyundai i20 was introduced in November 2020 and features a completely new design, in-line with the brand's global design philosophy of 'Sensuous Sportiness'.
The new Hyundai i20 was offered with a starting price of Rs 6.79 lakh, ex-showroom. However, these prices were introductory, applicable only till the 31st of December 2020. The premium hatchback is offered in four variants: Magna, Sportz, Asta and Asta (O). The top-spec variant of the new i20 premium hatchback is priced at Rs 11.17 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The new Hyundai i20 also comes packed with a host of new features, equipment and connected tech. Some of the features on offer include LED headlamps with LED DRLs, projector fog lamps, 16-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels, Z-shaped LED tail lights, large infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, wireless charging, ambient lighting, steering mounted controls, rear AC vents, electric sunroof and plenty more.
Mechanically, the new Hyundai i20 comes with three engine options: two petrol and one diesel. This includes the 1.2-litre NA petrol producing 87bhp and 115Nm of peak torque, mated to a five-speed manual or an optional iVT automatic transmission.
There is also a 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine, churning out 118bhp and 172Nm of peak torque. This is mated to either a six-speed iMT or a seven-speed DCT automatic gearbox. The third is a 1.5-litre CRDi diesel engine. It produces 99bhp and 240Nm of peak torque and comes mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox.
In terms of overall sales, Hyundai announced that the company registered their highest December figures last month.
The South Korean carmaker registered 66,750 units of sales in India in December 2020; a 33.14 per cent increase from the same month last year when sales stood at 50,135 units.
Of this, 47,400 units of sales came from the domestic market, while the remaining 19,350 units were from export sales.
Thoughts On The Hyundai i20 Bookings Milestone Since Launch
The all-new Hyundai i20 has been received extremely well in the Indian market, since the launch of the new-gen version. The premium hatchback from Hyundai rivals the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Baleno, Toyota Glanza, Volkswagen Polo and the Tata Altroz.