- 6 hrs ago Volkswagen Polo And Vento Waiting Period Reach 5 Months; Bookings On Some Variants Stopped
- 8 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Will Receive A New Fuel Pump; Plans For A Recall & Replacements To Be Made Free Of Cost
- 12 hrs ago Ola Electric Scooter Portal To Open On November 1. Pre-Bookings Open
- 15 hrs ago Skoda Rapid Rider Plus Variant Discontinued In India: Base Automatic Variant Price Increases
- Movies Sidharth Malhotra On Doing Romantic Film With Kiara Advani; 'Everyday I Keep Getting Messages On Social Media'
- Education REET Admit Card 2021 Released, Download At reetbser21.com
- News Cong social media department passes resolution to make Rahul Gandhi party president
- Sports Lewandowski scores again as Bayern Munich routs Bochum
- Finance Airlines To Operate At 85% Of Pre-Covid Domestic Flights: Civil Aviation Ministry
- Technology Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 4G Might Discontinued In India Soon
- Travel 8 Appealing Winter Holiday Destinations In India
- Lifestyle Is Hypertension Linked To Erectile Dysfunction?
The Ford Mustang and the Ford Mustang and the all-electric Ford Mustang Mach-E will lead the American brand's charge in India.
Earlier, Ford Motors dropped a bombshell on the Indian automotive market by announcing the shutdown of its manufacturing plants in the country.
The majority of people believed it to be the end of the road for Ford's dreams in India. However, in reality, it is just a new beginning for Ford Motors.
For Ford's new beginning in India, the brand will continue to provide support to its existing customers, while it will sell premium and sports cars such as Ford Mustang and Ford Mustang Mach-E.
This decision will now present Ford an opportunity to launch a wide variety of its international models in India and improve the brand image. It also gives Ford a unique opportunity to explore different segments in India along with the flexibility to explore the premium EV car segment.
With the inevitable launch of Tesla in India along with other premium EV cars from the European manufacturers such as Audi, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, BMW and Jaguar, it will be interesting to see how Ford will position its all-electric Mustang Mach-E.
It is to note that, apart from the name there is nothing the Ford Mustang Mach-E has in common with the petrol-powered Ford Mustang, and unlike the Ford Mustang, the Ford Mustang Mach-E is an all-electric crossover SUV.
In the USA, the Ford Mustang Mach-E is available in 8 different configurations. However, the two main configuration option involves the battery pack size and drive configuration.
The battery option includes a Standard Range battery pack with 68kWh capacity and an Extended Range battery pack with 88kWh capacity. Whereas the drive configuration involves a Rear-Wheel-Drive (RWD) layout or an All-Wheel-Drive (AWD) layout.
Apart from this, Ford Mustang Mach-E has trim levels such as Select, Premium, California Route 1 and GT that determine the equipment levels.
The most affordable of the lot is the Ford Mustang Mach-E with a Standard Range battery pack and RWD layout. According to Ford, this model can do 440kms on a single charge under WLTP cycle and is the powertrain is capable of 266bhp and 430Nm of torque.
The ‘marathon runner' of the lot is the Ford Mustang Mach-E with an Extended Range battery pack and RWD layout. This model is capable of covering an astonishing 610kms on a single charge under the WLTP cycle.
However, the poster boy is the GT model that is capable of doing a 0-100kmph sprint in just 3.5 seconds. This model is powered by two electric motors powering each axle for a combined 480hp and a mammoth 860Nm of torque.
This model can also cover an impressive 500kms on a single charge as it comes with the larger 88kWh battery pack.
Ford Mustang Mach-E can be charged at a maximum rate of 150kW, however, finding such types of chargers in India can be a little difficult.
Thoughts About Ford Mustang & Mustang Mach-E Leading India Line-Up
It is not the end of Ford in India but just a new beginning, and I believe this is all for the better for a stronger mass-market comeback.
Speaking of the Mustang line-up, it will definitely add a lot to the brand image and hopefully, its success may help Ford rebuild the brand's foundation in India.