- 9 hrs ago KTM RC 390 Discontinued In India & Removed From Website: Next-Gen Coming Soon
- 10 hrs ago Bajaj Platina & CT Motorcycle Line-Up Receives Second Price Hike This Year: Here’s The New Price List
- 10 hrs ago 2021 Benelli 302R Revealed Ahead Of Launch: Features New Design & Lesser Weight
- 12 hrs ago TVS’ Scooters Price Increase: Prices Of TVS Scooty, Jupiter and NTorq 125 Hiked
- News 'Tika Utsav' from today; aim to vaccinate maximum eligible people
- Sports IPL 2021: CSK vs DC: Both Prithvi and I were hitting the ball well: Player-of-the-match Shikhar Dhawan
- Movies Mahesh Babu Heaps Praise On Vakeel Saab; Says Pawan Kalyan Is In Top Form!
- Finance 7th Pay Commission: Here’s How Your PF Contribution May Change From July
- Lifestyle Gudi Padwa 2021: The Rituals And Story Behind Celebrating This Festival
- Education NEET PG 2021 On April 18, Check COVID-19 Guidelines For Exam Day
- Technology Honor X20 Reportedly In Works; MediaTek Dimensity 1200 SoC Expected
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In April 2021
Hyundai has revealed the name of its upcoming seven-seater SUV, the Alcazar. The new Hyundai Alcazar SUV will be the brand's newest offering, positioned above the popular Creta in the product lineup.
The company has released a video to announce the name of its all-new seven-seater SUV, which is said to be based on the Creta. Hyundai has also stated that the global debut of the SUV is scheduled to take place soon, although a specific date is yet to be revealed.
As mentioned earlier, the new seven-seater Hyundai Alcazar SUV will be based on the new Creta offering. It will carry forward a similar design and styling, while also borrowing a number of components from the five-seater SUV.
Having said that, Hyundai will introduce a number of revisions and changes, to help differentiate between the two models. This could include a revised set of headlamps, front grille, new alloy wheels and more. The majority of the design updates is expected to be at the rear, with the new Alcazar expected to feature a more upright tailgate with a revised set of taillights and rear bumper.
Inside, the most obvious change will be the inclusion of the third row of seating. While Hyundai has announced that the Alcazar will be a 7-seater, it is yet to be seen if the top-spec variants come with a six-seater option as well; considering most of its competitors have it.
Apart from the seven-seater configuration, Hyundai is also expected to offer a number of additional features on the Alcazar as well. This includes a large touchscreen infotainment system, digital instrument cluster, wireless charging, electrically-adjustable driver seat, rear AC vents, a panoramic sunroof, ambient lighting, multiple charging ports at the rear and many more.
S S Kim, MD & CEO, Hyundai Motor India Ltd., said,
"The year 2021 will add a new chapter in HMIL history, as we gear up to enter and redefine a new segment. Hyundai Alcazar will supersede the aspirations of new-age buyers and redefine existing benchmarks to ensure customer delight."
"As Hyundai completes 25 years in the country, we will re-emphasize our commitment to Indian customers with the Global Debut of Hyundai Alcazar that is 'Made in India' and 'Made First for India'."
Powering the new Hyundai Alcazar will be the same set of BS6 petrol and diesel engine options, which does duty on the Creta. This includes a 1.5-litre petrol and diesel unit, both producing 115bhp, with 144Nm and 250Nm of peak torque, respectively.
The Hyundai Alcazar will also come powered by the more powerful 1.4-litre turbo-petrol unit. It produces 140bhp and 242Nm of peak torque. All three engines will further come mated with multiple transmission options.
Thoughts On The Upcoming Hyundai Alcazar Seven-Seater SUV
The Hyundai Alcazar SUV has been spotted testing in India on multiple occasions. The seven-seater Hyundai SUV is expected to go on sale in India either by the end-2021 or early-2022. Once launched in the Indian market, the new seven-seater SUV will take on the likes of the MG Hector Plus, Tata Safari and the upcoming Mahindra XUV500.