- News Haven't been summoned, in Delhi for different purpose, says Sameer Wankhede
- Education AP SET Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Steps To Download AP SET Hall Ticket For State Eligibility Test Here
- Sports Elite Women's National Boxing Championships: World medallists Manju Rani and Jamuna Boro storm into semis
- Movies Salman Khan Urges Fans To Watch Sooryavanshi, Satyameva Jayate 2 And Bunty Aur Babli 2 In Theatres
- Finance Bharti Airtel Confirms Accepting 4-Year Moratorium On Spectrum
- Technology Apple iPhone 13 Review From A Long-Term Android User: Should You Make The Switch?
- Travel Nagaland's Best Winter Destinations
- Lifestyle All You Need To Know About Mosquirix, The First Vaccine For Malaria Approved By The WHO
Google has recently revealed at its ongoing I/O conference that its Maps app will get more detailed. The update will provide a better street view, better navigation routes, and more such features in the coming months. The update is centred around better navigation planning, which the drivers use the most.
However, through this new update, Google Maps will start suggesting routes that are less crowded and don't require the driver to brake hard non-stop. In return, this will make your commute easy and even save you fuel. This is being done via machine learning by assessing road grade, traffic flow, the distance of your journey, and maps.
Also, there was a screenshot that was shared by Alphabet's company during the presentation that reveals the new layout, which shows reduced CO2 emission. The company is also improving its street maps so that pedestrians can plan their route better and also those with temporary or permanent disabilities. It will also feature complex virtual street signs for buildings that are hard to navigate.
Recently, Google also revealed the Digital Car Key. It is an Android Smartphone-based technology that will be offered along with the rollout of the upcoming Android 12 OS. Users can lock, unlock and even start their car using a smartphone.
The Google Digital Car Key will use Near Field Communication (NFC) as well as Ultra Wide Band (UWB) radio tech to work in the proximity of the car in question. The car can be unlocked either by asking the app to do so or by simply pressing the unlock button on the car door with the phone in the user's pocket. The technology is certainly set to be handy and convenient. According to Google, the remote key can be remotely and securely shared with a friend allowing them to use the car if the owner isn't around.
Thoughts About Google Working On Updating The Maps
Since the petrol and diesel prices are touching the sky, the fastest way to reach a destination will be the easiest to save fuel. Till now this feature was not available on Google Maps, but now, in the coming months, Google Maps will be updated with all the above-mentioned features.