- 17 hrs ago 2021 KTM RC200 Arrives At Dealership: Gets Dual-Channel ABS As Standard
- 22 hrs ago Top 5 Safest Cars In India: All of them are manufactured by Indian automobile manufacturers
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Jimny Teased; Launch Soon
- 1 day ago BMW 3 Series Gran Limousine Iconic Edition Launched In India For Rs 53.50 Lakh
- Sports Star Winter Olympian Shiva Keshavan to stand for IOC Athletes' Commission election
- Finance $GARI, India's First-Ever Crypto Token: Major Things To Know
- News Priyanka Gandhi will be face of Cong's election campaign in UP: P L Punia
- Lifestyle Kuch Kuch Hota Hai Completes 23 Years: Of Costumes, Male Gaze, And Anjali’s Disappointing Transformation
- Technology Apple Has A Plan To Make Your Existing MacBooks Look Old: MacBook Pro With Notch Incoming?
- Movies Kotigobba 3 Day 2 Box Office Collection: Kichcha Sudeep Starrer Shines Bright!
- Travel Rajasthan's Ten Best Winter Destinations
- Education CBSE Class 10, 12 Term Exam Dates Tentative Announced, Check CBSE Class X, XII Date Sheet Release Details
The Ford Motor Company has filed a patent for an advertisement reading technology. The technology will enable its cars to read the advertisement hoardings and placards placed near the roads and display the advertisement on the car's infotainment unit. This is the first of its kind and is a unique development in the automotive world.
The advertisements detected will mostly likely be notified as a simple notification rather than a full-screen pop-up notification on the infotainment unit, as the latter can be rather distracting while driving.
The system is designed in such a way that it will not only display the notification, but it can also display website links, contact details and other related information once the user clicks on the link.
This system might be useful at times, like finding a restaurant when the occupants in the car are hungry or it could help detect a fuel pump nearby. However, many would find this system to be a hindrance during a journey.
We believe that Ford may have planned something similar to a subscription pack as seen on mobile applications to remove the advertisements. This subscription may even be offered at the time of purchasing the vehicle or by subscribing to an ad-free plan.
There is even a possibility that Ford may even tie up with advertising agencies to display the notifications in the infotainment unit even if the camera misses to pick up the advertisement board.
Thoughts On Ford Filing A Patent For In-Car Advertisements
Previously, the crown for the ‘most annoying technological advancement' in my view was held by the touch-sensitive climate controls. However, this innovation from Ford just pips it by miles.
I believe that my car is my portable personal space, and I do not appreciate it when somebody infringes that space. This In-Car advertisement tech invades that personal space unlike anything else.