- 7 hrs ago Tata Tiago CNG Vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio CNG: Design, Powertrain & More
- 8 hrs ago Toyota Hilux TVC Out Ahead Of Launch: Bookings Now Open
- 10 hrs ago Skoda Slavia Production Started: Deliveries To Commence From March 2022
- 15 hrs ago Five Things To Know About The Tata Tiago CNG: Design, Powertrain & More
- News Goa elections: Manohar Parikkar's son quits BJP after failing to get ticket
- Movies Bigg Boss 15 January 21 Highlights: Rashami Desai And Devoleena Bhattacharjee Get Into A Nasty Fight
- Finance Buy Aster DM Healthcare For 16% Potential Gains In 3 Months: HDFC Securities
- Sports PKL 2021-22: U.P. Yoddha beat Bengal Warriors, jump to fourth on points table
- Lifestyle COVID: Omicron Sub-Lineage BA.2 Considered 'Variant Under Investigation' In The UK
- Education RSMSSB Admit Card 2022 Released For Fireman, AFO Exam At rsmssb.rajasthan.gov.in, Download Here
- Technology Intel Is Building World's Largest Chip Manufacturing Plant In Ohio, USA: Will Be Operational By 2025
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In Winter Of 2022
Hyundai has released a new promo video for the upcoming Alcazar SUV. In the video, all SUVs currently sold by the brand are seen driving at the Great Rann of Kutch salt marsh. This includes the Hyundai Creta, Hyundai Venue, Hyundai Tucson and the Hyundai Kona EV.
The 1 km long 'Alcazar' name was etched into the salt flats in the promo video to welcome the upcoming SUV from Hyundai. Experts from across the country came together for this unique expedition in the Rann of Kutch, to take on the grand task of inscribing 'Alcazar' on the salt flats.
The Hyundai Alcazar's launch in the Indian market has been postponed due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic in the country. The three-row Creta-based SUV was expected to arrive sometime this month after getting postponed from its initial launch timeline of April 2021.
However, the current situation has forced the manufacturer to push the launch of the Alcazar to June 2021. The Alcazar will be having its world premiere in India when launched in our market next month.
Ahead of its launch, the company has already unveiled the pre-production form of the Alcazar in the country. The Alcazar, which is essentially a three-row version of the Creta has undergone several changes.
This includes the addition of the third row of seating with an increase in the wheelbase of 150mm longer than the Creta. The total wheelbase of the extended SUV stands at 2,760mm.
The Alcazar will be offered in two seating configurations. The 6-seater models will feature captain seats in the second row, while the 7-seater variant will feature a bench seat in the middle.
The Alcazar will feature multiple powertrain options. The petrol engine offering is via a 2.0-litre 'NU' four-cylinder DOHC naturally-aspirated engine. It produces a maximum of 157bhp and a peak torque of 192Nm.
On the other hand, it will also be offered a 1.5-litre diesel engine option. It is the same four-cylinder turbocharged unit from the Creta that produces a maximum of 115bhp and a peak torque of 250Nm. Both engines will be offered with a 6-speed manual and a 6-speed torque converter automatic.
Mr Tarun Garg, Director (Sales, Marketing & Service), Hyundai Motor India Ltd., said, "With new and innovative thinking, HMI has led the introduction of India's favourite SUVs, making Hyundai the highest selling SUV brand in India in 2020. Hyundai SUVs have taken the market by storm with CRETA, VENUE, TUCSON and KONA Electric redefining the aspirations of customers."
He further added, "To elevate the Hyundai SUV Life further, we are geared up to soon introduce our premium 6- and 7-Seater SUV, 'The Hyundai ALCAZAR'. We have welcomed the newest member of the Hyundai SUV family by adopting a personalized approach reflecting our actions and limitless thoughts and push boundaries, leading to the creation of a stunning and memorable expedition at the Rann of Kutch."
Thoughts About The Hyundai Alcazar New Promo Video Released Ahead Of India Launch
Hyundai is keeping the buzz going around the launch of the Alcazar. The new promo video also showcases the various SUVs from Hyundai that are on offer in different segments. With the launch of Alcazar, the company will also be entering another segment. The Hyundai Alcazar will rival the Tata Safari, MG Hector Plus, Mahindra XUV500 and the upcoming Jeep Commander.