- 16 hrs ago Royal Enfield Introduces ‘Make It Yours’ Riding Jackets; Available Soon At Dealership Level
- 18 hrs ago Tata Punch Reaches Dealerships Before Its Official Launch; Tata Bets Big On Punch
- 23 hrs ago Yamaha Aerox 155 Launch Tomorrow; Powered By Yamaha’s Liquid-Cooled Engine From R15
- 1 day ago MG Astor First Look Review — The Most Advanced MG Yet Is Quite Impressive
- Movies Salman Khan's Tere Naam Co-Star Bhumika Chawla Reveals The Reason Behind Her Absence In Bollywood
- Technology Nokia Tablet To Be Launched On October 6: What To Expect?
- News Onam bumper lottery: Kerala auto driver hits jackpot, wins Rs 12 crore
- Education International Day of Peace 2021: Know Why World Peace Day Is Celebrated
- Sports Petchdam plans to stop Taiki Naito, eyes ONE Flyweight Muay Thai champ Rodtang
- Finance Paras Defence IPO: Should You Subscribe?
- Lifestyle Expert Article: Nutritional Care And Challenges In Feeding A Patient With Alzheimer’s
- Travel Pitru Paksha 2021: Important Places For Pind Daan In India
Hyundai has released a new promo video for the upcoming Alcazar SUV. In the video, all SUVs currently sold by the brand are seen driving at the Great Rann of Kutch salt marsh. This includes the Hyundai Creta, Hyundai Venue, Hyundai Tucson and the Hyundai Kona EV.
The 1 km long ‘Alcazar' name was etched into the salt flats in the promo video to welcome the upcoming SUV from Hyundai. Experts from across the country came together for this unique expedition in the Rann of Kutch, to take on the grand task of inscribing ‘Alcazar' on the salt flats.
The Hyundai Alcazar's launch in the Indian market has been postponed due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic in the country. The three-row Creta-based SUV was expected to arrive sometime this month after getting postponed from its initial launch timeline of April 2021.
However, the current situation has forced the manufacturer to push the launch of the Alcazar to June 2021. The Alcazar will be having its world premiere in India when launched in our market next month.
Ahead of its launch, the company has already unveiled the pre-production form of the Alcazar in the country. The Alcazar, which is essentially a three-row version of the Creta has undergone several changes.
This includes the addition of the third row of seating with an increase in the wheelbase of 150mm longer than the Creta. The total wheelbase of the extended SUV stands at 2,760mm.
The Alcazar will be offered in two seating configurations. The 6-seater models will feature captain seats in the second row, while the 7-seater variant will feature a bench seat in the middle.
The Alcazar will feature multiple powertrain options. The petrol engine offering is via a 2.0-litre ‘NU' four-cylinder DOHC naturally-aspirated engine. It produces a maximum of 157bhp and a peak torque of 192Nm.
On the other hand, it will also be offered a 1.5-litre diesel engine option. It is the same four-cylinder turbocharged unit from the Creta that produces a maximum of 115bhp and a peak torque of 250Nm. Both engines will be offered with a 6-speed manual and a 6-speed torque converter automatic.
Mr Tarun Garg, Director (Sales, Marketing & Service), Hyundai Motor India Ltd., said, "With new and innovative thinking, HMI has led the introduction of India's favourite SUVs, making Hyundai the highest selling SUV brand in India in 2020. Hyundai SUVs have taken the market by storm with CRETA, VENUE, TUCSON and KONA Electric redefining the aspirations of customers."
He further added, "To elevate the Hyundai SUV Life further, we are geared up to soon introduce our premium 6- and 7-Seater SUV, ‘The Hyundai ALCAZAR'. We have welcomed the newest member of the Hyundai SUV family by adopting a personalized approach reflecting our actions and limitless thoughts and push boundaries, leading to the creation of a stunning and memorable expedition at the Rann of Kutch."
Thoughts About The Hyundai Alcazar New Promo Video Released Ahead Of India Launch
Hyundai is keeping the buzz going around the launch of the Alcazar. The new promo video also showcases the various SUVs from Hyundai that are on offer in different segments. With the launch of Alcazar, the company will also be entering another segment. The Hyundai Alcazar will rival the Tata Safari, MG Hector Plus, Mahindra XUV500 and the upcoming Jeep Commander.