- 24 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Exports Two Million Vehicles From India: Read More To Find Out
- 1 day ago IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- 1 day ago ICOTY 2021: Third-Generation Hyundai i20 Wins The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Award
- 1 day ago Bangalore’s First La Maison Citroen Showroom Launched: Here Are All The Details
- Finance From Fuel Rates To ATM: 8 Rules That Will Take Effect From Today
- Technology List Of Smartphones Expected To Launch In March 2021
- Movies Check Day 3 Box Office Collection: Nithiin’s Prison Drama Experiences Slow Growth
- Sports NZC shift matches against Australian men, England women to Wellington
- News Sensex surges over 500 pts in early trade; Nifty tops 14,680
- Education IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Analysis 2021, Check Difficulty Level
- Lifestyle Madhuri Dixit’s Glamorous Pictures In Shimmering Eye Shadow And Dark Pink Lipstick Leaves Us Speechless
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
Honda Cars India has announced its sales figures for the month of January 2021. The company has registered 11,319 units of sales in the previous month, translating to a massive 114 per cent growth in yearly sales. In comparison, Honda Cars registered 5,299 units of sales a year ago, during the month of January 2020.
Apart from the record domestic sales, Honda has also managed to drastically improve its exports as well. The company announced 1,233 units of exports in January 2021 as against just 182 units during the same month last year.
The massive growth has been mainly due to the rising demand for the brand's Amaze and fifth-generation City sedan offerings. Sales of both the compact and mid-size sedan offerings exceeded last month's expectations, allowing Honda to move towards sustainable market recovery.
Talking about the sales performance, Rajesh Goel, Sr. VP & Director, Marketing & Sales, Honda Cars India Ltd said,
"HCIL sales continue to be robust and first month sales in 2021 have been very positive. The strong demand for our popular sedans Amaze and City in fact exceeded the supply last month and we seem to be heading towards sustainable market recovery except for a few challenges."
Honda Cars India recently announced the start of exports of the new City sedan to new left-hand drive markets for the first time. The company exports the left-hand-drive City sedans to the Middle-Eastern countries, from the Gujarat and Chennai ports. These exports will be made alongside the right-hand-drive models, which are sent to South Africa, Nepal and Bhutan — here are the details.
Talking about the export market, Goel stated, "We have also started Honda City exports recently to new left-hand drive markets which gave a fillip to our export volumes. With the COVID Vaccination drive currently in progress, we expect it to propel positivity in the market, resulting in a steady demand going forward."
Thoughts On The Honda Car Sales Report For January 2021
Honda has gotten off to an immensely positive start in 2021. The new fifth-generation City and Amaze sedan offerings have helped boost the sales of the brand, bringing in consistent volume sales month-on-month in the Indian market.