- 1 day ago Piaggio Ape HT Three-Wheelers Launched In India At Rs 2.24 Lakh: Cargo & Passenger CNG Available
- 1 day ago Dakar Rally 2022: Audi RS Q e-Tron Unveiled For The Rally Race: Battery Capacity, Specs & Other Details
- 1 day ago 2021 Tata Tiago NRG Launching Soon — Design, Features & Other Details
- 1 day ago SSC Tuatara’s 500+Km/h Top Speed Record Proven Wrong; SSC Admits To Botched Up Figures
- Technology Amazon Prime Day Sale 2021: Discount Offer On Top Trending Smartphones
- Movies Veteran Actress Savita Bajaj, Who Was In Dire Need Of Financial Help, Gets Discharged From Hospital
- Sports India vs Sri Lanka 1st T20I: Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Suryakumar Yadav star in India's 38-run win over Sri Lanka
- News PM Modi cleared roadblocks to NE peace, development: Amit Shah
- Finance 3 Best Performing And High-Rated Gilt Funds To Start SIP In 2021
- Education CGBSE 12th Marksheet: Check CG 12th Result Name Wise And Roll Number
- Lifestyle Cancer Centre Successfully Initiates Neuro-Monitoring Technique For Spinal Cord Surgery, A First In Mumbai
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In August
Ford is gearing up to launch the much-awaited Figo petrol automatic in the BS6 era. The upcoming hatchback is expected to go on sale in the coming months. Essentially, this would be a re-launch of the Figo petrol automatic as the hatchback was offered with an automatic in its BS4 format.
Ford Figo Petrol Automatic BS6
The company is expected to launch the hatchback with the same Dargon series 3-cylinder petrol engine paired to a 6-speed torque converter unit from the EcoSport. As a result, the power and torque figures are expected to remain similar to the manual petrol variant.
The 1.2-litre petrol engine produces a maximum of 95bhp and a peak torque of 119Nm; paired to a five-speed manual gearbox.
Additionally, the Figo is also offered with a 1.5-litre turbo-diesel unit churning out 100bhp and 215Nm of peak torque; mated to a five-speed manual. However, the diesel engine is not expected to receive the automatic gearbox.
Apart from the new gearbox, no other mechanical or cosmetic changes are expected on the new Figo petrol automatic. The company could offer the new automatic in mid and top-spec trims. This includes the Titanium and the Titanium Blu. Prices are expected to start at around Rs 7.2 lakh, ex-showroom.
As mentioned before, the rest of the features will be carried their manual counterparts. Some of the exterior and interior highlighted features include:
- Blacked-out grille & roof
- Fog lamps
- 15-inch alloy wheels
- Charcoal black interiors
- Ford Pass connected technology
- 7-inch touchscreen infotainment
- Semi-digital instrument cluster
Ford could also look at launching the automatic gearboxes in the Aspire compact-sedan and the Freestyle crossover hatchback. These two models are based on the Ford Figo and use the same mechanicals. As a result, the new automatic gearbox could be a welcome addition to all three models.
Thoughts About The Ford Figo Petrol Automatic BS6 Launch Soon
Ford offered a petrol automatic of the Figo in the past. Initially, it featured a more powerful 1.5-litre four-cylinder petrol engine paired to a DCT automatic lifted from EcoSport at the time. However, in 2019, the DCT was dropped and was replaced with a cost-effective 6-speed torque converter unit.
Finally, the engine and auto gearbox were dropped from the hatchback's line-up and was not updated to BS6-emission standards. Currently, due to the growing demand for automatics, the company has decided to re-introduce the variant of the Figo.