- 12 hrs ago Largest EV Charging Station In India Opens In Gurugram: Charge Up To 100 EVs Simultaneously
- 15 hrs ago Connected Cars & Their Internet Requirements: Faster & More Secure Internet Tech Needed?
- 18 hrs ago Mercedes Partners With ProLogium To Develop Next-Gen Solid-State EV Batteries
- 19 hrs ago Here Is A List Of Genuine Accessories For Toyota Hilux In India: Scuff Plates, Canopy & More
- Technology Flipkart Electronics Sale 2022: Best Discount Deals On Mid-Range Smartphones
- Movies Bigg Boss 15 Jan 28 Highlights: Karan, Tejasswi & Other Finalists Get Emotional After Watching Their AVs
- Finance Union Budget 2022 Stock Buy: Cement Stock That Could Benefit From Infra Spends
- News India closely following developments in Ukraine, calls for peaceful resolution of situation
- Lifestyle Opinion: Did COVID-19 In India Take Away Safety Net Of Poor School-Going Children?
- Sports ISL 2021-22: Daniel Chima Chukwu on target as Jamshedpur down FC Goa
- Education Assam TET Re-Evaluation Result 2021 Declared, Download Lower Primary, Upper Primary TET Result Here
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Puducherry In Winter Of 2022
Huawei has revealed the SERES SF5 electric vehicle. It marks the smartphone maker's debut in the automotive industry, and befittingly, it is an electric vehicle. The SERES SF5 showcased at the 2021 Shanghai Auto Show is actually an updated version of the crossover SUV revealed by Huawei back in 2019.
SERES is a Chinese automotive manufacturer that Huawei has partnered with. With the SERES SF5, Huawei marks the beginning of its journey in the automotive sector. As part of the partnership, Huawei will sell the SERES SF5 through all Huawei stores across China.
With cars becoming more and more technologically aligned, many tech giants like Apple, Xiaomi, Google are also trying their luck in the automotive sector. So, it is not surprising to see Huawei also entering the automotive sector.
The new SERES SF5 is not a conventional EV, rather it is more like BMW's i3 with the range extender. The new SERES SF5 will be able to travel up to 180kms on electric power alone and can cover almost 1000kms with the combined propulsion.
The SERES SF5 uses a 1.5-litre petrol engine to charge the batteries when they deplete. It will also come with both 2WD and all-wheel-drive configurations. There is also a cool feature called Vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V) rescue recharge mode which can provide emergency power to other stranded electric vehicles. The same system can also be used to power external devices like stereos, electric cookers or even a laptop.
From the outside, SERES S5 looks absolutely stunning with cool L-shaped DRLs and a sloping roof. It also packs in a Huawei Sound-tuned 11-speaker audio system to cater to the musical needs of its occupants.
In terms of safety and tech, the SERES SF5 comes with a 5-star safety rating and packs in Level-2 driver assistance systems like adaptive cruise control, assisted driving and traffic congestion assist.
It is currently offered in four exterior colour schemes: Blue, Black, White and Grey. While the interior trim can be had in Black, Red or White. In China, the 2WD version of the SERES SF5 retails for around Rs 25.20 lakh while the AWD version costs Rs 28.68 lakhs.
Thoughts On Huawei-SERES SF5 Being Revealed
The new SERES SF5 is just a peek into what we can expect from tech giants around the world. Expect the cars from these tech giants to be packed with technology and also for it to be a visual treat to sit inside. However, it is yet to be seen how they perform when they hit the road.