- 9 hrs ago MG Astor Bookings Opened: First Batch Gets Sold Out Within 20 Minutes
- 13 hrs ago Mahindra XUV700 Crosses 65000 Bookings In Just Two Weeks
- 1 day ago Yamaha Force 2.0 Launched In Taiwan
- 1 day ago Limited-Edition Toyota Innova Crysta Launched In India: Comes With HUD, 360-Degree Camera, And More Features
- Sports Brand El Clasico is bigger than brand Messi: Fernando Sanz
- Movies Dadasaheb Phalke Awardee Art Director, Leeladhar Sawant Passes Away At 70
- News We shouldn't expect favourable outcome in every round of border talks with China: Gen Naravane
- Technology Vivo Y72t With Dimensity 810 SoC, 64MP Dual Cameras Goes Official; Price, Full Specifications
- Lifestyle What Is Scream Therapy? Read About How Horror Movies Can Benefit Your Mental Health!
- Finance Citibank Today Revised Its Interest Rates On FD: Here’s What You Can Get Now
- Travel Best Winter Destinations In Andaman And Nicobar Islands
- Education 7th Pay Commission News: 3 Per Cent DA Hike For Central Government Employees, Pensioners Ahead Of Diwali
Ford is gearing up to launch the much-awaited Figo petrol automatic in the BS6 era. The upcoming hatchback is expected to go on sale in the coming months. Essentially, this would be a re-launch of the Figo petrol automatic as the hatchback was offered with an automatic in its BS4 format.
Ford Figo Petrol Automatic BS6
The company is expected to launch the hatchback with the same Dargon series 3-cylinder petrol engine paired to a 6-speed torque converter unit from the EcoSport. As a result, the power and torque figures are expected to remain similar to the manual petrol variant.
The 1.2-litre petrol engine produces a maximum of 95bhp and a peak torque of 119Nm; paired to a five-speed manual gearbox.
Additionally, the Figo is also offered with a 1.5-litre turbo-diesel unit churning out 100bhp and 215Nm of peak torque; mated to a five-speed manual. However, the diesel engine is not expected to receive the automatic gearbox.
Apart from the new gearbox, no other mechanical or cosmetic changes are expected on the new Figo petrol automatic. The company could offer the new automatic in mid and top-spec trims. This includes the Titanium and the Titanium Blu. Prices are expected to start at around Rs 7.2 lakh, ex-showroom.
As mentioned before, the rest of the features will be carried their manual counterparts. Some of the exterior and interior highlighted features include:
- Blacked-out grille & roof
- Fog lamps
- 15-inch alloy wheels
- Charcoal black interiors
- Ford Pass connected technology
- 7-inch touchscreen infotainment
- Semi-digital instrument cluster
Ford could also look at launching the automatic gearboxes in the Aspire compact-sedan and the Freestyle crossover hatchback. These two models are based on the Ford Figo and use the same mechanicals. As a result, the new automatic gearbox could be a welcome addition to all three models.
Thoughts About The Ford Figo Petrol Automatic BS6 Launch Soon
Ford offered a petrol automatic of the Figo in the past. Initially, it featured a more powerful 1.5-litre four-cylinder petrol engine paired to a DCT automatic lifted from EcoSport at the time. However, in 2019, the DCT was dropped and was replaced with a cost-effective 6-speed torque converter unit.
Finally, the engine and auto gearbox were dropped from the hatchback's line-up and was not updated to BS6-emission standards. Currently, due to the growing demand for automatics, the company has decided to re-introduce the variant of the Figo.