- 7 hrs ago Honda Cars India Shuts Down Manufacturing Plant: Tapukara Plant Shut For Maintenance
- 9 hrs ago Felidae Maven Electric Bicycle Specs & Details: Electric Mobility At Just Rs 24,500
- 9 hrs ago Honda Cars Discounts In May 2021: Up To Rs 27,000 Benefits Available On Select Models
- 9 hrs ago Tata Motors Price Hike In May 2021: Tata Motors Hikes Prices Of All Models
- Technology Week 19, 2021 Launch Roundup: HONOR MagicBook X 14, HONOR Pad X7, OPPO K9 5G, Vivo Y52s And More
- Sports Manchester City 1-2 Chelsea: Celebrations stall as Aguero aberration lets Blues back in
- Movies Bigg Boss Malayalam 3 Week 11 Elimination: Remya Is Evicted, Soorya Gets Saved?
- Finance CAMS Shares Lists On NSE After 7 Months Of Its Entry Into Capital Market: Here's Why?
- News Massive COVID-19 vaccination drive in Uttar Pradesh from May 10 for 18-plus
- Education IIIT Delhi Offering PG Diploma in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Lifestyle Tere Naam And M.S. Dhoni Actress Bhumika Chawla Exudes Soothing Vibes With Her Latest Outfit
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Honda Cars India has announced its sales figures for the month of January 2021. The company has registered 11,319 units of sales in the previous month, translating to a massive 114 per cent growth in yearly sales. In comparison, Honda Cars registered 5,299 units of sales a year ago, during the month of January 2020.
Apart from the record domestic sales, Honda has also managed to drastically improve its exports as well. The company announced 1,233 units of exports in January 2021 as against just 182 units during the same month last year.
The massive growth has been mainly due to the rising demand for the brand's Amaze and fifth-generation City sedan offerings. Sales of both the compact and mid-size sedan offerings exceeded last month's expectations, allowing Honda to move towards sustainable market recovery.
Talking about the sales performance, Rajesh Goel, Sr. VP & Director, Marketing & Sales, Honda Cars India Ltd said,
"HCIL sales continue to be robust and first month sales in 2021 have been very positive. The strong demand for our popular sedans Amaze and City in fact exceeded the supply last month and we seem to be heading towards sustainable market recovery except for a few challenges."
Honda Cars India recently announced the start of exports of the new City sedan to new left-hand drive markets for the first time. The company exports the left-hand-drive City sedans to the Middle-Eastern countries, from the Gujarat and Chennai ports. These exports will be made alongside the right-hand-drive models, which are sent to South Africa, Nepal and Bhutan — here are the details.
Talking about the export market, Goel stated, "We have also started Honda City exports recently to new left-hand drive markets which gave a fillip to our export volumes. With the COVID Vaccination drive currently in progress, we expect it to propel positivity in the market, resulting in a steady demand going forward."
Thoughts On The Honda Car Sales Report For January 2021
Honda has gotten off to an immensely positive start in 2021. The new fifth-generation City and Amaze sedan offerings have helped boost the sales of the brand, bringing in consistent volume sales month-on-month in the Indian market.