- 1 hr ago Simple Energy To Invest Rs 2500 Crore In Next 5 Years — Signs MoU With TN Govt
- 1 hr ago Hero Xpulse Rally 200 Wins Its Debut Race At INRSC 2021
- 19 hrs ago Ather Energy Opens New Dealership In Surat — Second Foray Into Gujarat
- 20 hrs ago Honda Activa 125 Premium Edition Launched At Rs 78,725
- Sports Ashes: Travis Head hundred, Warner 94 give Australia edge over England at Gabba on Day 2
- Finance What are Banking Super Apps? How They Are Transforming Banking System In India?
- Movies Katrina Kaif Chose A Pink Lehenga For Her Sangeet Ceremony With Vicky Kaushal?
- News Gen Rawat’s chopper lost contact with Sulur airbase at 12.08 pm
- Lifestyle Katrina Kaif And Janhvi Kapoor Win Us With Their Festive And Floral Yellow Suits
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 2021 Full Specifications & Pricing Revealed; Launching In India?
- Education UPPSC Answer Key 2021 Released For RO, ARO Exam, Raise Objections By December 14
- Travel Budget Friendly Winter Places To Visit Around Aizawl
Force Motors unveiled the new Gurkha SUV at the 2020 Auto Expo, with an expected launch scheduled to take place sometime at the end of last year. However, the launch plans were postponed amidst the lockdown.
The company is now expected to bring in the new BS6-updated Force Gurkha to the Indian market in the coming months. Ahead of its launch in the country, CarWale has released spy images of the upcoming SUV, undergoing extensive testing on the outskirts of Pune.
As seen in the images, the prototype of the Force Gurkha is clearly the base-variant of the SUV. The images reveal the prototype without any camouflage, showcasing its design and exterior features offered.
The images showcase the BS6 Force Gurkha having LED DRLs surrounding the main circular headlamps, a single-slat grille, fog lamps, squared wheel arches, sidestep, bonnet-mounted indicators and snorkel mounted on the right-fender. We can also expect more features on the top-spec variant, which could be offered with additional equipment such as windscreen rails, roof rails, alloy wheels and many more.
The spy pics do not showcase the interiors of the upcoming Gurkha model. However, we expect the company to offer significant updates to the cabin and the dashboard as well. This includes offering modern features such as a touchscreen infotainment system, automatic climate control, captain seats in the second row and plenty others. The BS6 Force Gurkha will also be offered with side-facing third-row seats; among others.
The BS6-compliant Force Gurkha is expected to be powered by a new Mercedes-Benz sourced 2.2-litre and 2.6-litre diesel engine options. While power and torque figures of both engine options are yet to be revealed, they are expected to come paired with a manual gearbox as standard. Power will be sent to the rear wheels, although the higher-spec trims could feature a 4x4 setup as well.
Thoughts On The Upcoming Force Gurkha BS6
The Force Gurkha is a popular all-terrain capable SUV offering in the Indian market. Once launched in India, the BS6 Force Gurkha will rival the likes of the new Mahindra Thar. Prices for the new Gurkha are expected to be at a slight premium compared to its predecessor.