- 5 hrs ago Top 3 Tata Punch Alternatives
- 14 hrs ago Citroen C3: Few Things You Should Know
- 16 hrs ago Tata Punch Launched: Prices Start From Rs 5.49 Lakh
- 1 day ago New Ducati Multistrada V2 And V2 S Revealed
- Technology Flipkart Big Diwali Sale 2021 Discount Offers: Ultimate Place To Buy Best Selling Smartphones
- Movies Aha To Premiere Shekar Kammula’s Record-Breaking Super Hit - Love Story Starring Naga Chaitanya, Sai Pallavi
- News Rain fury sweeps through India: 27 dead in Kerala, 5 in Uttarakhand; several other states affected
- Sports T20 World Cup: India vs England Warm-Up Game, Highlights: Rahul, Kishan shine as India notch up 7-wicket win
- Education CBSE Term I Date Sheet 2021 Update: CBSE Class 10 And 12 Term I Date Sheet Released On CBSE.Gov.In Site
- Lifestyle Headphones, AirPods And Cancer: Is There A Link?
- Finance 4 Big Ipos Lined Up To Open For Public Subscription Soon
- Travel International Travel News: US To Ease Travel Curbs For Fully Vaccinated Foreigners From November 8
Hyundai has revealed the name of its upcoming seven-seater SUV, the Alcazar. The new Hyundai Alcazar SUV will be the brand's newest offering, positioned above the popular Creta in the product lineup.
The company has released a video to announce the name of its all-new seven-seater SUV, which is said to be based on the Creta. Hyundai has also stated that the global debut of the SUV is scheduled to take place soon, although a specific date is yet to be revealed.
As mentioned earlier, the new seven-seater Hyundai Alcazar SUV will be based on the new Creta offering. It will carry forward a similar design and styling, while also borrowing a number of components from the five-seater SUV.
Having said that, Hyundai will introduce a number of revisions and changes, to help differentiate between the two models. This could include a revised set of headlamps, front grille, new alloy wheels and more. The majority of the design updates is expected to be at the rear, with the new Alcazar expected to feature a more upright tailgate with a revised set of taillights and rear bumper.
Inside, the most obvious change will be the inclusion of the third row of seating. While Hyundai has announced that the Alcazar will be a 7-seater, it is yet to be seen if the top-spec variants come with a six-seater option as well; considering most of its competitors have it.
Apart from the seven-seater configuration, Hyundai is also expected to offer a number of additional features on the Alcazar as well. This includes a large touchscreen infotainment system, digital instrument cluster, wireless charging, electrically-adjustable driver seat, rear AC vents, a panoramic sunroof, ambient lighting, multiple charging ports at the rear and many more.
S S Kim, MD & CEO, Hyundai Motor India Ltd., said,
"The year 2021 will add a new chapter in HMIL history, as we gear up to enter and redefine a new segment. Hyundai Alcazar will supersede the aspirations of new-age buyers and redefine existing benchmarks to ensure customer delight."
"As Hyundai completes 25 years in the country, we will re-emphasize our commitment to Indian customers with the Global Debut of Hyundai Alcazar that is 'Made in India' and 'Made First for India'."
Powering the new Hyundai Alcazar will be the same set of BS6 petrol and diesel engine options, which does duty on the Creta. This includes a 1.5-litre petrol and diesel unit, both producing 115bhp, with 144Nm and 250Nm of peak torque, respectively.
The Hyundai Alcazar will also come powered by the more powerful 1.4-litre turbo-petrol unit. It produces 140bhp and 242Nm of peak torque. All three engines will further come mated with multiple transmission options.
Thoughts On The Upcoming Hyundai Alcazar Seven-Seater SUV
The Hyundai Alcazar SUV has been spotted testing in India on multiple occasions. The seven-seater Hyundai SUV is expected to go on sale in India either by the end-2021 or early-2022. Once launched in the Indian market, the new seven-seater SUV will take on the likes of the MG Hector Plus, Tata Safari and the upcoming Mahindra XUV500.