- Movies Vikram Day 34 Box Office Collection Worldwide: Kamal Haasan-Lokesh's Movie Is A Record Breaker In Kollywood!
- Sports Sania Mirza's Wimbledon journey ends
- Technology List Of Best 8GB RAM Xiaomi Smartphones To Buy In India Under Rs. 25,000
- News Raids on Vivo: China hopes for a 'fair' probe in accordance with law
- Finance Silver Rate Drops Sharply By Rs. 200, Check Rates In Major Cities Here
- Education TBSE 10th, 12th Result 2022 Declared At tbresults.tripura.gov.in, Check Tripura Madhyamik, HS Result
- Lifestyle Children Inherit Intelligence Mainly From Their Mothers: How Far Is It True?
- Travel Great Barrier Reef: Planet's Natural Ornaments
The Ford EcoSport facelift has been spotted testing for the first time ahead of its launch. The spy images reveal several changes made to the front. However, the rear of the SUV remains identical to the outgoing model.
The changes on the front include a new LED DRL placed lower down the bumper surrounding the fog lamps. However, the headlamp unit also seems to be having another set of DRLs as well.
The front grille seems to be updated with a broader design than the outgoing model. Look at another profile from the spy images, we could also spot the new alloy wheel design. Apart from that, the side profile of the new EcoSport remains unchanged.
The EcoSport pretty much kickstarted the compact SUV segment in India back in the year 2012. Very little has changed in terms of design over the years apart from few design tweaks. However, this new facelifted model also seems to be a tweak job rather than a refreshed model.
Similarly, the interiors of EcoSport has also undergone slight changes in the past. However, the upcoming facelifted model could undergo a complete design revision to keep up with the competition in the segment. This includes a new Sync 3 infotainment system, updated dashboard design and more.
Coming to the changes under the bonnet, Ford might retune the petrol and diesel engines to produce more power than the outgoing models. With segment rivals offering a wide variety of engine and transmission options, updated powertrains can improve the demand for the EcoSport in India.
Currently, the compact SUV is offered in two engine options: 1.5-litre petrol & 1.5-litre diesel. The petrol engine produces a maximum of 121bhp and 149Nm of torque paired to either a five-speed manual or a six-speed torque-converter automatic.
The diesel engine, on the other hand, churns out a maximum of 99bhp and 215Nm of torque paired to a five-speed gearbox as standard.
The EcoSport features the brand's latest iteration of the 'Ford Pass' connected technology. The Ford Pass lets owners connect to their EcoSport via a smartphone application to control various features of the car. They can also access driving statistics to analyze and extract maximum performance or fuel efficiency.
Thoughts About The Ford EcoSport Facelift Spy Pics
The Ford EcoSport is an old-timer in the Indian market. The company will be giving the compact SUV a much-needed facelift in India. This should help the EcoSport compete against its new segment rivals such as the Nissan Magnite, Renault Kiger, Hyundai Venue and Kia Sonet; among others.
Image Source: TeamBHP