- 8 hrs ago Top-Selling Bikes In India (May 2021): Hero Splendor & Hero HF Deluxe Take Top Two Spots
- 12 hrs ago Fast & Furious Toyota Supra Auctioned For Rs 4.07 Crore; Becomes Most-Expensive Supra
- 17 hrs ago Yamaha FZ-X Accessories Price List: Order Official Factory-Fitted Parts Online
- 19 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq India Launch: 1.5-litre Variant To Arrive In August — Details
- Technology Last Week Most Trending Smartphones: OnePlus Nord CE 5G, Poco X3 Pro, Honor 50 Pro, Redmi Note 10 Pro And More
- News Punjab Cong infighting: Amarinder Singh in Delhi for another round of talks with AICC panel
- Movies Beast Second Look Out: Thalapathy Vijay's Deadly Look Is A Perfect Birthday Treat For Fans
- Sports Euro 2020: North Macedonia 0-3 Netherlands: Depay, Wijnaldum on fire as classy Oranje make history in easy win
- Finance These Nifty Stocks Gave The Highest Dividend In FY21
- Education Bihar STET Result 2021 For Urdu, Sanskrit And Science Released At bsebstet2019.in
- Lifestyle Swara Bhasker Flaunts A Pink Chikankari Kurta Set; Perfect For Stay-At-Home Festive Occasions
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
The Ford Motor Company has filed a patent for an advertisement reading technology. The technology will enable its cars to read the advertisement hoardings and placards placed near the roads and display the advertisement on the car's infotainment unit. This is the first of its kind and is a unique development in the automotive world.
The advertisements detected will mostly likely be notified as a simple notification rather than a full-screen pop-up notification on the infotainment unit, as the latter can be rather distracting while driving.
The system is designed in such a way that it will not only display the notification, but it can also display website links, contact details and other related information once the user clicks on the link.
This system might be useful at times, like finding a restaurant when the occupants in the car are hungry or it could help detect a fuel pump nearby. However, many would find this system to be a hindrance during a journey.
We believe that Ford may have planned something similar to a subscription pack as seen on mobile applications to remove the advertisements. This subscription may even be offered at the time of purchasing the vehicle or by subscribing to an ad-free plan.
There is even a possibility that Ford may even tie up with advertising agencies to display the notifications in the infotainment unit even if the camera misses to pick up the advertisement board.
Thoughts On Ford Filing A Patent For In-Car Advertisements
Previously, the crown for the ‘most annoying technological advancement' in my view was held by the touch-sensitive climate controls. However, this innovation from Ford just pips it by miles.
I believe that my car is my portable personal space, and I do not appreciate it when somebody infringes that space. This In-Car advertisement tech invades that personal space unlike anything else.