- 3 hrs ago Datsun Cars Offers & Discount For May 2021: Up To Rs 40,000 Benefits Across Models
- 18 hrs ago Hero MotoCorp To Resume Operations From May 17 In A Staggered Manner In The Country
- 19 hrs ago Rs 18,100 Crore Production Linked Incentive Scheme For ACC Batteries Approved
- 19 hrs ago Yamaha R7 Images Leaked Ahead Of Launch: Global Reveal On 18 May
- News Goa Medical College: Oxygen supply streamlining, says Health minister; Toll reaches 83
- Sports Former Saurashtra cricketer, BCCI referee Rajendrasinh Jadeja passes away due to COVID-19
- Movies Amazon India Launches MiniTV – A Free Video Streaming Service
- Technology Looking For COVID-19 Vaccine Slot? These CoWIN Tips Might Be Useful
- Lifestyle On Vicky Kaushal’s Birthday, His Super-Cool Hairstyles From Masaan, Manmarziyaan, And Sanju
- Finance Post Office Vs Bank Deposits: Why Post Office Is Better Choice?
- Education IIIT-Delhi Announces Season 5 Of The Summer Camp For Government School Students
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In May
Ford India has hiked prices for all its models sold in the country. The revised prices are effective from the month of April 2021. The Ford Endeavour has received the biggest hike of Rs 80,000 while the Ford Aspire receives a minimal hike of Rs 3,000. Ford India hasn't updated any of its models with any new features, but has only hiked prices.
The Ford Endeavour has quite a cult following in India due to its sheer size and road presence. Ford has now dropped a bombshell on those looking forward to buying one of these behemoths. The revised pricing sees the price of the Titanium+ 4X2 AT variant increasing by Rs 70,000, whereas the Titanium+ 4X4 AT and Sport 4X4 AT variants get even more expensive after receiving a price hike of Rs 80,000.
The new Ford Endeavour comes with a BS6 compliant 2.0-litre diesel engine that puts out 168hp and 400Nm of torque. The power might be down a bit when compared to the earlier 3.2-litre diesel engine, but the new engine replaces the archaic 6-speed automatic gearbox with a more efficient 10-speed automatic transmission which makes up for the power deficit.
Ford's only sedan for the Indian market – the Ford Aspire – comes in just two variants — Titanium and Titanium+ and both variants have received a minor price hike of Rs 3000. Ford has also hiked the prices of its compact SUV — the Ford Ecosport.
However, not all variants of Ecosport attract the price hike, the price hike of Rs 20,000 affects only the Ambiente, Trend and Titanium variants. The Titanium+, S and newly introduced SE trim are exempt from this price hike. That being said, the Ford Ecosport petrol range now kicks off at Rs 8.19 lakhs ex-showroom, whereas the diesel variant range starts at 8.89Lakhs ex-showroom.
The entry-level model for Ford India — the Ford Figo receives a price hike of Rs 18,000 across all its variants. This price hike is also applicable to its slightly more rugged cousin — the Ford Freestyle. The Ford Figo and Ford Freestyle both use identical 1.2-litre petrol and 1.5-litre diesel engines.
The petrol engine of Ford Figo and Freestyle is rated at 95hp and 119Nm, whereas the diesel motor pumps out an even healthier 99hp and 215Nm of torque. Both the engines come mated to a 5-speed manual transmission only.
Thoughts On Ford India Hiking Prices Of All Its Models
Ford India has produced and sold some brilliant vehicles so far. Even today, the cars sold by Ford in the Indian market have in one way or another redefined their respective segments. Now, the American auto giant has hiked prices of all its products in the Indian market. This might affect sales numbers in one way or another.