- 2 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Exports Commences To Nepal, Indonesia & South Africa: Details
- 4 hrs ago 2021 Jaguar F-Pace SVR Bookings Open In India: High-Performance SUV Coming Soon
- 16 hrs ago Top-Selling Bikes In India (May 2021): Hero Splendor & Hero HF Deluxe Take Top Two Spots
- 20 hrs ago Fast & Furious Toyota Supra Auctioned For Rs 4.07 Crore; Becomes Most-Expensive Supra
- Lifestyle Taapsee Pannu’s Russian Holiday Includes Stunning Sarees, Pyjama Sets, And Dresses
- News KP Sharma Oli gets it wrong again, claims 'Yoga originated in Nepal, not India'
- Sports Euro 2020: Croatia vs Scotland Stats Preview; It's a battle of equals
- Finance Nifty Metal Gains 1%; Welspun Corp, Jindal Steel, Adani Enterprises Shine
- Movies Priyanka Chopra Celebrates National Selfie Day, Shares A Stunning Picture Of Herself
- Technology OnePlus Oxygen OS 12 Update In India: List Of Supported Devices And How To Download
- Education Indian Navy Admit Card 2021 For SSR And AR Released, Download At joinindiannavy.gov.in
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
Honda has shut down its manufacturing plant at Tapukara, Rajasthan to facilitate periodic annual maintenance works. The annual maintenance work at the Tapukara facility will last 12 days long, and it is scheduled to take place from the 7th of May to the 18th of May 2021.
The manufacturing facility at Tapukara has an annual production capacity of almost 1.8 lakh units. This move may delay the production of some of the on-demand vehicles like the new 5th-generation Honda City and Honda Jazz. it is worth noting that the Honda Jazz saw an increase in month-on-month sales despite the pandemic-related lockdowns and curfews.
A Honda Cars India spokesperson was quoted as saying, "In view of the current severe situation from the second wave of COVID-19, the company has informed its associates and suppliers that the company is making calendar adjustments along with its maintenance block closure at its manufacturing plant in Tapukara, Rajasthan. The manufacturing operations will resume from May 19. The maintenance block closure was originally scheduled from mid of May 2021."
This move from Honda comes just a few days after other manufacturers like Mahindra, Maruti Suzuki and MG announced the shutdown of their respective manufacturing facilities for periodic annual maintenance work.
That being said, Honda currently offers three sedans, one hatchback and one SUV to Indian consumers. The range kick starts with their sub-4-metre hatchback, the Honda Amaze priced at Rs 6,22,439. Other Honda cars on sale in India include the Jazz, 5th Generation City, WR-V, and even the 4th Generation City.
Thoughts On Honda's Shutting Down Its Manufacturing Plant
Honda's decision to shut down its Tapukara manufacturing plant temporarily for 12 days to aid periodic annual maintenance is a welcome decision during this pandemic. Not only does it help in the maintenance, but it also acts as a lockdown of the facility to reduce the number of COVID-19 cases.