- 5 hrs ago ‘Built To Order’ Platform Allows For The Customisation Of Apache RR 310; First Batch Sold Out
- 10 hrs ago TVS Gearing Up For The Launch Of A New Scooter On October 7th; Rumours Point Towards Jupiter 125
- 13 hrs ago Pravaig Extinction MK2 India Launch First Phase In 2022: To Be Introduced As Fleet Service Initially
- 14 hrs ago Tata Motors Achieves 10000 Unit EV Sales Milestone; Dominates The EV Segment With 70% Market Share
- Sports IPL 2021, SRH vs PBKS: Full List of Award Winners, Man of The Match, Post Match Presentation Highlights
- Movies Iconic Gold Awards 2021 Winners List: Shivangi Joshi, Debattama-Karanvir, Rrahul-Helly & Others Win Big
- News Threat of climate change 'looming large': PM Modi at Global Citizen Live
- Finance LIC Listing To Happen By 4th Quarter Of This Year: CEA
- Technology Oppo Reno7 To Feature Identical Design As The Reno6; Might Launch Soon
- Lifestyle From Suits To Skirt Sets, Divyanka Tripathi Dahiya Has Fashion Goals For Every Occasion
- Travel World Tourism Day 2021: 5 Breathtaking Natural Wonders Of The World To See – Part 2
- Education UPSC CSE 2020: IAS Topper Tina Dabi’s Sister Ria Dabi Gets Rank 15 In Civil Services Exam
Honda Cars India has announced that its City sedan leads the mid-size sedan segment for the calendar year 2020. The new Honda City registered the highest sales in the segment with 21,826 units.
The City continues to be the brand's most successful model in India. The ‘City' is also Honda's longest-running nameplate, currently in its fifth-generation iteration launched in July 2020.
Building on the legacy of the Honda City brand, the new fifth-generation version is said to have exceeded the brand's expectations, allowing the sedan to command a 41 per cent market share in the segment during December 2020.
The mid-size sedan segment of India registered a cumulative sales of 45,277 units between the July - December 2020 period. Of this, the Honda City sedan accounted for 17,347 units. The launch of the new fifth-gen City also helped the mid-size sedan segment register a 10 per cent growth during the July - December 2020 period.
As per Honda, the top-spec ZX variant of the new fifth-generation City sedan has the maximum demand of 50 per cent. The company also stated that in the first six months of launch, the share of CVT variants of the new City stood at 48 per cent.
Rajesh Goel, Senior VP & Director - Marketing & Sales, Honda Cars India Ltd said,
"The City brand has been synonymous with Honda in India. Continuously re-inventing itself, each generation of the Honda City has offered new technologies and value propositions to enthrall its customers, creating a benchmark for quality and trust in the process."
He further added, "The launch of 5th Generation City in July last year gave a much-needed impetus to the mid-size sedan segment despite the challenging times. We want to extend our gratitude to our patrons who have continued to show their love for the City brand and experience the pride of owning this model."
The new fifth-generation Honda City comes with a revised design, with larger dimensions offering extended cabin space, host of new features and strong-performing petrol and diesel powertrain options.
Thoughts On The Honda City Sales In The Mid-Size Sedan Segment
The Honda City has been around in the Indian market for quite a long time, making it an extremely popular offering in the segment. The new Honda City rivals the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, Volkswagen Vento, Skoda Rapid and the Hyundai Verna.