- 5 hrs ago Piaggio Opens EV Three Wheeler Experience Centre in Mumbai
- 6 hrs ago Tata Motors Unveils 21 New Commercial Vehicles Including An Electric Bus
- 8 hrs ago Bajaj Pulsar N250 and F250 Launched in India — Prices Start At Rs 1.38 Lakh
- 10 hrs ago Hero Electric Opens New Dealership In Mysore — Second Showroom In Sandalwood City
- Technology Redmi Note 11, Note 11 Pro, And Redmi Note 11 Pro+ Officially Unveiled; Price, Expected India Launch Date
- Movies Meet Actress Nisha Rawal Tests Positive For COVID-19; Requests Fans To Take Precautions
- News Rajinikanth admitted to Chennai hospital for ‘routine check-up’
- Finance 7th CPC: DR Hiked To 31% For Central Government Pensioners/Family Pensioners
- Lifestyle Halloween 2021: Front Man And The VIP Guests’ Mask Costumes From Squid Game Discussed Spoilers Inside
- Sports Narender enters pre-quarters at the 2021 AIBA Men’s World Boxing Championships
- Education Deepawali 2021: Essay On Diwali - The Festival Of Lights For Students
- Travel Karnataka's Ten Best Winter Destinations
Honda has shut down its manufacturing plant at Tapukara, Rajasthan to facilitate periodic annual maintenance works. The annual maintenance work at the Tapukara facility will last 12 days long, and it is scheduled to take place from the 7th of May to the 18th of May 2021.
The manufacturing facility at Tapukara has an annual production capacity of almost 1.8 lakh units. This move may delay the production of some of the on-demand vehicles like the new 5th-generation Honda City and Honda Jazz. it is worth noting that the Honda Jazz saw an increase in month-on-month sales despite the pandemic-related lockdowns and curfews.
A Honda Cars India spokesperson was quoted as saying, "In view of the current severe situation from the second wave of COVID-19, the company has informed its associates and suppliers that the company is making calendar adjustments along with its maintenance block closure at its manufacturing plant in Tapukara, Rajasthan. The manufacturing operations will resume from May 19. The maintenance block closure was originally scheduled from mid of May 2021."
This move from Honda comes just a few days after other manufacturers like Mahindra, Maruti Suzuki and MG announced the shutdown of their respective manufacturing facilities for periodic annual maintenance work.
That being said, Honda currently offers three sedans, one hatchback and one SUV to Indian consumers. The range kick starts with their sub-4-metre hatchback, the Honda Amaze priced at Rs 6,22,439. Other Honda cars on sale in India include the Jazz, 5th Generation City, WR-V, and even the 4th Generation City.
Thoughts On Honda's Shutting Down Its Manufacturing Plant
Honda's decision to shut down its Tapukara manufacturing plant temporarily for 12 days to aid periodic annual maintenance is a welcome decision during this pandemic. Not only does it help in the maintenance, but it also acts as a lockdown of the facility to reduce the number of COVID-19 cases.