- Technology AMX XP60 PD Charger Hands-On Review: One-Stop Solution For All Your Charging Needs
- Movies Kriti Sanon On Wrapping Up Adipurush: My Heart Sinks As I Let Go Of This Super Special Character
- News Sasikala visits Jayalalithaa's memorial in Marina beach; first since release from prison
- Finance CBDT Reported Over 2 Cr Income Tax Returns Filed On The e-Filing Portal
- Sports Rumour Has It: Madrid eye Lewandowski and Pogba as Barca chase Man City's Sterling
- Lifestyle Karwa Chauth 2021: Date, Time, Puja Muhurat, Rituals, Vrat Vidhi And Significance
- Education CBSE Class 10, 12 Term Exam Dates Tentative Announced, Check CBSE Class X, XII Date Sheet Release Details
- Travel Navratri Weekend Getaways In And Around Bangalore
Force Motors unveiled the new Gurkha SUV at the 2020 Auto Expo, with an expected launch scheduled to take place sometime at the end of last year. However, the launch plans were postponed amidst the lockdown. However, the company has replied to one of the questions that was asked to it on its social media platform. According to the reply the company has said that the new Gurkha SUV will launch in the month of May this year.
The BS6 Force Gurkha will feature LED DRLs surrounding the main circular headlamps, a single-slat grille, fog lamps, squared wheel arches, sidestep, bonnet-mounted indicators and snorkel mounted on the right-fender. We can also expect more features on the top-spec variant, which could be offered with additional equipment such as windscreen rails, roof rails, alloy wheels and many more.
On the inside, the new Gurkha will get features like a touchscreen infotainment system, automatic climate control, captain seats in the second row and plenty others. The BS6 Force Gurkha will also be offered with side-facing third-row seats; among others.
Mechanically the new Force Gurkha is expected to be powered by a new Mercedes-Benz sourced 2.2-litre and 2.6-litre diesel engine options. While power and torque figures of both engine options are yet to be revealed, they are expected to come paired with a manual gearbox as standard. Power will be sent to the rear wheels, although the higher-spec trims could feature a 4x4 setup as well.
Thoughts About The Upcoming Force Gurkha BS6
The Force Gurkha is a popular all-terrain capable SUV offering in the Indian market. Once launched in India, the BS6 Force Gurkha will go up against the likes of the new Mahindra Thar. Prices for the new Gurkha are expected to be at a slight premium compared to its predecessor.