- 6 min ago TVS Apache RTR 160 4V & RTR 200 4V Prices Hiked Again This Year: Here Are The New Prices!
- 1 hr ago Maruti Suzuki Sells Most Number Of Factory-Fitted CNG Cars: 1.57 Lakh Cars Sold In FY20-21
- 13 hrs ago Mahindra Trademarks XUV100, XUV400, XUV700 & XUV900 Names For Future SUVs
- 13 hrs ago 2021 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Detailed Review — The Perfect Entry-Level Performance Motorcycle?
- Lifestyle Madhuri Dixit Nene Looks Splendid In A Pink Metallic Lehenga And It’s Price Can Afford You A Foreign Trip!
- News List of states that have cancelled, postponed Class 10, 12 board exams
- Sports AFC Champions League 2021: Gritty FC Goa hold formidable Al Rayyan
- Movies Amitabh Bachchan Says Partial Lockdown In Maharashtra Will Affect Schedules, 'But Shall Prevail Eventually'
- Finance LIC's Alert: Don't Attend To Calls From Unverified Sources
- Technology Moto G60, Moto G40 Fusion Spotted On Geekbench; Official Teaser Out In India
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In April
- Education Karnataka: No Online Exams For Higher Classes, Says Dy CM Ashwath Narayan
Force Motors unveiled the new Gurkha SUV at the 2020 Auto Expo, with an expected launch scheduled to take place sometime at the end of last year. However, the launch plans were postponed amidst the lockdown.
The company is now expected to bring in the new BS6-updated Force Gurkha to the Indian market in the coming months. Ahead of its launch in the country, CarWale has released spy images of the upcoming SUV, undergoing extensive testing on the outskirts of Pune.
As seen in the images, the prototype of the Force Gurkha is clearly the base-variant of the SUV. The images reveal the prototype without any camouflage, showcasing its design and exterior features offered.
The images showcase the BS6 Force Gurkha having LED DRLs surrounding the main circular headlamps, a single-slat grille, fog lamps, squared wheel arches, sidestep, bonnet-mounted indicators and snorkel mounted on the right-fender. We can also expect more features on the top-spec variant, which could be offered with additional equipment such as windscreen rails, roof rails, alloy wheels and many more.
The spy pics do not showcase the interiors of the upcoming Gurkha model. However, we expect the company to offer significant updates to the cabin and the dashboard as well. This includes offering modern features such as a touchscreen infotainment system, automatic climate control, captain seats in the second row and plenty others. The BS6 Force Gurkha will also be offered with side-facing third-row seats; among others.
The BS6-compliant Force Gurkha is expected to be powered by a new Mercedes-Benz sourced 2.2-litre and 2.6-litre diesel engine options. While power and torque figures of both engine options are yet to be revealed, they are expected to come paired with a manual gearbox as standard. Power will be sent to the rear wheels, although the higher-spec trims could feature a 4x4 setup as well.
Thoughts On The Upcoming Force Gurkha BS6
The Force Gurkha is a popular all-terrain capable SUV offering in the Indian market. Once launched in India, the BS6 Force Gurkha will rival the likes of the new Mahindra Thar. Prices for the new Gurkha are expected to be at a slight premium compared to its predecessor.