- 1 hr ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 2 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- 4 hrs ago 2021 Jeep Compass SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.99 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago 2021 Triumph Speed Triple 1200RS Globally Unveiled Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details
- Sports Trapped in Australian Open 'hard quarantine', Bopanna waiting for 'freedom day'
- Finance 5 Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.50%
- Technology Xiaomi Mi 10 5G With Snapdragon 870 SoC Expected To Launch Soon: Price Tipped
- Movies Actress Files Complaint Against OTT Platform For Showing Obscene Content
- News Plea in Supreme Court seeks inquiry commission to look into farmer violence
- Lifestyle Katrina Kaif’s Latest Two Summer-Perfect Outfits Are Also Ideal For Winters
- Education JNVST Admit Card 2021 Released For Class 9 Lateral Entry Selection Test
- Travel Experiential Travel: 13-Year-old Sohan Raghuram Writes About His Unique Trip To Goa
After Ford and Mahindra called off their joint venture, many questions are yet to be answered. One among them is the future of the Mahindra XUV500 based Ford SUV, which was expected to launch sometime next year.
Note: Images used are for representation purpose only
According to the latest report from Autocar India, the joint development of Ford's SUV will remain unaffected. The decision to call off the joint venture between both brand brands will not have any effect on the development of Ford's C-SUV for the Indian market.
The joint development of the SUV is a separate entity, which is named the "Project Black" and was announced much before the decision of a joint venture. Both brands have invested a huge amount of time and money towards the developed of the upcoming SUVs.
Speaking about Ford's upcoming SUV, it will be sharing underpinnings from the new-generation Mahindra XUV500, which is expected to launch sometime during quarter 2 of this year. The SUV from Ford will be arriving only by next year.
Although Ford's SUV will share the underpinnings of the XUV500, it will feature a different design from the Mahindra's SUV. Ford could use some of its upcoming international SUV models such as the Ford Equator as the design inspiration.
The design of the SUV from the American manufacturer is still in speculation because it has not been spotted testing even a single time in the country. On the other hand, there is a sea of spy images of the new-gen Mahindra XUV500 testing in the country. This also indicates the fact that the launch of Ford's SUV is still some time away in India.
The interiors of the upcoming Ford SUV will borrow some of the equipment from the new-gen Mahindra XUV500. However, Ford is expected to make some changes and add a few features to tell it apart from the Mahindra SUV's layout.
The upcoming Ford SUV will feature three-row seating and will be the second full-size SUV offering from the brand after the legendary Endeavour. Once launched, the new SUV will be placed in-between the EcoSport and the Endeavour to fill in the huge gap that is present in the brand's Indian line-up.
Along with the confirmation towards the development of the new SUV, the report also reveals that Mahindra will be supplying 1.2-litre turbo-petrol to Ford. The American automaker will be using the new engine to power its compact-SUV, the EcoSport. The new engine option is expected to be made available by the brand sometime later this year.
Thoughts About The Ford C-SUV Based On Mahindra XUV500 Still On Track For India Launch
Despite the joint venture getting called off, both brands will still be working together on several projects. This includes the upcoming Ford SUV which will be based on the new-gen Mahindra XUV500. Both brands aim to improve their vehicle offering along with new powertrain options by working together in the Indian market.