- 1 hr ago Pure EV Electic Scooter Warranty Extended For Battery, Motor & Controller: Here Are All The Details
- 3 hrs ago Hyundai Ioniq 5 Electric Vehicle Displayed In India; India Launch Likely If Import Duty Is Reduced
- 4 hrs ago Toyota Hybrid Battery Warranty Extended: Toyota Camry & Vellfire Get 8 Years Battery Warranty
- 8 hrs ago 2021 Skoda Kodiaq Spied Undisguised Ahead Of India Launch: Pics & Details
- News BJP blames 'politics of appeasement' for increase in COVID-19 cases in Kerala
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A52s Geekbench Listing Reveals Key Specs; Here's The Expected Price
- Education Government Likely To Offer OBC, EWS Reservation In AIQ For Medical Colleges Admissions
- Finance Rakesh Jhunjhunwala To Start New Airline; Starting With 70 Planes
- Sports Tokyo 2020: Women's 25M Pistol precision events on July 29; list of Indian shooters, timings, format
- Lifestyle Friendship Day 2021: Things Only Best Friends Can Relate To
- Movies Swara Bhasker's Next Is A Murder Mystery Titled Mimamsa
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
Hyundai rolls out its 10 millionth vehicle from its Chennai plant. The 10 millionth car also happens to be Hyundai's latest offering for Indian consumers, the Alcazar.
The South Korean vehicle manufacturer started operations at the Chennai facility in 1998 and after 23 years they have achieved this milestone of 10 million vehicles.
As part of their celebration, Hyundai rolled out their 10 millionth vehicle bearing the signature of Tamilnadu Chief Minister M K Stalin. The facility is also the brand's first manufacturing plant outside its home country, South Korea. The South Korean manufacturer is also the country's largest exporter of cars, thanks to the Chennai Plant.
Regarding the Alcazar, Hyundai has announced that it has already received over 4000 bookings for the Alcazar, and the brand is confident that it replicates the same success as its younger sibling, the Creta.
The Alcazar is a 3-row SUV based on the Creta, just like how new Tata Safari is to Tata Harrier. However, Hyundai has thoroughly engineered the Alcazar by giving it an additional wheelbase, and extra features to differentiate it from its five-seater sibling, the Creta.
The Hyundai Alcazar is available with two engine options. There is the 1.5-litre turbocharged diesel unit carried over from the Creta with identical power figures at 115hp and 250Nm of torque, then there is a 2.0-litre petrol engine from the Tucson with 160hp and 191Nm of torque.
Both the engines can be specified with a 6-speed manual transmission or a 6-speed automatic transmission. The Alcazar also comes with the option of six single-tone paint and two dual-tone paint schemes.
Thoughts About The Hyundai Alcazar 10 Millionth Milestone Unit Rolled Out From Chennai Plant
The fact that Hyundai launched the Alcazar in India before any country shows that our market is crucial for the brand. And Alcazar is Hyundai's most important launch to date because of the growing demand for 6 and 7-seater SUVs in the country.