- 33 min ago MG Astor First Look Review — The Most Advanced MG Yet Is Quite Impressive
- 14 hrs ago Volkswagen Polo And Vento Waiting Period Reach 5 Months; Bookings On Some Variants Stopped
- 17 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Will Receive A New Fuel Pump; Plans For A Recall & Replacements To Be Made Free Of Cost
- 21 hrs ago Ola Electric Scooter Portal To Open On November 1. Pre-Bookings Open
- Finance How To Buy Silver In India? Different Investing Options In Silver
- Sports There was no way we could stay in Pakistan after receiving credible threat: NZC CEO White
- News Punjab Congress crisis: CLP meeting deferred; Announcement on Amarinder Singh’s successor today
- Lifestyle Expert Speaks About Brain Exercises For Managing Alzheimer’s
- Movies Mohit Raina Spills The Beans About His Role In Shiddat; 'Hoping People Will Love It'
- Technology Xiaomi 11 Lite NE 5G Color Options, Price In India Leak
- Education REET Admit Card 2021 Released, Download At reetbser21.com
- Travel 8 Appealing Winter Holiday Destinations In India
Earlier this year, Ford India launched the 2021 EcoSport SUV in the Indian market. The new Ford EcoSport, during the time of launch, was offered with subtle changes and features like a sunroof was offered as standard on the Titanium trim.
However, according to the latest report by TeamBHP, Ford is planning to update its Titanium S trim. According to the report, the Titanium S variant is likely to get a few exterior changes such as a tweaked front bumper, LED daytime running lights placed below the headlights, LED taillights and a set of new alloy wheels. On the inside also, it might get a new touchscreen infotainment system.
The EcoSport also comes with FordPass connected car tech. The new tech allows customers to connect their SUV to their smartphones and operate a number of features remotely. This includes starting, stopping, lock & unlock and AC controls; all via the FordPass app.
The 2021 Ford EcoSport remains mostly the same. The compact-SUV carries forward all the same features from the older MY2020 model. This includes automatic headlamps, push-button start/stop, steering-mounted controls, rain-sensing wipers, six airbags, ABS with EBD and a host of others.
Mechanically, the EcoSport is offered with both the 1.5-litre three-cylinder TiVCT petrol and the 1.5-litre TDCi diesel engines. The petrol mill produces 120bhp of power and 149Nm of peak torque. On the other hand, the oil burner produces around 98bhp of power and a peak torque of 215Nm. Both the engines will be paired to Ford's five-speed manual gearbox.
Thoughts On The 2021 Ford EcoSport
The MY2021 Ford EcoSport has been subtly revised in the Indian market, offering a few additional features, while also reducing its prices. However, now the company is also likely to add a few more things to the S trim, making it more attractive for the customers. The Ford EcoSport goes up against the likes of the likes of the Tata Nexon, Mahindra XUV300, Kia Sonet, Hyundai Venue and the recently introduced Nissan Magnite.