- 17 hrs ago Ola Introduces Electric Vehicle Taxi Rides In London
- 19 hrs ago 2021 Mercedes-Maybach S680 Revealed: Epitome Of Luxury & V12 Power
- 23 hrs ago Datsun Cars Offers & Discount For May 2021: Up To Rs 40,000 Benefits Across Models
- 1 day ago Hero MotoCorp To Resume Operations From May 17 In A Staggered Manner In The Country
- News Anger, confusion over changed Covishield dose duration
- Movies Happy Birthday Nushrratt Bharuccha: Only True Fans Of The Actress Know These Lesser Known Facts About Her!
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In May
- Sports Nadal overcomes Djokovic to seal 10th Internazionali d'Italia title
- Finance 10 Top Gainers And Losers In Last 7 Trading Sessions Of Nifty
- Technology How To Update GB WhatsApp On Your Android Smartphones?
- Education Industry Leaders Cobble Up COVID Widows Initiative To Help Women Who Lost Their Partners To Pandemic
- Lifestyle On Vicky Kaushal’s Birthday, His Super-Cool Hairstyles From Masaan, Manmarziyaan And Sanju
Huawei has revealed the SERES SF5 electric vehicle. It marks the smartphone maker's debut in the automotive industry, and befittingly, it is an electric vehicle. The SERES SF5 showcased at the 2021 Shanghai Auto Show is actually an updated version of the crossover SUV revealed by Huawei back in 2019.
SERES is a Chinese automotive manufacturer that Huawei has partnered with. With the SERES SF5, Huawei marks the beginning of its journey in the automotive sector. As part of the partnership, Huawei will sell the SERES SF5 through all Huawei stores across China.
With cars becoming more and more technologically aligned, many tech giants like Apple, Xiaomi, Google are also trying their luck in the automotive sector. So, it is not surprising to see Huawei also entering the automotive sector.
The new SERES SF5 is not a conventional EV, rather it is more like BMW's i3 with the range extender. The new SERES SF5 will be able to travel up to 180kms on electric power alone and can cover almost 1000kms with the combined propulsion.
The SERES SF5 uses a 1.5-litre petrol engine to charge the batteries when they deplete. It will also come with both 2WD and all-wheel-drive configurations. There is also a cool feature called Vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V) rescue recharge mode which can provide emergency power to other stranded electric vehicles. The same system can also be used to power external devices like stereos, electric cookers or even a laptop.
From the outside, SERES S5 looks absolutely stunning with cool L-shaped DRLs and a sloping roof. It also packs in a Huawei Sound-tuned 11-speaker audio system to cater to the musical needs of its occupants.
In terms of safety and tech, the SERES SF5 comes with a 5-star safety rating and packs in Level-2 driver assistance systems like adaptive cruise control, assisted driving and traffic congestion assist.
It is currently offered in four exterior colour schemes: Blue, Black, White and Grey. While the interior trim can be had in Black, Red or White. In China, the 2WD version of the SERES SF5 retails for around Rs 25.20 lakh while the AWD version costs Rs 28.68 lakhs.
Thoughts On Huawei-SERES SF5 Being Revealed
The new SERES SF5 is just a peek into what we can expect from tech giants around the world. Expect the cars from these tech giants to be packed with technology and also for it to be a visual treat to sit inside. However, it is yet to be seen how they perform when they hit the road.