- 9 hrs ago Rs 26,058 Crore PIL Scheme Approved By Government Of India; Government Expects 7.5 Lakh Job Opportunities & Rs
- 12 hrs ago Mahindra XUV700 Will Be Available In Five Different Colours; Pricing Starts From Rs 11.99 Lakh
- 14 hrs ago 2021 Kia Carnival Launched In India At Rs 24.95 Lakh: New Limousine Plus Variant Introduced
- 15 hrs ago Citroen C3 Unveiled In India Ahead Of Launch Next Year: Design, Features, Storage Space & More Details
- Lifestyle Parivartini Ekadashi 2021: Date, History And Significance Of This Festival
- News Schools, colleges in Uttar Pradesh to remain shut on Friday, Saturday in view of heavy rains
- Movies Mohanlal's Drishyam To Get An Indonesian Remake, Confirms Antony Perumbavoor
- Sports Dhoni named in 15-member defence ministry panel on NCC
- Finance Air Traffic Increases 34% MoM In August
- Technology Realme Pad Review: Best Tablet In The Sub-20K Price-Point?
- Travel Awesome Beaches In India To Visit This Winter
- Education Vishwakarma Puja 2021: Date, History, Significance And All You Need To Know
Ford India is gearing up to launch another automatic version of its existing model. This time around the company is looking to add the automatic variant to the Aspire compact sedan.
The Aspire is based on the Figo hatchback and will most likely receive the same 6-speed torque converter unit. Ford recently launched the Figo with an automatic variant and is offered on two trims. As a result, the Aspire could be offered in two trims as well.
Much like the Figo, the Aspire was also offered in an automatic transmission variant. Initially, it featured a more powerful 1.5-litre four-cylinder petrol engine paired to a 6-speed torque converter unit. However, the powertrain option was dropped and did not receive the BS6 update.
The Aspire automatic variant will continue to use the same three-cylinder petrol engine now paired to a 6-speed torque converter. It will use the same transmission as the new Figo AT that features 'Select Shift' technology. This enables the driver to manually choose a gear using a button placed on the gear lever.
- Max power: 95bhp @ 6500rpm
- Peak torque: 119Nm @ 4250rpm
Additionally, the AT variant will also feature a sport button and the traction control can be switched off. For ease of use, The Aspire AT will also feature a Hill Launch Assist. The compact sedan will continue to be offered with a five-speed manual gearbox as well.
As mentioned before, the rest of the features will be carried their manual counterparts. Some of the exterior and interior highlighted features include:
Blacked-out grille & roof
- Fog lamps
- 15-inch alloy wheels
- Charcoal black interiors
- Ford Pass connected technology
- 7-inch touchscreen infotainment
- Semi-digital instrument cluster
The Ford Aspire AT when launched is expected to carry a premium over its manual counterpart. Currently, the compact sedan retails between Rs 7.27 lakh and Rs 7.62 lakh, ex-showroom. The AT variants are expected to be Rs 90,000 more than the respective manual variants.
Thoughts About The Ford Aspire Automatic India Launch Expected Soon
The demand for automatic gearboxes is increasing in India. As a result, Ford is looking to re-introduce the automatic transmission options on its existing models catering to the on-going demand. Also, the Aspire is built in a similar fashion as the Figo and is expected to be an easy swap of the 6-speed torque converter that is introduced on the hatchback.