- 15 hrs ago Hero MotoCorp To Resume Operations From May 17 In A Staggered Manner In The Country
- 16 hrs ago Rs 18,100 Crore Production Linked Incentive Scheme For ACC Batteries Approved
- 16 hrs ago Yamaha R7 Images Leaked Ahead Of Launch: Global Reveal On 18 May
- 16 hrs ago 2021 Kia Sonet & Seltos Deliveries Started Across India: Waiting Periods Set To Increase
- News Cyclone Tauktae intensifies into ‘very severe cyclonic storm’, to cross Gujarat coast by May 18: IMD
- Movies Bhumi Pednekar On Her Mother Testing Positive For COVID-19: Had A Hellish Time, She Was Extremely Serious
- Technology Week 20, 2021 Launch Roundup: Infinix Hot 10S, ASUS Zenfone 8, Redmi Note 10S, Infinix Note 10 Pro, And More
- Finance Why Mutual Funds Are Showing 1-Year Returns of 70-80%?
- Sports Vanessa Bryant salutes Kobe at Basketball Hall of Fame induction - 'You're a true champ'
- Education IIIT-Delhi Announces Season 5 Of The Summer Camp For Government School Students
- Lifestyle Akshaya Patra Starts COVID-19 Relief Feeding Centre In Bengaluru, Home Minister of Karnataka Launches the Prog
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In May
Earlier this year, Ford India launched the 2021 EcoSport SUV in the Indian market. The new Ford EcoSport, during the time of launch, was offered with subtle changes and features like a sunroof was offered as standard on the Titanium trim.
However, according to the latest report by TeamBHP, Ford is planning to update its Titanium S trim. According to the report, the Titanium S variant is likely to get a few exterior changes such as a tweaked front bumper, LED daytime running lights placed below the headlights, LED taillights and a set of new alloy wheels. On the inside also, it might get a new touchscreen infotainment system.
The EcoSport also comes with FordPass connected car tech. The new tech allows customers to connect their SUV to their smartphones and operate a number of features remotely. This includes starting, stopping, lock & unlock and AC controls; all via the FordPass app.
The 2021 Ford EcoSport remains mostly the same. The compact-SUV carries forward all the same features from the older MY2020 model. This includes automatic headlamps, push-button start/stop, steering-mounted controls, rain-sensing wipers, six airbags, ABS with EBD and a host of others.
Mechanically, the EcoSport is offered with both the 1.5-litre three-cylinder TiVCT petrol and the 1.5-litre TDCi diesel engines. The petrol mill produces 120bhp of power and 149Nm of peak torque. On the other hand, the oil burner produces around 98bhp of power and a peak torque of 215Nm. Both the engines will be paired to Ford's five-speed manual gearbox.
Thoughts On The 2021 Ford EcoSport
The MY2021 Ford EcoSport has been subtly revised in the Indian market, offering a few additional features, while also reducing its prices. However, now the company is also likely to add a few more things to the S trim, making it more attractive for the customers. The Ford EcoSport goes up against the likes of the likes of the Tata Nexon, Mahindra XUV300, Kia Sonet, Hyundai Venue and the recently introduced Nissan Magnite.