- 9 hrs ago Volvo India Introduces Subscription Plans — Here’s How You Can Subscribe To A Volvo Car In India
- 14 hrs ago Dubai Police Gets The New Toyota Land Cruiser LC300 — Rugged Workhorse Added To Exotic Fleet
- 16 hrs ago 2021 Duster Facelift Revealed: Will Renault Bring The New Duster To India?
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Car Prices Increase — Company’s Third Price Hike Of 2021 Coming Soon
- Technology Amazon Gaming Gadgets Sale: Discount Offer On Gaming Devices
- Sports Euro 2020: Slovakia vs Spain: Statistical Highlights: Enrique's side notch thumping 5-0 win to enter knockouts
- News PM Modi's meeting with Jammu and Kashmir leaders: Kashmir Valley on alert | Top Developments
- Movies Kareena Kapoor Khan And Taimur Have A Mid-Week Movie Night With A Special Treat!
- Finance FMCG Companies Log Sales Growth After Unlock 2.0:
- Education Lucknow University To Offer Course In Philosophical Counselling
- Lifestyle Jyeshtha Purnima 2021: Muhurat, Rituals And Significance Of This Day
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu and Kashmir In July
The Ford F-150 Lightning electric pick-up truck has been unveiled. Ford has unveiled the all-new and all-electric F-150 Lightning pick-up truck, and it has clearly not been inspired by Tesla's Cybertruck.
The new Ford F-150 lightning looks almost identical to its fossil-fuel gulping siblings, but the full-width DRL that connects both the vertically stacked headlamps gives it away. On the inside, you get a somewhat sophisticated experience dominated by two large screens.
The driver gets an all-digital instrument binnacle and the infotainment system is a larger 15.5-inch vertically stacked touchscreen unit. The Ford F-150 Lightning gets features such as adaptive cruise control, Ford's Sync4 interface and provision for Over-The-Air updates as standard.
Under the bonnet is space for additional luggage — almost 400-litres of luggage, making it the largest front boot amongst all EVs. There are two powertrain options. The ‘standard range' model is rated at 426bhp and 370kms of range, whereas the ‘extended range' model comes with a more powerful 563bhp setup with 450kms of range.
However, the official torque remains identical for both models at 1051Nm and the latter variant can go from 0-100km/h in just 4.4 seconds. Ford also claims it has a towing capacity of 4500 kilograms.
Ford F-150 Lightning is the fastest and most powerful F-150 variant in Ford's F-150 line-up.
However, the company is yet to reveal the little details like battery size. Ford claims that the F-150 Lightning can be charged from 15-80% in just 44 minutes using a 150kW DC fast-charger. Despite all these merits, Ford says that their upcoming all-electric F-150 will be surprisingly affordable.
Thoughts On The Ford F-150 Lightning Electric Pick-Up Truck being Revealed
It is quite fascinating to see a full-size American pick-up truck without a big V8 under the bonnet, but it is still an All-American with a big towing capacity and will be ideal for an outdoorsy family. An added bonus is that it is environment friendly for those off-road drives amidst nature. Good luck finding a charging station out in the middle of nowhere though.