- 22 min ago Yamaha R3 BS6 India Launch Expected Soon: Could Come With New Design & Features
- 1 hr ago Pure EV Electic Scooter Warranty Extended For Battery, Motor & Controller: Here Are All The Details
- 4 hrs ago Hyundai Ioniq 5 Electric Vehicle Displayed In India; India Launch Likely If Import Duty Is Reduced
- 4 hrs ago Toyota Hybrid Battery Warranty Extended: Toyota Camry & Vellfire Get 8 Years Battery Warranty
- News Govts of Assam, Mizoram agree on deployment of neutral central force along disturbed border
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A52s Geekbench Listing Reveals Key Specs; Here's The Expected Price
- Education Government Likely To Offer OBC, EWS Reservation In AIQ For Medical Colleges Admissions
- Finance Rakesh Jhunjhunwala To Start New Airline; Starting With 70 Planes
- Sports Tokyo 2020: Women's 25M Pistol precision events on July 29; list of Indian shooters, timings, format
- Lifestyle Friendship Day 2021: Things Only Best Friends Can Relate To
- Movies Swara Bhasker's Next Is A Murder Mystery Titled Mimamsa
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
The Ford EcoSport facelift has been spotted testing for the first time ahead of its launch. The spy images reveal several changes made to the front. However, the rear of the SUV remains identical to the outgoing model.
The changes on the front include a new LED DRL placed lower down the bumper surrounding the fog lamps. However, the headlamp unit also seems to be having another set of DRLs as well.
The front grille seems to be updated with a broader design than the outgoing model. Look at another profile from the spy images, we could also spot the new alloy wheel design. Apart from that, the side profile of the new EcoSport remains unchanged.
The EcoSport pretty much kickstarted the compact SUV segment in India back in the year 2012. Very little has changed in terms of design over the years apart from few design tweaks. However, this new facelifted model also seems to be a tweak job rather than a refreshed model.
Similarly, the interiors of EcoSport has also undergone slight changes in the past. However, the upcoming facelifted model could undergo a complete design revision to keep up with the competition in the segment. This includes a new Sync 3 infotainment system, updated dashboard design and more.
Coming to the changes under the bonnet, Ford might retune the petrol and diesel engines to produce more power than the outgoing models. With segment rivals offering a wide variety of engine and transmission options, updated powertrains can improve the demand for the EcoSport in India.
Currently, the compact SUV is offered in two engine options: 1.5-litre petrol & 1.5-litre diesel. The petrol engine produces a maximum of 121bhp and 149Nm of torque paired to either a five-speed manual or a six-speed torque-converter automatic.
The diesel engine, on the other hand, churns out a maximum of 99bhp and 215Nm of torque paired to a five-speed gearbox as standard.
The EcoSport features the brand's latest iteration of the 'Ford Pass' connected technology. The Ford Pass lets owners connect to their EcoSport via a smartphone application to control various features of the car. They can also access driving statistics to analyze and extract maximum performance or fuel efficiency.
Thoughts About The Ford EcoSport Facelift Spy Pics
The Ford EcoSport is an old-timer in the Indian market. The company will be giving the compact SUV a much-needed facelift in India. This should help the EcoSport compete against its new segment rivals such as the Nissan Magnite, Renault Kiger, Hyundai Venue and Kia Sonet; among others.
Image Source: TeamBHP