- 7 hrs ago Royal Enfield Continental GT Cup; More Affordable Than One Might Imagine
- 13 hrs ago BMW C 400 GT Teaser Video Released; Comes With 34 Bhp 350cc Engine
- 17 hrs ago New Honda BR-V Revealed; Comes With ADAS And Many Other Advanced Features
- 20 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Style Variant Gets Updated; Kushaq Style Variant Now Receives 6 Airbags & TPMS
- Finance 4 Auto and Auto Ancillaries Stocks Doubled Investors Money In 2021
- Education Kerala Plus One Allotment Result 2021 Released At vhscap.kerala.gov.in
- News Narendra Giri death: It’s not his handwriting in suicide note, claims Niranjani Akhara chief
- Technology Amazon Great Indian Festival Sale 2021: Rock Bottom Prices On Smartwatches From Fitbit, Garmin
- Sports Naomi Osaka withdraws from Indian Wells after US Open collapse
- Movies Sunny Full Movie Leaked Online For Free Download In HD Quality
- Lifestyle Chitrangda Looks Graceful In Her White Suit Look And We Can’t Take Our Eyes Off Her
- Travel 7 Amazing Indian Beaches For Families
Honda Cars India has announced its sales figures for the month of January 2021. The company has registered 11,319 units of sales in the previous month, translating to a massive 114 per cent growth in yearly sales. In comparison, Honda Cars registered 5,299 units of sales a year ago, during the month of January 2020.
Apart from the record domestic sales, Honda has also managed to drastically improve its exports as well. The company announced 1,233 units of exports in January 2021 as against just 182 units during the same month last year.
The massive growth has been mainly due to the rising demand for the brand's Amaze and fifth-generation City sedan offerings. Sales of both the compact and mid-size sedan offerings exceeded last month's expectations, allowing Honda to move towards sustainable market recovery.
Talking about the sales performance, Rajesh Goel, Sr. VP & Director, Marketing & Sales, Honda Cars India Ltd said,
"HCIL sales continue to be robust and first month sales in 2021 have been very positive. The strong demand for our popular sedans Amaze and City in fact exceeded the supply last month and we seem to be heading towards sustainable market recovery except for a few challenges."
Honda Cars India recently announced the start of exports of the new City sedan to new left-hand drive markets for the first time. The company exports the left-hand-drive City sedans to the Middle-Eastern countries, from the Gujarat and Chennai ports. These exports will be made alongside the right-hand-drive models, which are sent to South Africa, Nepal and Bhutan — here are the details.
Talking about the export market, Goel stated, "We have also started Honda City exports recently to new left-hand drive markets which gave a fillip to our export volumes. With the COVID Vaccination drive currently in progress, we expect it to propel positivity in the market, resulting in a steady demand going forward."
Thoughts On The Honda Car Sales Report For January 2021
Honda has gotten off to an immensely positive start in 2021. The new fifth-generation City and Amaze sedan offerings have helped boost the sales of the brand, bringing in consistent volume sales month-on-month in the Indian market.